Thread: Night wakings!

Default Night wakings!

This is my second child but I am still struggling with figuring out the night wakings

DS is 10.5 months and eats very well during teh day. He gets his night bottlw at 8.30pm/9pm and doesnt need another bottle until 5pm. Thats like 8 hours but he will still wake up several times in between. I will have to put him back to sleep by holding him or co-cleeping and patting him. His day time naps are messed up(inlaws have been watching him so they can only so so much).

My husband gets a week off next week and said he will do the sleep training. Definitely not doing the cry it out method? Which sleep book do I reference..?

Thanks
    Me-(34), DH(37), DD(3y.10m) DS(9.5month)

I did a modified Dr Jay's method (which sounds similar to what you're doing now) when she was a bit older... 12 or 14 months, maybe? Boy, time flies and the memory fades!

But mine was to night wean her, which also got her to sleep better. It sounds like he is not waking to eat, just waking up? In which case, I would just continue doing what you're doing.

Good luck!

Sorry, I have no advice. Nathan will be 3 in a couple of months and he still wakes up most nights and comes downstairs (I'm usually up working at night). Usually he will lay down on the couch and go right back to sleep, but some nights, like last night, he's awake for several hours before I can get him back to sleep.
    Lynne, Grandma to three beautiful girls and one handsome little man!

Blog Entries

I'm with you! DS is 9 months and has never sttn. I'm kinda waiting it out since 9-10 months is a big developmental spurt and thus affects sleep, so I do a lot of sitting/rocking and nursing to get him back to sleep. He is my 3rd and all three have been bad sleepers as babies. But my girls got better around 12-18 months, so I hope ds does too. Good luck!!

~ Cassie, mama to Madison (8), Ali (4) & Wesley (new dude!)