Thread: Breastfeeding/Dr. Oz 3 day cleanse

Default Breastfeeding/Dr. Oz 3 day cleanse

DS nurses may be once a day, he is almost completely weaned. I only have milk left in one breast and I think I hear may be five swallows before he is done. In other words, we are barely nursing. He is 23 months. Do you think I am OK to try the three day cleanse? (Three fruit/veggie smoothies a day, coconut oil, almond butter and milk and spices). To be honest, it's not that much different from my regular diet but it is slightly more fruits and veggies that I currently consume and slightly less fats/proteins. Thoughts??

I would think it's fine. It may end up decreasing your supply and drying you up which doesn't sound like it would be a problem anyway. It seems like he is comfort nursing and not nursing for any type of food/nourishment (although any breast milk he gets he will still benefit from). Are you ok with totally weaning? Because that may happen if you dry up.

Do you have a link for it? I am interested
    Thing 1 (8), Thing 2 (5), Thing 3 (2)

agree with pp. i think its fine!

I think it would be fine too.

Am, I found it on Pinterest but if you google dr oz 3 day cleanse you will find a ton of reviews... Interesting! Thanks all, I was more worried about my BM being all toxic from all the toxins leaving my body (I am having visual images and know I have take it too far, lol)

Well, i'm skeptical that you will actually cleanse any impurities from your body so i dont think it's a problem. many toxins are stored in fat, so some are released just from buring fat and losing weight.

Detoxification is handled by your liver and kidneys on an ongoing basis. Don't worry about it.

I would not do it. My friend is doing a cleanse, and it specifically says not to do so while nursing. It's not the Dr. Oz one. She is also concerned about toxins. I know nothing about cleanses and removing toxins, though.

I also wouldn't do it. The toxins will get through your milk and to your child. Despite the age and number of nursing sessions they may have a negative affect on your child. Even juicing is not recommended during breastfeeding (and I don't mean having daily fresh juice, I mean hard-core juicing).
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by martiniqus View Post
    Am, I found it on Pinterest but if you google dr oz 3 day cleanse you will find a ton of reviews... Interesting! Thanks all, I was more worried about my BM being all toxic from all the toxins leaving my body (I am having visual images and know I have take it too far, lol)
    I found it. Did you do it? How was it?
    Thing 1 (8), Thing 2 (5), Thing 3 (2)