Thread: er

Default er

Just had surgery to remove my appendix. Lots of pain and contractions please pray for baby

Hope a quick recovery and that the baby is just fine!
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

Prayers for a quick recovery and that baby stays healthy!

Me - Jess DH - Matt
    September 2013

Oh my word Ali ...you have really really really had a rough go this pg !

I had my appendix removed at 8 months pg so definitely less scary, but I remember the intense pain and contrx...my heart sure goes out to you .

Praying the pain and cramping subside very soon and the rest of the pg is absolutely uneventful for you...you've had more than your fair share of hurdles !!!

What meds do they have you on? Your anxiety regarding the pain can actual increase contrx so don't be afraid to ask for something more!! Morphine, Vicoden, and Norco are all acceptable forms of pain relief in the 2nd and 3rd tri. If nothing else, maybe request a sedative so you can relax and get some rest!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Quote Originally Posted by kellyowens View Post
    Oh my word Ali ...you have really really really had a rough go this pg !

I had my appendix removed at 8 months pg so definitely less scary, but I remember the intense pain and contrx...my heart sure goes out to you .

Praying the pain and cramping subside very soon and the rest of the pg is absolutely uneventful for you...you've had more than your fair share of hurdles !!!

What meds do they have you on? Your anxiety regarding the pain can actual increase contrx so don't be afraid to ask for something more!! Morphine, Vicoden, and Norco are all acceptable forms of pain relief in the 2nd and 3rd tri. If nothing else, maybe request a sedative so you can relax and get some rest!
    Thank you girls. Yea kelly been sort of a rough go this time..you might think this is crazy. But they are only letting me have tylenol. They tried to discharge me earlier but I can still barely walk so they agreed to keep me until morning.. :/ wishing I had a higher tolerance for pain or something. They say I should be up and around and back to normal. But im in so much pain and they made incisions right on top of my stomach so when I stand it pulls and hurts :/ my belly button already pulled open and they said to leave it. Im gonna have interesting scars ;)

Awwww I hope you get to feeling yourself soon!!! Hopefully the pregnancy goes by fine, at least you got that yucky appendix out now.
    Dada (27) Mama-Jessie (26) Orion (4) Kadence (2) Osiris (Uterus)

I couldn't stand up straight for 24hrs after the surgery either ...they kept telling me I had to so the incision would heal properly, but I don't think they realize how painful it is when you've got a uterus and baby pushing on things . I have a very high pain tolerance and they eventually realized I literally could *not* stand up straight so they put me on a morphine drip/button. Sometimes I wonder if they think their patients are making it up or something...I seriously don't understand why they downplay it !

LOL, sorry, I'm still feeling a little disgruntled about my hospital stay last week when the nurse tried to brush off my chest/back pain...he said it was probably from laying in an uncomfortable hospital bed . It was actually due to small areas where my lungs had collapsed...glad the pulmonologist listened to me! I still only got tylenol, lol, but it did take the edge off and they did a couple more breathing treatments which really helped.

I'm just so sorry you're going through this Ali...ugh, really praying you're able to get something more for the pain so recovery will be smoother for you! Honestly though, if the tylenol isn't touching the pain at all have your dh request something more for you if you're feeling too timid to ask (which is understandable when you're in pain and feeling so vulnerable )!

Thinking of you...please kup !

Eta...that is so interesting that your incisions are so high ! Mine is just above my right hip...maybe because my uterus was humongous at that point ??
    Last edited by kellyowens; 05-22-2014 at 12:37 PM.

Aww so sorry Ali.... I hope you start to feel better. I hope baby continues to do well.
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

Wow yes it has been rough for you!!! I am so sorry you have to go through this. Praying you heal quick and the pain goes away and baby stays healthy and safe. HUGS

Brenda

Im so sorry you had to go through that But I am so glad it is out now! I hope both you and baby recover from it perfectly.
    Last edited by Lizamay; 05-22-2014 at 06:15 PM.
    STC Since 5/2012
    1/20/13 7/7/13

Yikes! Tylenol doesn't seem to even be legal with the pain you're in. Sorry you're suffering :-( Hoping for a speedy recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by RedDonahue View Post
    Yikes! Tylenol doesn't seem to even be legal with the pain you're in. Sorry you're suffering :-( Hoping for a speedy recovery.
    Thanks, i dont mean to sound so suffer-y. I am home now, with my tylenol and crossing my fingers I think itll be ok, as long as no one and nothing touches my stomach and i try not to do too much.

Kelly my dh wasnt there he was home with the kids, we werent able to find a sitter, but all is well i am home now i think they managed to get around my uterus with just man power baby looks ok on scans no signs of my placenta seperating so im very glad.. I am exhausted but i really think ive turned a corner

Ali (28) dh (28)love since 2006 8 angels who left us too soon

Oh good news Ali ...really praying you keep improving from now on and no more complications !!!!

Eta...when is your follow up appt?

They didnt give me one, said i didnt need one, stiches should dissolve on their own and its not like it was major surgery or anything..ha!....but i plan on going to my doc in a week or so..to check that all is well

Ali (28) dh (28)love since 2006 8 angels who left us too soon