Thread: 1st appt & ultrasound

Smile 1st appt & ultrasound

My new ob/gyn clinic does things differently than I'm used to; the first appt is at 7.5 weeks with the nurse to discuss history & such, then an ultrasound (woohoo! ) and bloodwork. Next week Wed, I meet with my ob & have a full physical, plus discuss all of the results from today...what sucks, though, is that the tech who did my u/s didn't really want to discuss anything and didn't even want to tell me the heartbeat! It was very wham-bam, but ah well; a friend has gone through this clinic with her two children & raves about it, and I've been pleased otherwise, so maybe she was just busy today... So, without further ado, here's my little bean that is growing away at a rate of 155 beats/minute The best part, per my husband, was our daughter's reaction to hearing the sound of the heartbeat; she was shocked-stunned-amazed...she is beyond excited!

Ultrasound 5-28.jpg

Me, 37; DH, 43; DD, 5; m/c, twins -- 12/11
    Wishing all lots of and !

So glad it went well and she told you the heart rate. That sound is so amazing glad your daughter got to hear it. Congratulations again!

Thank you

Congrats!! That's a great number for 7.5 weeks
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Awwwww, huge congrats on a perfectly growing little bean...looks absolutely perfect !!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry the tech was brief...that can be so frustrating , but your dd's reaction sounds just precious !
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Congrats!!!
    Jess, Jake, Ella & Gemma

awwwwww....love it!!! Is this the same OB that you had when you were pregnant with the twins?

Brenda

Quote Originally Posted by pants View Post
    awwwwww....love it!!! Is this the same OB that you had when you were pregnant with the twins?
    No, that was in Chicago...this ob/gyn is at Centre with REX Healthcare. I really like him and a friend had both of her children delivered with them/there. The only awkward part is that he's quite handsome. Very, very nice & gentlemanly, though!!! Very grateful!

AHHH! Cute little bean Congrats!!

Quote Originally Posted by XinainNC View Post
    No, that was in Chicago...this ob/gyn is at Centre with REX Healthcare. I really like him and a friend had both of her children delivered with them/there. The only awkward part is that he's quite handsome. Very, very nice & gentlemanly, though!!! Very grateful!
    I delivered Isaiah at Rex...like any hospital you have good and bad nurses. But overall its a good hospital.I just didn't care for my ob office and one or two labor nurses were awful. But I must have gotten a bad few because a lot of my friends had wonderful nurses. Its a nice hospital...and they have redone the maternity post pardum since Isaiah and I hear its nice....um excited for you momma.