Thread: Another question about homosexuality

Hybrid View

Question Another question about homosexuality

I am very supportive of the community of all LGBTQ not sure if that's the correct order of spelling. The same cousin in law I posted about is struggling with this very thing. I told her I am supportive of her no matter what. She is having feelings of possibly being gay after 12 year of marriage.This has been causing fights and feelings of her wanting to flight, leave the house, the kids, and stay with a friend she was also going to do it last week. My question is has anyone had a family member feeling like they can't be themselves? I just think its a shame she can't open up to her husband. I think its better to be happy than live a lie of course. She has mentioned she wants a divorce many times to her husband. She feels "guilty" for her inner feelings. I've expressed to her she can't help the way she feels if she isn't attracted to her husband anymore and all they do is argue and she is not making headway maybe a separation first would be a good idea.

She was like "well.. he doesn't beat me or anything". Why does it always have to be that extreme? I think personally from having two divorced parents I wish they would have been divorced before it got out of control before the name calling,hitting, and screaming started. It shouldn't get to that point but, sometimes for it does. She doesn't want to hurt the kids by getting a divorce but, I personally view it as if she in't happy at home they will sense that she doesn't want to
    be there and eventually will understand. Kids are sharp the little people understand something just isn't right even if they don't know exactly what it is. Its all very sad for her. I hope she has the courage to express how she feels to her husband. If anyone has any experience with this sort of thing?
    Last edited by mom2CodySophia0811; 06-05-2014 at 11:05 PM.
    *** Lindsay ***

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I would probably say to any friend who is unhappy and thinking about leaving her family for any reason that she should try to go to counseling alone first and discuss her feelings with someone. I would have a hard time giving specific advice about leaving or separating, unless she was in immediate danger, since it's hard to see exactly how a relationship is working from the outside.

It's nice that she has you to talk to, and it sounds like you have been very supportive to her.

Quote Originally Posted by 3andMe View Post
    I would probably say to any friend who is unhappy and thinking about leaving her family for any reason that she should try to go to counseling alone first and discuss her feelings with someone. I would have a hard time giving specific advice about leaving or separating, unless she was in immediate danger, since it's hard to see exactly how a relationship is working from the outside.

It's nice that she has you to talk to, and it sounds like you have been very supportive to her.
    Yes I've encouraged for her to go to counseling which she does too for professional advice. It sucks I feel so unless in this situation
    *** Lindsay ***

It is hard seeing people that we care about going through rough times. Sometimes no matter what you do or say, they do other things. It's frustrating. I agree about the counselling. Hopefully, she can work through her own issues and then move on to the marriage issues.

Quote Originally Posted by AmeriBrit View Post
    It is hard seeing people that we care about going through rough times. Sometimes no matter what you do or say, they do other things. It's frustrating. I agree about the counselling. Hopefully, she can work through her own issues and then move on to the marriage issues.
    I hope so too. I just hope with whatever happens she will be happy and so will her family.
    *** Lindsay ***