Thread: How are we all doing?

Default How are we all doing?

Both still preggo moms and moms who had the babies?
    I am miserable lol This year heat and humidity are so bad that I am staying home most of the time and so is my almost 2 year old. Every time I go out my feet and hands balloon up until I have a chance to get back to cooler environment. And I generally love heat and humidity! Oh, and being in the swimming pool doesn't help this time. It was so great with first 2 but as much as this baby likes me being in water and does some somersaults, I am not liking how I feel in the water.
    But on the other hand I am grateful I am home and not working!!!

(((((((hugs))))))))))) I have heard that being pregnant in the heat of summer (or near summer) is horribly uncomfortable. I am so sorry you are feeling so miserable from the heat. You are almost there, though! Hang in there!

I have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off. The school year is almost over, though, so that will help but then summer school starts. I just wish I could go to part-time or something. I may be able to, but am worried that will affect my loan outcome. So I just gotta make it until the end of June.

Elek is growing like a weed and doing really well. He is such a good baby, too! I am blessed for that since my DD1 is a handful right now. Who knew a toddler boy could be so destructive! I was warned....lol Some nights Elek will sleep through the night which is wonderful. Thankfully DH does the night duties most nights. He will be gone all next week with our other two children so night duties will be all mine for a while but like I said, Elek is easy going and sleeps for long periods so I am not worried. Plus being without the older two will give us some mommy-baby time.
    Dayna (37) DH (38) DD (6) DS1 (3) DS2 3-31-14

Man I can relate to you both! I feel you on the swelling because of the heat. I was pregnant all through the summer with both my sons but DS1 was the worst because I was also working(and I was bigger). Lots of ice water was the only thing that made me feel somewhat better. It's also not fun trying to keep toddlers inside all day Right now I have 4 little ones inside all day because it's either too hot during the hours I could go outside(not interrupting nap time, breakfast, lunch time...and so on) or stepping out with 4 kids by myself (one of them a newborn) just isn't doable at the time. Most of the time it's both of those reasons combined. It's been a whirlwind here ever since this little gale came home with us. Number 4 has proven to be a not so easy transition but we're making it work
    We also found out that our little Abigail was born with Biotinidase Deficiency. It's a very rare metabolic disorder. She's doing fine because she's getting the biotin supplement she requires to keep her symptom free it's just been tough trying to get everything figured out. By the way mommies this deficiency is life threatening as well as all the other things that the simple heel prick newborn screen tests for. If your state doesn't do the newborn screening I would recommend ordering one. I never though much about the heel prick with my first three but ever since my daughter came back positive for Biotinidase deficiency I have never been more thankful for it.

Chelsea Deven (5 years)
    DS- Dean(4 years), Dean's twin 8 weeks DS-Logan(3 years), DD-Hannah(1 year), DD- Abigail(1 month), We're a big family and loving every minute of it

OMG I am so sorry for everyone still pg dealing with the heat!

I am doing okay. I have good days and bad days. I have O pain for 2 days and DH and I dtd... so ... I am kinda nervous. Anyone eles get the daddy stitch? I want to go on record as not liking it. Guess who does... lol Kayla is now 9lb 14 oz up from 6lb 4 oz at birth and she is 5 weeks! 3.5 lbs in 5 weeks!!! But she has a substantial heart mummer that is being watched closely. Also they want me to stop supplementing her and bf only and come back tomorrow for anther weigh in. fx
    Mariah (35) and DH (40) BFP 8/12/13! Baby Kayla is here! Praying for all the APA girls .

I can't believe I only have 16 days until my edd! While I feel very pregnant there is part of me that thinks I have a lot of time left . I have been having a ton of bh contractions everyday with some pretty real feeling ones at the end of the day. Also this lo is so low it can be really uncomfortable especially when he/she pushes down/punches. The scratching/sore feeling is not pleasant.

Things are mostly ready to go for birth. Baby's bag is packed with all we need plus a going home outfit for boy or girl. I had my baby sprinkle party and we are stocked with everything we need including giant boxes of diapers sizes 1,2&3. DH was very happy to see those boxes

DD is very very excited and has been a huge part of helping to get ready for baby. She loved washing bottles, folding onesies, and playing with her baby doll in the real stroller. I gave her a sling to use with her doll and knit her doll a hat since I have been a knitting machine making hats and booties for this lo. DD is going to be a great big sister

This week DD is having some special time with my folks - a vacation before baby for her and me. She loves visiting them and is having a blast! DR'S sailing business has kicked off for the season and things are going great especially since June tends to be slow until school gets out. He's so ready to meet this baby and has been watching me like a hawk when he's home - every time I'm having strong bh he always asks "is it go time?"

We have our names picked out for boy and girl and I can't wait to meet our baby!
    [/URL]

Dayna, I hope you get loan approved soon and close on the house so you can start your new journey as SAHM or at least switch to part-time. Will Elek be in daycare while dh is gone? I can't believe he is going on 3 months already! !!

Chelsea, I'm so sorry to hear about Abigail! I am glad she is getting needed help and is symptom free. It can't be easy!

Mariah, I hope Kayla's murmur self-resolves. I know for some babies it is possible. So hopes and prayers for it.

Quote Originally Posted by cheeksy View Post
    Dayna, I hope you get loan approved soon and close on the house so you can start your new journey as SAHM or at least switch to part-time. Will Elek be in daycare while dh is gone? I can't believe he is going on 3 months already! !!

Chelsea, I'm so sorry to hear about Abigail! I am glad she is getting needed help and is symptom free. It can't be easy!

Mariah, I hope Kayla's murmur self-resolves. I know for some babies it is possible. So hopes and prayers for it.
    Thanks! The loan is approved we are just working on closing asap. Right now there is over a week difference between the closing on the house we are selling and the one we are buying.

While DH and my older two are gone, baby Elek will stay with my mom while I am at work. She loves one-on-one time with him and will not be getting much of that once we move because we will no longer live within walking distance of her. In fact we will live about 45 min away.
    Dayna (37) DH (38) DD (6) DS1 (3) DS2 3-31-14

I had my pp appointment yesterday and everything looks good. I am cleared for work next week. Liz is being treated for acid reflux and has a recheck today. The meds seem to really be helping. She's currently 8.3lbs and 21.5 inches. DH's family was in town at the end of May and we had Liz baptized. It was a nice visit.
    Last edited by melis; 06-06-2014 at 07:09 AM.

Elizabeth - 4/30/14

Glad you are fine and sorry you are dealing with reflux . Hope she eventually outgrows it

Quote Originally Posted by daynasrose View Post
    Thanks! The loan is approved we are just working on closing asap. Right now there is over a week difference between the closing on the house we are selling and the one we are buying.

While DH and my older two are gone, baby Elek will stay with my mom while I am at work. She loves one-on-one time with him and will not be getting much of that once we move because we will no longer live within walking distance of her. In fact we will live about 45 min away.
    Hope your week has been uneventful and easy!