Thread: Not sure this is a good thing.....

Default Not sure this is a good thing.....

So, my SIL just announced she is pregnant. Normally I would be very happy for her, except for the fact she is in a not so good relationship, and they have been together for less than 2 months, been living together for only a few weeks. She just barely got her current job, and I don't know she is able to take care of herself, let alone a newborn baby. The father of the child is not very high on my list...he has two, possibly three children already, none of which he is involved with, nor is he taking care of. He just recently had his driver's license revoked for driving drunk, and he does not treat my SIL well at all...and my DH does not want him around.
    I also know that SIL was drinking on Sunday... not that I think she is has a drinking problem, but she has a lot of issues, and throwing a baby into the mix may not be a good thing.
    Whatever the true outcome of this (if it was a false positive, or if she is in fact pregnant) we will support her with whatever she decides.
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

Yikes, I hope it all works out
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(27)DH(39) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

And I find out it is a "Breast Cancer Awareness" post....with no explanation behind it....
    As much as love my SIL....I truly could strangle her right now.
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

UUUUUUGGGHHHHHHHH ...those are just absolutely ridiculous!

I'm so sorry Lizzy, that is just awful !!

I'm glad she's not pg in her current circumstances, but oh my word, like you really needed that
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Breast cancer awareness through announcement of a fake pregnancy? That's just offensive to all my friends who are battling it. Hugs. You don't have to strangle her but give her a good pinch of reality.

Ok i had to google it so I could understand what you are talking about and found this explanation....WOW. http://community.babycenter.com/post...ncer_awareness

Another idiotic facebook game that spreads like the plague. Well hallelujah she isn't pregnant, nothing you had to say about her situation sounded like she is ready for that or with the right person for the job! If I see someone on my FB post this, I will make sure they realize how offensive it is.

She even went as far as getting upset that we weren't happy for her. I truly think that once she is truly READY to have a child she will be a great mom. But not in her current situation. Not with the guy who can't treat her right, not with a job that barely covers the bills, and not until she gets some of her medical issues under control.
    DH had a long talk with her....not sure that it helped, but I truly hope she understands how much that post hurt us. Not that she may "steal our thunder" with being pregnant at the same time as us, but with believing that putting up something like that after all we went through....it hurts us emotionally.

She has a lot of growing up to do...and I hope that our responses, along with just about everyone else that knew her and posted onto her facebook status....that joking about something like pregnancy isn't something that is cool....even if it is supposedly to spread BREAST CANCER AWARENESS........

Yeah, I got caught up in someone's FB game and they messaged me about how I "had to" post one of 10 things to my wall without explanation. Uh, yeah, I don't HAVE to post anything to FB. Stuff like that just drives me crazy!!!

Luckily the person I was responding to wasn't announcing a fake pregnancy. That is pretty tacky, especially in the face of what you and your DH went through. And, please, exactly HOW does that do anything for breast cancer awareness?!?!?
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

That was my point exactly! I don't see the relationship at all. Nor do you HAVE to post ANYTHING to your facebook. Yes, DH and I posted right away that we were pregnant right away....but our families knew that were doing IVF..and we waited until we contacted direct family before we posted.
    Had she truly been pregnant, we would have supported her and her child....but we may not have liked the situation surrounding it. Family can be so frustrating at times....but they are family....so... In my opinion, ya gotta love them, even if they drive you crazy.