Thread: My official due date! :-)

Default My official due date! :-)

Met with my ob/gyn to have my pap & find out all of my results: bloodwork, great; all negatives where negatives need to be; found out once again that I'm AB+ ...and, oh yeah: the official estimate due date: Jan 8th. That baby implanted fast! I'm 9 weeks tomorrow!

And, here's something interesting: I learned about Maternit21, the blood test that can be done as early as 10 weeks & via the mother's blood, it checks for chromosomal abnormalities...and get this: the gender! Part of me would love to know as soon as possible (mostly, to prepare Evelia as she refuses to even fathom a sister!), but I'm also leaning toward waiting until the 18-week u/s...you know, the big surprise. I declined all of the other genetic tests, but this blood test might be interesting to have done...just for peace of mind, I suppose. Next appt is July 1st, so I won't know anything until mid-July, anyway. Hopefully this perpetual yukky-gaggy-exhaustion-headache will have subsided by then... Ha!

Me, 37; DH, 43; DD, 5; m/c, twins -- 12/11; EDD -- DS, Jan 8th
    Wishing all lots of and !

Yay for a great appointment!!! It amazes me that you could find out so early!! How exciting!

Congratulations! I wish Iknew about this test earlier - here in China they don't do it but can be done in hk. I just wanted to know the gender earlier. My quad was negative but either way it would no change anything about having the baby.

I had the Harmony test done (same thing, different brand) and I had to pay $750 out of pocket for it. I would have still done it, but it would have been nice to know it was going to cost THAT much. Part of my issue was that I hadn't met my deductible yet, but still it's a pretty expensive test. I would encourage you to call your insurance company and get the details hashed out ahead of time. I'm still not 100% certain that mine was processed correctly, but I don't even feel like having that argument and frankly, it pretty much pushed me to meet my deductible so I'm cool with it.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Quote Originally Posted by khadijavye View Post
    I had the Harmony test done (same thing, different brand) and I had to pay $750 out of pocket for it. I would have still done it, but it would have been nice to know it was going to cost THAT much. Part of my issue was that I hadn't met my deductible yet, but still it's a pretty expensive test. I would encourage you to call your insurance company and get the details hashed out ahead of time. I'm still not 100% certain that mine was processed correctly, but I don't even feel like having that argument and frankly, it pretty much pushed me to meet my deductible so I'm cool with it.
    We got the bill for the test & while we tried to get an estimate prior to the test with the insurance company, they weren't sure what the test would be billed for & then we also had some deductible that needed to be met, etc., so while the test came to a total of $2,762.00, we ended up getting billed $484.49. I still want to call the insurance company to be sure that everything was right...but like I told my husband, the peace of mind is worth the cost as it's the only test that I decided to have.

Me, 37; DH, 43; DD, 5; m/c, twins -- 12/11; EDD -- DS, Jan 8th
    Wishing all lots of and !

Glad it was a little less for you! ;)
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Congrats on your baby boy!!! <3