Thread: possible pregnancy?

Default possible pregnancy?

so my friend H just asked me if its possible to get pg while on the pill. i told her that its possible so she asked what the chances are that she could be pregnant.
    1. she gets pg easily... like all shes gotta do is think get pregnant and ask for sex and shes pregnant
    2. she missed 2 pills in a row and it caused some between period spotting
    3. she had sex the day before the first missed pill
    4. she didn't have sex for 5 days after the missed pills.
    5. af is not due till sunday but shes got tender breasts, cramping, round ligament pain, nausea after eating (which is how she was when pg with her son)
    6. she is on loestrin fe. (1/20) or something similar

so what do you ladies think? is it possible that her symptoms are from worrying about a possible pregnancy and af on the way or could she be pg and need to start planning for a 3rd child?

thanks in advance

I do know with every consecutive day of missing the pill the pregnancy chance increases but, I am not for sure how much- it might say on her information pack that's included with the pills. Also it depends on her ovulation cycle I've had friends become pregnant after skipping pills. I know its not rare. Is it
    Sunday meaning the first start of her placebos? Or is she already on the placebos? Sunday is 3 days away its possible for her to get a positive before
    her AF up to 5 days. She may need to wait until her AF is due. For now she she have lifestyle adjustments if she isn't sure she's pregnant
    like no smoking, no drinking, limit caffeine, drink plenty of water etc.
    *** Lindsay ***

yes, she will start the placebo pills on sunday, 3 days away. and shes never had a positive pg test until 5 days after her period was due.

Quote Originally Posted by froggie83 View Post
    yes, she will start the placebo pills on sunday, 3 days away. and shes never had a positive pg test until 5 days after her period was due.
    Well if that's the case she can probably try to test next week or have a beta from the doctor because blood tests are far more sensitive.
    *** Lindsay ***

or pray for af.... which is what i told her to do if she does not want baby #3 this soon. lol

Any time you have sex, pregnancy is possible regardless of birth control. For some women it just takes one missed pill for them to ovulate. If her period is late, then she should test. Good luck!
    Jennifer

update:she said that her af was 3 days late but was a normal flow so shes not going to test this time. so not pg

Quote Originally Posted by froggie83 View Post
    update:she said that her af was 3 days late but was a normal flow so shes not going to test this time. so not pg
    Just now saw this - it sounds like a good outcome and maybe your friend will take extra precautions.
    *** Lindsay ***