Thread: What a day!!!

Thumbs down What a day!!!

I had quite an "eventful" day!
    1. I ended up seeing another ob since I keep getting my right hand swollen. Thankfully it is water retention. But I was also told to cut whatever sugar I ever take down to half or even 1/3.
    2. In the afternoon I was cooking. While chopping vegetables which I did sitting down, I dropped a piece of potato, leaned over to pick it up and. .. fell with the chair on my hip! I didn't hurt the belly but started feeling nausea and discomfort so when dh came home an hour later, we went to l&d. Thankfully all is fine . I got an ultrasound and baby monitoring. I heard my baby's hb today A LOT! He didn't agree with the ultrasound and did such a twirl that it took me about 5 min to her off the bed - it was that painful!
    Also, the l&d doctor said I am welcome to come for weekly checks there and she will be happy to see me. She spoke good English and there was a nice English speaking nurse too.
    My girls were so exhausted from this trip. We came home way past dinner time and I treated them ice cream.
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

That does sound like a rough day I hope you can get some rest tonight.

Will you go back there for your checks? They sounded nice.
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Oh sheesh ...what a day for sure!!!!

so glad everything is okay and how fantastic they're willing to check on baby weekly!

Thinking of you and praying today (and the rest of your pg too) will be totally uneventful !!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Nice silver lining with being able to go there for your checks!! Your previous setup for medical care sounded horrid. I'm glad all is well with you and the baby!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

So glad that everything turned out okay!
    Dayna (37) DH (38) DD (6) DS1 (3) DS2 3-31-14

Oh my .... what a day. Hope you're feeling better now. Keep us updated
    Sabrina [33], DH [33] and our precious shaka-girl

Thanks, ladies! I won't go till 37 weeks as it is time consuming. However I will go back to l&d as I can do those routine checks in the evenings and without standing in long lines. It is not a common practice and I believe they are doing a favor. But it is fine for me as I get to have more peaceful few weeks plus doctor's daughter is just 2 weeks younger than my dd2 and we can make new friends to play with outside the hospital walls.
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

That doctor sounds great! I'm so glade that your fall didn't harm you or baby It's also good news that your hand swelling up is just water retention. I had to cute out sugar at the end of my pregnancy also because of high blood pressure. It's not fun but on the plus side I dropped 2 pounds in my last few weeks of pregnancy
    DH and I have kept up with the no sugar thing and I have already lost 25lbs (although I did gain 51lbs)

Chelsea Deven (5 years)
    DS- Dean(4 years), Dean's twin 8 weeks DS-Logan(3 years), DD-Hannah(1 year), DD- Abigail(1 month), We're a big family and loving every minute of it

Thank you! I am trying to do no sugar. But it's hard as I crave it. For 51 pounds you looked GREAT in your last belly shot!!!!!