Thread: I had a surprise baby shower/sprinkle!

Default I had a surprise baby shower/sprinkle!

My good friend asked me yesterday to meet her for dinner as she had some personal things to discuss. So I arranged for dh to spend the evening with my girls and since yesterday I've been thinking of what to tell her and how to support. Well, we walk into the restaurant tonight and I see a bunch of moms I know having dinner and I hear words - your baby shower! !! I was so shocked and touched as I never expected nor have I told anyone if I wanted one.
    My husband was in on it too.
    Since we don't really need anything major, they got us a collective gift - a family photo shoot at a nice studio with 1 year validity so we can go and do it any time after the baby is born. Plus of course they treated me nice dinner, flowers and a beautiful cake - one of the ladies runs a home cake delivery and we usually order all cakes from her.
    I had a dinner without children first time in 6 years. It was strange!
    I seriously burst into tears when I realised where I walked into. It was sonly overwhelming and I really enjoyed it!

That is SO nice! I'm so glad you and your baby boy were celebrated. What a fantastic group of friends you have! My work threw a surprise shower for me with my first and I had the same reaction. Shock and tears.

Thank you! I never had a baby shower before so it was a new experience. And a very nice one, of course!
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

Wow! That is so cool! I wish someone had done that for me.
    Dayna (37) DH (38) DD (6) DS1 (3) DS2 3-31-14

Aww that is wonderful, I'm so glad you got to have that experience, such good friends you have!!!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Thank you. I was sad though - the friend who organized it and who's been always there to help (she has 4 children of her own) is moving to the capital of China. Of course it is not the end of the world but it is the kind of friend who is ALWAYS there for you and NEVER expects you to do anything back (although I always offer and try to do something nice for her as well because it just makes me feel happy).
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

How wonderful!!!
    Sara: 31, DH: 33. After 19 months of STC, we caught an eggie! #1 is on its way!

Make a pregnancy ticker