Thread: Scary day

Default Scary day

Today when I was shopping, I suddenly became dizzy, lightheaded and my heart was racing. I just sat down against a case of deli meat and tried to relax but it wasn't working. A really nice manager at the store found me and bright me a chair and offered me a candy bar (I had eaten right before gong in, so i knew it wasn't low blood sugar). I sat there for awhile and eventually felt normal again.

I did the rest of my shopping super slowly, it took like 2 hours lol. I started feeling kinda of again driving home. I put the perishables away and left the rest on the counter and laid down for an hour. I felt better again so I made lunch and put the rest of the food away. But after being up only 20 mins, I noticed some mild hand and feet swelling so I got back in bed.

When my dh got home we went for a bp check and it was 140/80! My bp last week was 90/60, so big difference. I was feeling off a little just riding in the car there and back.

I talked to the midwife on call and she said to rest, hydrate and eat regularly. To recheck bp in the morning and to watch out for severe headache, right side pain and something else I don't remember now.

Laying down is the only time I feel ok right now.

My dh is being super sweet and he said he was beginning to wonder when he'd have to take card of me, things had been so easy so far. He's not letting me get out of bed except to pee.

Here's to hoping my bp is better in the morning!

I'm sorry you had a scary day! I'm hoping some rest will help!

Me - Jess DH - Matt
    September 2013

I'm glad you checked your BP and called your midwife!!

that your BP is great tomorrow and you have a completely episode-free day!!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Oh sheesh !! Praying for better numbers in the morning thinking of you!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Yikes! That is scary! Lots of rest mama and I hope tomorrow is a better day.

How are you feeling today?

Bp this morning was 126/77, which is the right direction but still higher than normal. We'll recheck tonight and hope it keeps going down.

I'm going to limit my activity to 30 mins at a time because i start feeling off being on my feet too long.

That's a much better reading ! Praying it keeps moving in the right direction !!

Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

OH what a scare!!!! Glad BP is normal so far. Take care. And your DH is very good - you SHOULD just rest and only get up to pee in this situation. Hugs
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

Evening bp was 119/81, the higher diastolic is a head scratcher. Probably going to see if I can have my 36wk appt before Thursday.

Oh my goodness! I'd probably get in sooner then later too... Just to be sure and do a urine check. Hoping its nothing for you.
    Katie~
    DD1 (7) DD2 (4) DS1 (22 months) Baby #4 EDD 7/13/14

Eek, that is scary. I'm glad it seems to be improving, but hope you get in very soon, too. Hope all is ok, keep us updated!

Keep an eye on that BP mine went up and down so they didn't catch it until I went in for labor. Kayla lost weight in the womb because of my uncaught pre-e. But I think my case was very rare. sending positive vibes your way.
    Mariah (35) and DH (40) BFP 8/12/13! Baby Kayla is here! Praying for all the APA girls .

How are you now? Did your values get back to normal? I would be scared too if bp changed that much
    Sabrina [33], DH [33] and our precious shaka-girl