Thread: Praise thread

Default Praise thread

I thought we could use a space to talk about good things going on--we have one for complaints and while that's important, talking about happy things makes us happy.

So feel free to share something good going or something unexpected!

When I went to the doctor yesterday, I had to see the nurse practitioner and not one of my midwives. It was the only way I could be seen right away and I figured that was better than waiting. Anyway, she was really great trying to determine what was wrong with me. At the end of the appt she was talking about the GBS test and how since I'm almost 36 weeks they could do it--the OBs do it at 35 weeks--but she thought we should wait until next week when I can see my MW again. She said that since I'm wanting natural childbirth and the GBS test is only good for 4 weeks, it would better to wait in case I go over 40 weeks so it doesn't have to be repeated. She also gave me the option of waiting on my cervix check until next week, because 1) wasn't feeling good and 2) less poking around is better.

I didn't really appreciate this until today, but she really could have tried to force the OBs rules on me since I was on "their" side for my visit. Instead she recognized and honored my medical care wishes and treated me accordingly.

Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

That's nice and very respectful of her!

Despite feeling miserable due to heat I honestly can't complain about my life atm. Mostly Because Of My dh. He is always there for me and helps a great deal with kids and housework even though he works long hours with all the tutoring he has besides his regular working hours.

So glad you have people working WITH you! That is so important.

Cheeksy, your DH sounds wonderful. I'm so jealous. Mine is going through some kind of "hard time", where he's really more like a second child for me to deal with. I don't know what's going on with him. Enjoy the wonderful man you have!

As for me... Well, we're in our new house. Not settled down yet, and we have a ton or work to do on it, but it's still very nice! Our old house is in contract for a good price, so I'm really hoping that we get some money from that.

My baby boy is always super active, and getting so strong! Maiya was IUGR, so I get the feeling that the end of this pregnancy will be VERY different from hers. I mean, his moving is starting to feel kind of, uh, interesting already. Can't imagine 16 weeks from now! And this isn't a complaint- to me, it's amazing and I love it.

My DH went through stages with all children where he would be very emotionally vulnerable - he probably won't admit it lol there was a ppint during my 2nd pregnancy where I realised how hard actually pregnancy reflects on men. I hope your dh is just going through a phase like that!

I really have more praises than I do complaints this pregnancy. In every way this pregnancy has been far easier than my last. I have not suffered from back problems, only very minimal heartburn, and I just don't have that constant uncomfortable feeling that I did last time. I am SO thankful that I lost the weight I did before getting pregnant even though I have almost gained all of it back now. I can feel the difference in my body and all in all this has been a really uneventful and even comfortable (as it can be) pregnancy for me.

I might still end up as July mama since atm we are trying to decide between June 30 and July 1st for the surgery. Awfully close to due date but I'm grateful I have this choice and that mom already booked her ticket for 29th!