Thread: Whole milk (interesting article)

Default Whole milk (interesting article)

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2014/...ntcmp=features

Just wanted to share an article I came across today.

Blog Entries

We only use whole milk for a lot of the reasons mentioned. You generally also need fat present to absorb vitamins and other nutrients. I am not a big milk fan, though, so we do not drink it daily but we do cook with it regulary.

In general we go for the full fat/sugar versions of everything.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My blog about MCAD

I also use only whole milk and nothing else. On a separate but related note, I had way more trouble staying full and lose weight on low fat diet vs. when I started high fat, no processed food diet. The latter allowed me to feel full, have more energy and consume overall less calories and drop 20+ lbs.
    KEVIN (6) & MATTHEW (4)

Interesting! DD1 and I love whole milk, except dh who prefers 1%. Noe isn't drinking milk right now, because it was upsetting her digestion, so she drinks almond milk. But I fully believe in whole foods.
    -- mom to DD1 1/98 and DD2 10/09

That is so interesting! Thank you for sharing!! I'm going to look into it more for sure. We're middle-of-the-road 2% milk drinkers here . We all prefer whole milk though, lol, because fat just makes everything taste better !

We used to get milk from my bil who raises grass-fed cows, but haven't located another source of fresh, grass-fed, whole, organic milk since we moved a couple years ago . It's amazing how much better it is than anything from the store...everything else tastes slightly spoiled after drinking it fresh (although I do prefer it lightly pasteurized, I have a hard time fully trusting other peoples' levels of cleanliness ).
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Our new pedi tried to tell me that we don't need to give DS whole milk. I still do. Recently, I have read articles and diet info that also states we are better off drinking whole milk, even when trying to lose weight since it is the "good" fats. I'll stick with what we are doing

Anne (37) DH (37) Olivia (4) Harrison (1)

That's so interesting! Both my kids only drink whole milk!

Thanks for sharing. We drink whole milk when we drink milk.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

We are whole milk drinkers here too. DS loves it! I don't generally drink it by the glass, but use it in cereal and cooking. I tend to stay away from "reduced fat" foods because they tend to have all kinds of chemicals to make up for it, ick!
    Jennifer

That is interesting. We do not drink cow's milk, but when I have it around, I do get skim. I cannot stomach whole milk. I feel like it has a completely different texture that I just don't like, even though I do use full-fat versions of other dairy products.

That is interesting - ty for sharing. And Lisa that it me too!

We use whole fat for everything except milk, i have no idea why (brain washing obviously, i use real butter, heavy whipping cream, whole fat yogurt)! We dont use much milk, i buy a half gallon a week for occasional bowl of cereal or cooking, and i get skim or 1%.

Quote Originally Posted by runningmomofmany View Post
    We use whole fat for everything except milk, i have no idea why (brain washing obviously, i use real butter, heavy whipping cream, whole fat yogurt)! We dont use much milk, i buy a half gallon a week for occasional bowl of cereal or cooking, and i get skim or 1%.

I don't drink milk but, James and the kids do I never believed that whole milk was a big problem to begin with its all the processed $--- getting everyone in trouble including myself. James will buy what has the best date sometimes 2% has a better date than whole.
    *** Lindsay ***