Thread: Im really scared and I need advice. Please.

Default Im really scared and I need advice. Please.

I'm 19 and this is my first pregnancy. I took my pregnancy test 3 weeks ago. Based on my lmp I'm supposed to be 8w4d but at my u/s today the tech told me I'm only showing a gestational sac measuring 4 weeks. They gave me a blood test said they'd call me tomorrow and sent me on my way. No explanations or anything. My doctor didn't even come in to talk to me. Just the sonogram tech. I've only bled after sex and I barely have any cramps. Do you think there's hope for me?

I'm not really sure. The only thing I can think of is that at 8 weeks pregnant, the gestational age of the baby would be more like 6 weeks because pregnancy is counted from the first day of your LMP but the baby did not exist until two weeks later after you ovulated. So that could maybe account for the difference. Do you know for sure when you ovulated? Were you temping or using OPKs? If you ovulated a little later in your cycle that could make you not as far along as you thought, too. I'm sorry you are scared and confused, and I hope the doctor will have some answers for you soon! Don't give up hope, and hang in there!
    Jennifer

Blog Entries

I'd be pretty concerned if there was a four week difference in measurements this early. You'll know more after some repeat blood tests.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart , My blog about MCAD

I'm sorry.... I hope you get more answers. Your doctor probably didn't come in because there is not much to go off right now. Your first blood test will tell nothing of huge significance, just where your hcg stands, then you will go for a repeat. Those second numbers should give more insight.
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks