Thread: Late period & Negative tests

Default Late period & Negative tests

Hello ladies,

I'm in need of some guidance I guess you could say . I have a pretty regular cycle (33 days), and was due to start around April 26th, which was also the day my boyfriend and I were moving to our new place. I am now 23 days late and have had 3 negative home pregnancy tests (test 1 at a week late, test 2 at 2 weeks, and test 3 at 3 weeks). I'm currently on the wait list for my OBGYN but can't help but wonder if my missed period is due to the stress of moving and also my work (I'm an accountant and it was tax season). I'm not having the regular signs like tender breasts, strange food cravings or nausea (although at times I do feel a little queezy after eating). I have definitely been moody and more irritable but I don't know if it's just because stress through off my balance. I've definitely never experienced this before and didn't feel I was overly stressed last month to cause a missed period, but there was definitely some stress.
    Any advice?

Sometimes we can have annovulatory cycles which can cause a skipped period. Stress or change in hormones can cause it. I think your right to see your ob\gyn and hope you get answers soon. Good luck.

When this happened to me I quickly spiraled into PCOS.
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

Quote Originally Posted by khadijavye View Post
    When this happened to me I quickly spiraled into PCOS.
    I'm new to all this, what is PCOS?

Thank you!

Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome

I'd never been "late" a day in my life until that time and then I was late all the time and eventually went months between having a period. I thought for SURE I was pregnant.
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

Stress can definitely throw off your cycle quite a bit. I know it did for me when my husband was deployed a few years ago. I'd say that seeing your obgyn is the right thing to do right now. Best of luck!
    Jennifer

I also have PCOS but, I was not diagnosed until 10 days before I was 24 and had my tubes tied.. what a nice present. Anyways I thought for sure m tubal ligation had failed because I was going 33-37 days in between my periods but, always had a (-) test. I think I've had it since puberty but, my symptoms got worst after kids but, I don't know for sure. I am on Estrostep Fe birth control and try to maintain a low carb diet to help alive my symptoms and the birth control has help me have shorter lighter periods and get rid of about 99% of my acne which is nice benefit. So I recommend seeing what your doctor says they'll probably perform a vaginal U/S to look that your ovaries.
    *** Lindsay ***

Thanks a bunch ladies! I really appreciate your feedback!

It seems stress was may have been the reason for my skipped period. I started over the weekend, but am still going to see my doc. (whenever they decide to call)
    Thank you everyone for the advice!