Thread: What do you keep in your keepsake box for your kids?

Default What do you keep in your keepsake box for your kids?

So let me see your list of things you keep.

First hat, coming home outfit, first Xmas outfit, 1st bday outfit, favorite baby toys, favorite books???

What about baby teeth....do you keep any of them, one of them or all of them?

What else do you keep? Do moms still do hope chests these day?

baby shower cards, all birthday cards (each year in a separate bundle with an elastic around them) and all cards from other occasions as well.
    coming home outfit, hat the hospital puts on them, one newborn size diaper
    some pictures that they drew (with date and explanation on the back)
    first hair cut curl
    left over pictures from professional photo shoots (Sears, ect)
    First Xmas outfit
    First pair of walking shoes
    favourite book
    a few favourite stuffed animals (DD1 was super attached to a couple)
    Random notes (the ones she writes to Santa or easter bunny, ect)

So far I just have invitations to his christening and our Christmas card. I'll add his first birthday invitation to it. I kept the menu from his christening celebration too. Other than that I just keep a detailed baby book marking monthly happenings and milestones and a first year calendar. I also try really hard to keep up with his photo album, putting all pictures in date order and adding captions.

I don't think I'll be saving hair or baby teeth.

Blog Entries

Hospital hats, first birthday cards, lots of drawings (I need to reduce what I have physically kept though!), and any other cards that have something meaningful handwritten on them.

~ Cassie, mama to Madison (8), Ali (4) & Wesley (new dude!)

Hair from their first hair cut in a small baggy, first tooth, I had Cody's first outfit but, not Sophia. I don't keep a lot I have more pictures than anything
    of their first moments. I am not very sentimental I guess. I did however get their newborn pictures at the hospital done when they were 1 day one. Both are
    framed. I have tons of leftover pictures from our local studio in general from holidays or family pictures.
    Last edited by mom2CodySophia0811; 06-03-2014 at 12:08 PM.
    *** Lindsay ***

I have all the listed "firsts" and also ultrasound pics, hospital bracelets, lots of their crafts and art projects, especially any with hand/foot prints. I made a pic CD for each of them of the first year. I didn't make up baby books, but I have all the info to do them eventually.
    ~Andrea~

Quote Originally Posted by sunkiss View Post
    I have all the listed "firsts" and also ultrasound pics, hospital bracelets, lots of their crafts and art projects, especially any with hand/foot prints. I made a pic CD for each of them of the first year. I didn't make up baby books, but I have all the info to do them eventually.
    See I forgot about all of the ultrasound pics in this question I have all those in an album. I also have both of the hospital bracelets taped into their baby books
    and the first foot prints. I totally forgot about that! I have Cody's baby book done expect for a few photos and same with Sophia.
    *** Lindsay ***

Awesome ideas!! Any others?