Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: melturtle/Melissa labor updates

Default melturtle/Melissa labor updates

I started having mild contractions last night at about 10pm and they seemed to come in a pattern so I timed them from about 10:45 to 1am. They got stronger and were all between 2 and 4 minutes apart and lasted 1 to 1 1/2 minutes each. Walking made them a little less painful and laying on my side was the worse. I decided I would try to sleep and if it was the real deal they would wake me up. I managed to sleep about 3 hours and was only being woken occasionally by them. The last two hours I haven't been able to sleep and I'm trying to decide what to do next. I'm still having them but they seem more sporadic so I'm not timing anything, just trying to rest. I hope this is it

Eeek, sooo excited for you Melissa and really praying this is it !!!!!!

ELV!!!!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

I hope this is it, Melissa!!! ELV!
    Sara: 31, DH: 33. After 19 months of STC, we caught an eggie! #1 is on its way!

Make a pregnancy ticker

Sounds promising!! ELV!!

Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Thank you! I was able to get another hour or so of sleep this morning but then I had to get up because the pain was really uncomfortable. Now that I'm up I barely feel anything! So I'm eating, have showered, and my DH (he stayed home!) and I will be walking to hopefully get my body contracting regularly again. Ugh!

Let's hope this is the start of labor!

OOh! Just seeing this!
    Dayna (37) DH (38) DD (6) DS1 (3) DS2 3-31-14

C'mon body!! Hope the walking did the trick!

Make a pregnancy ticker

I'm just seeing this and I hope you are holding your sweet baby and that the walking worked!

It did not work! My contractions were barely there today, ugh. I hope this doesn't go on all week, I either want labor or sleep lol. I have some cramping starting up again right now so maybe I'll have another exciting night...

It sounds like the minute your contractions die down, you need to lay down for a nap ... regardless of time.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Fingers crossed your body is giving you just a small preview for an upcoming (shortly) storm! !!
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

How was the night?

Make a pregnancy ticker

Just minor cramping last night and I was able to sleep pretty well. I can't believe I had contractions all night the night before (and some of them were painful!) and now nothing. I hope something starts up again soon, it would be nice to labor in the day after a full night of sleep!

Admit it - you are really hoping for a June baby lol

Praying things pick up today !!!!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Elizabeth - 4/30/14

I had contractions again last night 2 to 4 minutes apart lasting about 1 minute or so for about 2 hours and that was it. Can you say Prodromal Labor?!?!

I just came back from my very last prenatal appointment and I'm not dilated at all! I can't believe it, after all of these contractions and cramping. I have until Wednesday night to get this going naturally, please keep your fingers crossed for me

Wow! Not at all?! I'm so sorry. I know that must be frustrating. Fingers and toes and everything crossed for things to pick up without intervention. They'll induce next Wednesday if nothing before then?

Make a pregnancy ticker

Sorry you have no progress. This is how I was - 15 hours of contractions which got 2-3 min apart and only 5mm progress. Here they did nothing for me as I previously had a c-section and I was going into a distress so I ended up in emergency c-section. But if you have prodromal labour it may take you some days plus if you get induced chances are higher for natural delivery of course. I'd get on a yoga ball, walk up and down steps and also let myself relax and enjoy sleeping while no contractions. Hugs

Quote Originally Posted by saramice View Post
    Wow! Not at all?! I'm so sorry. I know that must be frustrating. Fingers and toes and everything crossed for things to pick up without intervention. They'll induce next Wednesday if nothing before then?
    Yep, my induction is scheduled for Wednesday the 28th at 8pm. I'll be 10 days past my due date by then so I'm fine with that. But I really, really hope it happens naturally before then!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cheeksy View Post
    Sorry you have no progress. This is how I was - 15 hours of contractions which got 2-3 min apart and only 5mm progress. Here they did nothing for me as I previously had a c-section and I was going into a distress so I ended up in emergency c-section. But if you have prodromal labour it may take you some days plus if you get induced chances are higher for natural delivery of course. I'd get on a yoga ball, walk up and down steps and also let myself relax and enjoy sleeping while no contractions. Hugs
    It's so frustrating, I'm sorry you ended up with an emergency c section. Today was the first time I got emotional about my lack of progress because I was so sure something was happening!

I had a stress test this afternoon and my fluids are good and the baby is definitely not stressed in there lol. It was cool to see my contractions on paper too, I would tell DH one was starting and he would walk over to the monitor and watch it print out. I'm so ready to get this show on the road... after another good night of sleep o of course

Aww ...my heart goes out to you for sure!! I now this part of pg is tough and the waiting doesn't get any easier when you're so ready to meet baby !

Praying things pick up for you soon !!!

With my first I was only a "finger-tip" dilated and 50% effaced at my appt. Less than 12hrs later at 2am I woke up to regular contrx. We got to the hospital at 6am and I was 5cm and 90% effaced . I know it's discouraging to hear, but things can move quickly.

I'm sorry to hear that. I was in the same boat in my 40th week. I had made zero progress after all these aches and pains and was feeling pretty bummed about it. But at my 41 week appointment they checked me and I had made some progress. I just took walks and tried to stay on my feet at work as much as I could.

Elizabeth - 4/30/14

Thank you for the support and encouragement ladies, it means a lot to me right now!

I started having what feels like bad menstrual cramps last night before bed, but weren't coming that often so I was able to fall asleep. At 4 am I woke up with bad cramping again that I could hardly breath through. I started timing it and they have been less than 5 minutes apart lasting about 45 secs to 2 minutes each, but the last hour they have been consistently 1 to 2 minutes apart. They are painful and feel totally different than what I was having earlier this week. I've showered, finished packing, and ate something small and they have not slowed down but I'm definitely not rushing to the hospital for a false alarm! I'm back to bouncing on my ball and breathing till I can figure out what's going on. No mucous plug or bloody show which is discouraging!

Hmm, I bet that is frustrating! Keep up with your fluid intake, if you don't feel like eating, put some calories in those fluids!

Sending lots of good thoughts to you!!

Hugs. Hope you get more progress!

I'm 4 cm and 90% effaced and just got my epi because I was too exhausted to deal with anymore contractions after 19 hours! Geez, those contractions are no joke. I went from 0% to 90% effacement at home in 6 hours and the contractions were so intense. I'm about take a nap and am so excited to meet this little guy by morning!