Thread: This is going to sound dumb, but...

Default This is going to sound dumb, but...

I got a pineapple last week for 0.99! A whole, fresh pineapple. I thought...I'll just hold on to it until I'm ready (to you know...eat the whole thing and go into labor ). But it seems that wasn't a great idea because they don't just stay good in their shells for awhile. Theoretically I should have put it in the fridge right away. If I cut it open it will only stay good for about 3-5 days. I have TONS of frozen pineapple already so while freezing is an option, it would be super redundant.

I guess I'm afraid that if I go ahead and eat it, I'll start something I didn't intend to.

That's crazy, right? My body won't start labor unless it's ready to...right?
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Yeah, I doubt a piece of fruit has the power to completely kick start you from zero to labor. Remember everything that Mariah did and I don't believe she was able to trigger early labor.
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

But it's MAGIC fruit!

I know, right?? Maybe you should just make sure you don't chant the labor incantation WHILE eating the pineapple.
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

I've been eating pineapples and had nothing after them. Eat it. You'll be fine!

I totally did not know that about pineapple!! Now I want pineapple, Thanks... LOL!!! AND I want to find one for 99 cents!
    Jessica (34) DH (39) This is a first for both of us

I ate 3 whole freaking pineapples around 38wks with my last baby and all I got was mouth ulcers despite being 4cm dilated and having bloody show for 2wks...Dorcas, silly me forgot the incantation !!

I'd eat it and enjoy without fear

Oh, and for the record, lol, I wasn't trying to kickstart labor because I was tired of being pg ...we were in the process of relocating and dh was staying 2.5hrs away Mon-Fri. Since he would be home that weekend, and knowing I was dilated to 4cm/having bloody show for 2wks, I started eating pineapple on Thursday, had my midwife strip my membranes on Friday, and continued to eat pineapple throughout the weekend. It was a no-go and my water ended up breaking at 2am the following Wednesday morning...no contrx for 24hrs, gbs + so I was induced, and dh obviously made it in plenty of time despite my worries . And it wasn't the pineapple/stripping membranes that caused my water to break either since that's just me...it has happened that way with my last 3 kiddos and with one other, water breaks and no contrx .
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Stepping in to say: I've heard it can work but, it could be an old wive's tail I don't see the harm in eating it now if you want to.
    *** Lindsay ***

I'd just eat the pineapple! I've been eating lots of it for months. Baby won't come till its ready to come!
    Katie~
    DD1 (7) DD2 (4) DS1 (22 months) Baby #4 EDD 7/13/14

Eat it. It wont do anything unless you are super ready. Trust me. lol I ate like 5 pineapples to try to get Kayla out.
    Mariah (35) and DH (40) BFP 8/12/13! Baby Kayla is here! Praying for all the APA girls .

Eat it. But try this.

1 tbsp olive oil
    2 tbsp honey
    1 tbsp lime juice
    1 tsp cinnamon

Mix together and coat the cut wedges. Cook it....I have done grilled or just in a pan on the stove. 4-5 minutes and flip them for another 4-5 minutes. Eat it warm.

I don't really care that much for pineapple but this is so incredible.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    Eat it. But try this.

1 tbsp olive oil
    2 tbsp honey
    1 tbsp lime juice
    1 tsp cinnamon

Mix together and coat the cut wedges. Cook it....I have done grilled or just in a pan on the stove. 4-5 minutes and flip them for another 4-5 minutes. Eat it warm.

I don't really care that much for pineapple but this is so incredible.
    omigosh that sounds amazing! Thanks

It's like a party in your mouth. i have made it three times in three weeks and probably will keep on making it once a week.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I heard you have to eat like 7 pineapples for that whole thing to work. I think you're fine with just the one.
    Jen (34), DH (36), DS (3), Baby #2 EDD 10/21/14

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

Eat all the pineapples!

Quote Originally Posted by GatorGRITS View Post
    I heard you have to eat like 7 pineapples for that whole thing to work. I think you're fine with just the one.
    I think just the fact that someone eats so many pineapples in 1 sitting will make the baby want to get out lol and think of all the heartburn you'll get!