Thread: OTC Meds question

Default OTC Meds question

I have a horrible cold. Sore throat, runny and stuffy nose and just feel awful. I know we are allowed to take Tylenol cold products but all I have at home is Tylenol Cold and Flu, severe. Is that ok to take? I looked online and didn't see it listed but the list was updated a couple of years ago and this is a fairly new medicine. So I don't know if it just hasn't made it to the ok list or maybe it is one that isn't ok and I should stay away and go buy the regular cold med. What do you all think?

Sorry Cindy, I have no idea. I have, literally, not taken anything for a cold in over 6 years.

I hope you feel better soon!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

I am almost positive that its OK in a normal pregnancy. The list of ingredients on the side should show a mix of regular OTC meds that are OK. Like pseudoephedrine (sudafed), or acetaminophen (tylonal)..things like that.

Yes you can. You can also take Sudafed, which in my experience gives me the most relief.
    Dada (27) Mama-Jessie (26) Orion (4) Kadence (2) Osiris (Uterus)

Thanks ladies. I usually wouldn't take anything for a cold while pg but with my job, I can't be walking around sneezing, coughing and tmi, but being snotty all over the place. Everything has to be very sterile. I'm taking extra vitamin C, so hopefully it'll make the cold go away quicker.

Jen (34), DH (36), DS (3), Baby #2 EDD 10/21/14

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

Thanks Jen. That helped alot. 😊

I'm so sorry you're feeling yucky !! Praying you feel better soon !

I agree with everyone else
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

I know you know this but see if your ob has list of meds that are OK and keep it in your med cabinet. My ob with D's 1 and my midwife both gave me lists and I kept them. They actually OK more meds then the above link. But its always good to play it safe.