Thread: First full appointment yesterday

Default First full appointment yesterday

Hello, FTM here!
    I am 8 weeks today and so far, things seem to be going pretty well so I thought I would jump into the due date room. I have had three betas with a 36h doubling time and then at 6w1d I had my first ultrasound. We saw and heard the heartbeat at 104bpm. It was the most amazing thing I have ever heard. I know people always say that, but it is really true
    Yesterday I had my first ob appointment with a physical and lots of blood work. I can't wait until the next appointment at the end of June so we can see the little one again! I had a mc in January, so waiting so long between appointments is a bit nerve wracking.

EDD is 1/14/15!!!
    Cheryl [34] DH [35] EDD: 01/14/15
    01/14

Congrats and welcome to the room!!! Hearing that HB never gets old!

Welcome!! And congratulations. The wait between appointments is the worst. Just try to stay positive, don't read too many horrors stories on the internet and take care of yourself. Can't wait to see a Sono Pic!!

Welcome and congrats! If it gives you any peace of mind, my RE said once you see a heartbeat, your chances of miscarriage go down to less than 5%. Not true for everyone, I know, but those are pretty good odds in my opinion.
    Jen (34), DH (36), DS (3), Baby #2 EDD 10/21/14

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

Welcome!!! Super excited for you that things are progressing well ! Hearing the hb is the best !!

Thinking of you and looking forward to updates...will be stalking
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Thanks everyone! Had an ultrasound at the first tri screen today and baby was moving so much that the tech had a tough time getting measurements! Everything looked great, now just waiting on blood work (long wait, will be about 2 weeks). This office offers the non invasive screen for $145 (as opposed to crazy expensive harmony or other brand), so we will get to find out gender in just 2 weeks!
    Cheryl [34] DH [35] EDD: 01/14/15
    01/14

Awww, great update !!

How exciting to be finding out gender soon...can't wait to hear !!!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels