Thread: Is my stash big enough?

Default Is my stash big enough?

I have been on an ebay bidding rampage the past few days (luckily I've been outbid so my buyer's remorse has been smoothed over) because I have no idea if I have enough diapers.

Here's what I've got (keep in mind my main system is cover/pf):

NB
    2 grovia aios
    6 nb specific pfs (econobum, really not sure how well they'll work, seem pretty darn thin to me)
    2 econobum covers

SM
    3 fleece soakers
    3 prorap covers
    1 thirsties cover

OS
    1 kissaluv fitted
    1 wool soaker with adjustable waistband
    20 babyland pockets (to be used as covers, not a lot of snaps for adjusting here, but I've read ways to make them smaller if needed)

PFs

I put diapers on my registry but IDK if I'll get any since I don't think they actually have them IN the store. I'm pretty sure I'll at least want more pfs and a few more covers/soakers.
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Well I guess we can add 6 mother ease small fitteds to the list, I just won an auction.

Kinda of hope the rest fall through, really don't know what I was thinking.

I think you've got plenty. I've got 26 pockets (mostly BG4.0s and a few FB) that I've used since he was two months old (I didnt start cloth til 2 months due to a deal I made with DH, lol), a few hemp doublers for night time and thats it. DS is 19 months old now. It really depends though how often you plan on washing. For washing every other day its recommended to have about 24 changes. Also, its good to have a few different kinds to try out because you never know what will actually work best on your baby until you try it. Good luck!
    Jennifer

Blog Entries

You probably need more NB size prefolds. The regular prefolds will likely be ginormous at first and you won't get a good fit. I'd also suggest having at least four covers that will fit right away if you will primarily use prefolds or fitteds. It took one to four months for my average size baby to outgrow the NB size diapers. The AIO's went first (one month), followed by the prefolds (three months) and then the fitteds (four months), if I am recalling correctly.

You likely won't need the OS diapers until at least two months of age, more likely four months of age unless you have a very big baby.

You really can't have enough NB prefolds because you can always use them to increase absorbency in larger diapers.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart , My blog about MCAD

Blog Entries

I agree with Jessica about the prefolds. Although I didn't start cloth until 2-3 months with my kids, even when I had them in covers and small pre f olds early on it took a while to grow into them. I love prefolds...they are so versatile!!

~ Cassie, mama to Madison (8), Ali (4) & Wesley (new dude!)

Great, thanks ladies!!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

I used regular size (not newborn) prefolds on my son from birth. He was 6 lbs 9 oz when he was born and I didn't gave fit issues. If fact, I had leakage problems with the newborn size.