Thread: Kayla is 1 month... so not really ttc yet but...

Question Kayla is 1 month... so not really ttc yet but...

We want to wait at least 5 more months. But I do not want BC since it was so hard to get pg the first time. Anyhow... Kayla is only 5 weeks and we are breast feeding however I had O pains the last 2 days! No mistaking that pain after not feeling it for so long. We have not dtd because of having to wait the 6 weeks after birth anyway... thank goodness. I mean after having to wait so long but wanting to wait to get pg again... I have no doubt that because I want to wait we would be pg just like that. lol Anyhow... I know condoms would be the best... but to be honest that will not happen. I kinda just want to time and chart and see what is happening. I guess we would be npp... but not ttc until Novemberish. We will see how I feel. DH wants to knock me up right away. lol Now he has baby fever. And really wants a son. PG was so hard on me. so as soon as I feel up to it is when we will be officially trying. Until then, kinda hi I guess... Oh and could I really be Oing this soon?
    Last edited by mariahpoo2; 06-02-2014 at 10:56 AM.
    Mariah (35) and DH (40) BFP 8/12/13! Baby Kayla is here! Praying for all the APA girls .

Good to see you back in this forum!!! You definitely could be Oing now. Even if BFing exclusively.

Anything is possible when it comes to your cycle. There are lots of women whose cycle didn't return to normal until ending BFing and those whose started back up early. With DS1 my period came back 7 months postpartum and with DS2 8 months. Both were EBF until solids were introduced around 7/8 months. You could also ovulate but not have a period, too.

I believe, though, it would be unusual to have your cycle return while EBF.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Blog Entries

After each child, my cycle has come back sooner. First 8.5 weeks, then 6.5 weeks and this last time 5.5 weeks. So, I could very well have been ovulating as early as 3.5 weeks PP. With every child except my last one, I immediately went back to normal cycles, too. We used condoms right away, clearly, until we were ready to TTC again.
    Jessica (32) and Ryan (32). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart

Quote Originally Posted by mariahpoo2 View Post
    We want to wait at least 5 more months. But I do not want BC since it was so hard to get pg the first time. Anyhow... Kayla is only 5 weeks and we are breast feeding however I had O pains the last 2 days! No mistaking that pain after not feeling it for so long. We have not dtd because of having to wait the 6 weeks after birth anyway... thank goodness. I mean after having to wait so long but wanting to wait to get pg again... I have no doubt that because I want to wait we would be pg just like that. lol Anyhow... I know condoms would be the best... but to be honest that will not happen. I kinda just want to time and chart and see what is happening. I guess we would be npp... but not ttc until Novemberish. We will see how I feel. DH wants to knock me up right away. lol Now he has baby fever. And really wants a son. PG was so hard on me. so as soon as I feel up to it is when we will be officially trying. Until then, kinda hi I guess... Oh and could I really be Oing this soon?
    You are exactly where I am at only I am not sure I want any more but dh has the fever lol. I am not trying but I am tracking just to get an idea of what my body is doing so I can try to prevent until I make the decision to or not to have 1 more. I am waiting 1 yr before I make that choice. I don't want birth control in the mean time because of the issues it has caused me in the past. If I chose to not have any more dh will get the v (already consulted with his doc) now just waiting til we make the final decision.But dh is applying the pressure lol. It is in gods hands now for me because as of now I am trying to prevent until I chose on what I want for sure. And yes it is possible to o this soon.

Well then... lol woops. We did dtd yesterday. DH says he got me pg. lol I would be happy and sad. I would feel so blessed to have another on the way... but at the same time I just need a little more time. SO I guess we will test in 2 1/2 weeks just in case. Hello 2 ww. lol I didn't think I would be in the 2ww this soon.
    Mariah (35) and DH (40) BFP 8/12/13! Baby Kayla is here! Praying for all the APA girls .

It is so exciting that you are possibly trying again. Hugs