Thread: When would you ask...

Default When would you ask...

I mentioned a lady and I got along really well and her daughter seemed to click with the kids for a babysitting job. She told me it could be as soon as Tuesday May, 27th. Its now 1 week away and a few days ago I just sent her a text because she told me that's the best way to contact her just touching base to see if she knew about her schedule. She might have a new job but, since its a week away I would like to know for sure if she would need me on Tuesday or soon after. How long should I wait before texting her again? I plan on calling withing a couple of hours if I don't hear a text back but, I don't want to come off as being pushing sure, the extra bit of money is great but, its not the end of the world if she's decided for whatever reason she doesn't want me as a sitter/ doesn't need me as a sitter. I just want to know ASAP out of politeness on her part so I can get a few things together which wouldn't take long but, it would be nice to know! Should I wait two more days before trying to contacting her? Should I try today? I was just planning on saying "Hey this is Lindsay we met on this date/ time, I was curious to know if you
    are still needing care for next week or soon after please let me know ASAP when you have chance, thanks, Lindsay".

I would send the text since it has been a few days since you reached out. You need to know what is going on!

Anne (37) DH (37) Olivia (4) Harrison (1)

I would text again today, then call tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by runningmomofmany View Post
    I would text again today, then call tomorrow.
    I am going to do that thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by preciousnd98 View Post
    I would send the text since it has been a few days since you reached out. You need to know what is going on!
    Thanks this is a good idea.

Welp.. the deal is off she got a new job and will not be needing care for the summer. I wish I would have known sooner than 1 week prior but, oh well.

Bummer.... Extra money helps.
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(27)DH(39) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

Sorry it didn't work out.

Anne (37) DH (37) Olivia (4) Harrison (1)

It's OK it means after speaking with an enrollment counselor I can start school sooner than August it was only a summer gig anyhow.

Sorry it didn't work out, but best of luck with school!
    Jennifer

Quote Originally Posted by Adhafera View Post
    Sorry it didn't work out, but best of luck with school!
    Thanks One door closes other one opens.