Thread: Pregnancy after IUD

Default Pregnancy after IUD

Please share you stories with me! How soon did you start trying? I have heard that you need to wait for cycles to be regular again after IUD to make pregnancy more viable?

I am on the IUD now... but my sister had it, and got pregnant first cycle with twins. Which she says is common? I don't know, but I have heard a few stories of people having twins after removing the IUD... scares me hehe.
    .~Becky~.

I had the Mirena from June 2009- June 2010 I got it removed due to me being a mean b all the time and weight gain of 25 pounds. When I got it removed my husband and I prevented pregnancy with birth control pills and I wanted to lose weight before getting pregnant. I lost about 15 pounds of the 25 before pregnancy. I got off the pill in December of 2010 and became pregnant with Sophia after two cycles of trying. History wise there hasn't been any infertity on either side of the family if that makes a difference, my great grandma had 13 kids, another great grandma had 5, paternal grandma had 5, maternal grandma had 4, my mom had two and got pregnant first cycle with me two cycles with my brother, same my aunts on both sides, we are all fertile Mertles'. Not trying to be rude to anyone on this site I am trying to lighten up the story.
    *** Lindsay ***

My mom took her iud out to conceive me. It was 36 years ago and she waited for first cycle to ensure the ovulation - as far as I know.

Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity

My IUD fell out-incompetent cervix-in May 2007 and I had a positive test in June with no cycle between. But it may not have been in the proper place for a few months before falling out so it's possible it wasn't doing it's job for an undetermined amount of time. I had it in for 3 months before it fell out.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

I had mirena for 4 years and hated every minute of it. Once removed, we started trying about 6 weeks later. My cycles hadn't regulated, but I have always been irregular so I figured it was a long shot if they ever became normal. They did and I think it was the best thing that came from that thing. I have just found out I'm pregnant after 8 months of trying.