Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car seats SO

Default Car seats SO

This is just out of curiosity ... I did not want to hijack SeptemberMom's thread which made me think of this.

How strictly do you follow the manufacturer recommendations for your car seats? I saw that one reply mentioned that many car seats allow for the use of 5 point harness up to 90 lbs. That is the average weight for a 12 year old boy (11.5 year old girl) and I am sure there are many that fall below the 50th percentile. Do you really make your pre-teen or teen children wear a 5 point harness? How do they feel about it? Do they gladly comply or feel that you are too strict? (I realize, you are the parent, it's not their choice - just curious what they think about it.)

I will admit that I am probably waaaay more lax about car seats than most on this board (at least from the posts I have seen here over the years). I turned my kids forward facing at 1 years old and we will be letting DS use a seatbelt with his booster instead of a 5 pt harness when we get back to the US in June (he is 6 and is about 45 lbs). I do not know any other person IRL that still has a 6 year old in a 5 point harness (most everyone I know started switching at 4).

The car seats we have are made for harness up to 50 lbs and seat belt for over 40 lbs. I obviously would not use the seat belt for a child under 40 lbs if the car seat is not designed for that but I feel comfortable switching to the seat belt at this age and size.

i would not put my 5 year old in a 5pt harness. she is in a booster, not a high back just a booster. my 3 year old is in a 5pt harness and my 11m old is rear facing. my 8 year old sits on the seat with no booster and a seatbelt.

i feel i much like you as well. i totally believe in making our kids safe, but i think it is freaking excessive. i mean i remember flying around the backseat for fun as a kid, LOL!

i think there is a point where it's rather nuts. a 8 year old in a carseat? really?

Jenny~ Mama to Katelyn(7), Ben(my angel in Heaven, 6), Megan(5), Allie(2years), Nora(8m)

Blog Entries

I plan to have my kids in a 5 pt harness until they can sit correctly in a booster and stay vertical if they fall asleep. I believe that is in line with the current recommendations. My oldest will by five in August and she doesn't know any other way to sit in the car so does not complain about it.
    Jessica (32) and Ryan (32). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart

stalking. i flipped both my kids to ff as soon as they hit the 20 lb starting point for their seats to be ff. i am having issues with what to do next with him and a carseat though. he will be 4 in july, is tall for his age but a light weight.

I turned my kids FF at age 1 as well but still keep my 6 year old in a 5pt. Regarding 5 pt harness, I read some time ago that it depends on how they position their bodies, if they still fall asleep in the car; if they nap their bodies slouch and are more likely to get injured in a car accident. I forget all the details but we drive through a lot of traffic at times and both still nap on car rides so I feel more comfortable with the 5pt. I tried to google that article but could not find it. I could have remembered it wrong and I am curious if someone has info

I sure know that some articles recommend 5pt harness for kids under 4'9"/80 lbs and under age 8
    Last edited by tanyachap; 05-19-2014 at 02:22 PM.
    KEVIN (6) & MATTHEW (4)

also when both of mine nap, they slouch a lot; my older is almost trying to fall off the seat; i do not feel it is safe for him to ride in a booster without 5 pt harness
    KEVIN (6) & MATTHEW (4)

My kids sway the curve because they are so small. But my #5 was rearfacing until 2+, but she didnt hit 20lbs until 2yrs. She was in a harness until she was 7, and she moved to a booster w/seatbelt then. She was 35lbs. She's almost 10now and sits in a backless booster at 48lbs.

Going by the manufacture's recommendations she will possibly still fit in some car seats when she's an adult.

next one down was rearfacing until 2 and 25lbs. I expect her to use a 5pt harness at least until 5.

Blog Entries

I guess I should add that I RF until at least 2.5 years old. My almost 5 year old is 41 lbs now so average in weight and also in height. She slouches a ton when sleeping and will still fall asleep in the car.
    Jessica (32) and Ryan (32). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart

I have been starting to think about this as well. DD is 4 1/2 but she only weighs 30 lbs soaking wet. She is starting to get long for her seat, but seems comfortable and falls asleep in it all the time. I think that we might switch to a high back booster with a harness at the end of the summer because of her height, (and because as much as I love her MyRide, it is a beast and takes up 1/2 the backseat! lol) She also falls asleep in the car and is so far from the booster weight minimum that I know we need to keep her in a harness for a while longer. I was hoping to maybe skip that step and not have to purchase another pricy car seat, but I think we are going to have to go that route with her.

Anne (37) DH (37) Olivia (4) Harrison (1)

If you can put me on a sliding scale of 100 being following every single carseat rule to the T and 0 being the mom who doesn't use careseats...i'll probably fall in the 70 range.

For infant-4 years old I use 5 pt harness. I do rear face until about 18 months. I don't go all the way until 2. But about 18 months or so.

For boosters I am a lot like Jess below:
    Quote Originally Posted by JJorn View Post
    I plan to have my kids in a 5 pt harness until they can sit correctly in a booster and stay vertical if they fall asleep. I believe that is in line with the current recommendations. My oldest will by five in August and she doesn't know any other way to sit in the car so does not complain about it.
    My DS was almost 5 before a high back booster fit properly and he sits upright even if he falls alseep. He is 5.5 now and I don't plan on moving him out of a high back into a regular booster for a while.

I plan on using carseats until I am for certain belts fit correctly and i will at least follow the law in NC. They have to be 8 and 80 pounds before they do not need a booster anymore.

Brenda

We kept both RF until age 2. Now my 2 yr old is FF in a carseat that goes up to 65 lbs. My 5 yr old is still in a 5 pt harness seat that goes up to 65 lbs. We spend at least an hour a day at high speeds on the interstate, so I plan to continue 5 pt harness with both as long as possible. I intend to at least use booster seats until they are the right height for a seat belt to fit properly. Not judging anyone or trying to sound snotty, but I'd rather go overboard than have something awful happen and spend the rest of my life wishing I had simply followed the guidelines. I can't really see making a 12 yr old use a booster, but I'm going to aim for at least 8-9 yrs old.
    ~Andrea~

Wow I can't believe all these kids falling asleep in the car! Mine so don't!

I still have my almost 2yo RF and have no plans to change her yet. It works better that she can see her sisters anyway. She is about 23-25lbs.

DD1 is very small and she was in a 5pt until age 6 maybe? I don't think she was 40lbs yet and it just worked out well for us and DD2 at the time was about 4 and still in a regular car seat in 5pt. Once DD3 outgrew the infant seat I shuffled all the seats and got DD1 a high back booster. It was much easier for her to get in and out of the car on her own when I dropped her off at school.

DD2 is 5 and actually weighs more than DD1 at around 45lbs. She is in a Graco Nautilus 3-1 and I use the 5pt for longer rides and the regular seat belt for short ones. I was considering getting her a high backed booster as well and giving DD3 the Graco but I think it's only FF so I will wait. Until then it can be a high back booster and I have been considering stopping with the 5pt and using it as a high backed booster. My older 2 almost never fall asleep in the car. DD1 leans fw to talk sometimes which is probably not good.
    Thing 1 (7), Thing 2 (5), Thing 3 (2)

Quote Originally Posted by impatient View Post
    This is just out of curiosity ... I did not want to hijack SeptemberMom's thread which made me think of this.

How strictly do you follow the manufacturer recommendations for your car seats? I saw that one reply mentioned that many car seats allow for the use of 5 point harness up to 90 lbs. That is the average weight for a 12 year old boy (11.5 year old girl) and I am sure there are many that fall below the 50th percentile. Do you really make your pre-teen or teen children wear a 5 point harness? How do they feel about it? Do they gladly comply or feel that you are too strict? (I realize, you are the parent, it's not their choice - just curious what they think about it.)

I will admit that I am probably waaaay more lax about car seats than most on this board (at least from the posts I have seen here over the years). I turned my kids forward facing at 1 years old and we will be letting DS use a seatbelt with his booster instead of a 5 pt harness when we get back to the US in June (he is 6 and is about 45 lbs). I do not know any other person IRL that still has a 6 year old in a 5 point harness (most everyone I know started switching at 4).

The car seats we have are made for harness up to 50 lbs and seat belt for over 40 lbs. I obviously would not use the seat belt for a child under 40 lbs if the car seat is not designed for that but I feel comfortable switching to the seat belt at this age and size.
    I think the 4'9'' and 80 pounds is BS I'll tell you why: Not to be rude but, small adults are that size. I know Cody will reach the 4'9'' within that time frame of the "norm" but, I am worried about Sophia. She is so... petite 1-3% for both weight and height ever since she was born vs Cody is in the 50% range for both weight and height. There is no way I am going to make my 11-12 year old in a booster. Really 10 is pushing it. Call me ignorant all you want but, I am 25 years old and I can guarantee everyone on this board was sitting in a normal seat without any sort of booster/ harness by age 5 . I don't ever remember sitting in a booster seat I have long... memory. I think the expiration is also BS nobody ever mentioned it at all until the last several years. I think America is really good about making everyone feel like we should live in bubble. Unfortunately I was born and breed here with a house I guess I am here to stay.
    Last edited by mom2CodySophia0811; 05-19-2014 at 06:24 PM.

We aren't in a hurry to move to boosters, just to cross off a milestone. We RF until 2, and have used our 5pt seats for a long time. We have nice seats, that go to 80 lbs in 5pt. They cost us a lot and we will use them until the kids out grow the guidelines....which is any day now. The triplets will be 6 in a little less than 2 months, the bigger two are 50 lbs easy, and Lily is probably around 48 lbs...they are tall though, so they will hit the height limit long before they hit the weight limit. I am guessing we will move to boosters sometime this summer. I don't find the seats difficult to use or a pain, actually 2 of the triplets can buckle and un-buckle themselves....so why not go with the safest option? I pick safe over convenience.
    Last edited by TripMomma; 05-19-2014 at 07:20 PM.

~*~Katrina~*~ Momma to Xander, Hayden & Lily (6) and Jericho (3 1/2)
    Trying to complete our family...My Ovulation Chart for my LAST try !

Quote Originally Posted by sunkiss View Post
    We kept both RF until age 2. Now my 2 yr old is FF in a carseat that goes up to 65 lbs. My 5 yr old is still in a 5 pt harness seat that goes up to 65 lbs. We spend at least an hour a day at high speeds on the interstate, so I plan to continue 5 pt harness with both as long as possible. I intend to at least use booster seats until they are the right height for a seat belt to fit properly. Not judging anyone or trying to sound snotty, but I'd rather go overboard than have something awful happen and spend the rest of my life wishing I had simply followed the guidelines. I can't really see making a 12 yr old use a booster, but I'm going to aim for at least 8-9 yrs old.
    I completely agree. I am one of those "extremists." I honestly don't see any negative to keeping children in a safer seat for as long as possible. I don't understand the rush to get the into the next seat. DS1 is 5.5 and is still in a 5 pt harness. He will stay there until he outgrows it. I'm am not going to rush to buy a new seat when he fits just fine in this one. DS2 is 3 and still RFing, and he will do so until he outgrows him. DS1 was able to RF till 4. We rarely drive on highways and I still would rather follow the guidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by mom2CodySophia0811 View Post
    I think the 4'9'' and 80 pounds is BS I'll tell you why: Not to be rude but, small adults are that size. I know Cody will reach the 4'9'' within that time frame of the "norm" but, I am worried about Sophia. She is so... petite 1-3% for both weight and height ever since she was born vs Cody is in the 50% range for both weight and height. There is no way I am going to make my 11-12 year old in a booster. Really 10 is pushing it. Call me ignorant all you want but, I am 25 years old and I can guarantee everyone on this board was sitting in a normal seat without any sort of booster/ harness by age 5 . I don't ever remember sitting in a booster seat I have long... memory. I think the expiration is also BS nobody ever mentioned it at all until the last several years. I think America is really good about making everyone feel like we should live in bubble. Unfortunately I was born and breed here with a house I guess I am here to stay.
    As you age, your bones get stronger, so a 12 year old will be less likely to get broken bones than a younger child if she is not properly restrained. You are right that at 5, I wore a simple lap belt...not even across the chest. There are many more cars on the road and many more distracted drivers on the road. My MIL is under 5 ft, and she sits on something to kind of boost her up.

I have really small kids and both are still RF ( at 4 & 2!). I would have probably FF my oldest but I know my youngest would demand the same...so I have held off.

Quote Originally Posted by i.<3.cheesysmiles View Post
    I completely agree. I am one of those "extremists." I honestly don't see any negative to keeping children in a safer seat for as long as possible. I don't understand the rush to get the into the next seat. DS1 is 5.5 and is still in a 5 pt harness. He will stay there until he outgrows it. I'm am not going to rush to buy a new seat when he fits just fine in this one. DS2 is 3 and still RFing, and he will do so until he outgrows him. DS1 was able to RF till 4. We rarely drive on highways and I still would rather follow the guidelines.

As you age, your bones get stronger, so a 12 year old will be less likely to get broken bones than a younger child if she is not properly restrained. You are right that at 5, I wore a simple lap belt...not even across the chest. There are many more cars on the road and many more distracted drivers on the road. My MIL is under 5 ft, and she sits on something to kind of boost her up.
    I agree-- so many distracted drivers out there! I see people text and drive ALL the time!

I absolutely do. I rear faced both of my kids until 2y 3mo (for some reason I flipped them forward around that same time line, no real reason lol). Both are forward facing in a 5pt harness. My oldest is 4.5 and about 37lbs and 41" tall... he will be riding in a 5pt harness until he is a minimum of 40lbs and can sit up straight if he falls asleep, and can stay in his seat without wiggling. He can buckle and unbuckle himself, and he also unbuckles his sister when we get out so I don't have to put any effort into it lol

I don't see the point of NOT following the guidelines though. I mean I would put my kids' safety before convenience.

As for bigger kids vs small adults, there's no debate, even ADULTS should be wearing the seatbelt correctly. The lap belt should go across your lap, not across your stomach or abdomen, and the seatbelt shouldn't be cutting your neck off. Many cars have seatbelt adjusters in them, and if not you can buy one if you're a shorty. Technically your knees should bend at the end of the seat, which is a good guideline to go by for when your child is ready to move out of a booster seat completely.

Car safety is so important and I don't really think it's extreme.

I mean back in the day, some people were probably like "Omg, why does that 1 year old have its own seat? Why not just wrap him up and lay him on the dash so he can get some sunshine?" or things like "Wow, your child is 5, why is she not driving yet?" LOL. Due to the amount of drivers on the road, the amount of distractions and traffic and traffic lights, etc, I feel like extra safety is super important. Plus, there's science, science is cool, and we learn more and more and more as we go along, we might as well use it right?
    Dada (27) Mama-Jessie (26) Orion (4) Kadence (2) Osiris (Uterus)

Quote Originally Posted by i.<3.cheesysmiles View Post

I agree with all of this and the quotes that were part of it as well. Car wrecks are the number one cause of death in children. NUMBER ONE. We all take our kids and put them in cars and drive around, and an accident can happen any time to anyone anywhere. So if I can do something to help better protect my kids, I will do it.
    She is right about bone structure playing a big role in the difference between children and adults. And lots of kids "back in the day" died because they didn't have the knowledge and technology that we have now. Just because people who are alive now can reminisce about it, doesn't mean there weren't hundreds of thousands who didn't live to reminisce.

My almost 5 year old is in a 5 point harness and I will keep her there until she grows out of it. My 2 year old is still RF and will stay that way until she grows out of it. Did you know that it is 500% safer for toddlers to RF? That is huge. I just don't understand why anyone would turn their kid early if they know that its that much safer?

These two links are great at explaining the science behind extended RF. It shows pictures of the spine and you can see why it is different for children. It also has a video so you can see the stark difference in how a crash affects a FF child vs. a RF child. I don't see this subject as really an opinion issue. The science shows it is extraordinarily safer to RF and to keep kids in 5 point harnesses. As we learn more we can keep our kids safer, if we are willing to set aside the past. Sure, kids in the past didn't stay in 5 point harnesses or RF as long, but is that really a good reason not to?

http://www.beseatsmart.org/stage1/rear-facing-seat.php
    http://csftl.org/why-rear-facing-the...junkies-guide/

Thanks for starting this!!!

Quote Originally Posted by macksmom View Post
    Wow I can't believe all these kids falling asleep in the car! Mine so don't!
    I was thinking the same thing!!!! My DD (4) still falls asleep if she is really tired (it has happened maybe 3 times this year so it is pretty rare) but DS has not fallen asleep in the car in the last 2 years.

We have car seats that convert into a booster and both kids are in the 5 pt right now. But when we rented a car recently, they only had a high back booster for DS (the car seat with a 5 pt harness they provided for DD would have been WAAAY to small for DS). So DS got to ride in the high back booster with just a seat belt. This was in March. It seemed to fit him fine and I felt comfortable with it. That is why we started thinking about switching to the seat belt with the high back booster when we get back.

As for small adults ... I think there is a point where a driver may need a booster. I have a friend who is just barely over 4 ft tall (she does not have a physical handicap, this height is not uncommon for someone of her ethnic background) and she uses a booster to drive. She literally cannot see out of her car without it. But if she rides as a passenger, she just buckles in. I think that is just common sense. She is in her mid 40s.

Intersting discussion ...

Which Cody is in a booster and Sophia is in a 5 point harness and I am going to "comply with society" but, I am just saying any older than 10-12 I can see 12 for Sophia and I am just hoping that she'll be 4'9'' by them. I will not make her at age 12. I was in an accident without airbags at age 12 and I did have whiplash but, no broken bones knock on wood. I couldn't imagine a 13 year old sitting in a booster or any sort of a carseat even though I do comply with regulations I have my limits a 13 year old would find that very personally degrading.

I was thinking the same thing!!!! My DD (4) still falls asleep if she is really tired (it has happened maybe 3 times this year so it is pretty rare) but DS has not fallen asleep in the car in the last 2 years.

We have car seats that convert into a booster and both kids are in the 5 pt right now. But when we rented a car recently, they only had a high back booster for DS (the car seat with a 5 pt harness they provided for DD would have been WAAAY to small for DS). So DS got to ride in the high back booster with just a seat belt. This was in March. It seemed to fit him fine and I felt comfortable with it. That is why we started thinking about switching to the seat belt with the high back booster when we get back.

As for small adults ... I think there is a point where a driver may need a booster. I have a friend who is just barely over 4 ft tall (she does not have a physical handicap, this height is not uncommon for someone of her ethnic background) and she uses a booster to drive. She literally cannot see out of her car without it. But if she rides as a passenger, she just buckles in. I think that is just common sense. She is in her mid 40s.

Intersting discussion ...
    I can see this if its her choice KWIM? Its not like she is being buckled in by her DH. I think if someone is 13+ they should have the choice on the booster seat deal.When this first switch over to the 4'9'' and 80 pounds started my 7 year old stepsister when from not wearing a booster seat at all to having to wear one yes she was 7 but, she was like "Why do I have to do this"? Stepdad told her "I am sorry but, the law has changed", B- "I just feel like such a baby". I view the 13+ older thing like this too though it doesn't have to do with stature in Jewish communities 13 is the right of passage sure I know they have to listen to their parents and comply with everything but, isn't everyone treated more like an adult? I am asking for knowledge not to be rude well and asking aloud. I can just picture in my mind a young man or lady coming from their Baa Mativa saying goodbye to their buddies and having to go home riding in a booster seat because they are petite how embarrassing. Or in our community of going to dance at school and coming home in a booster seat because nature decided they'll be shorter than the rest of the crew. Or even puberty at 13 "Yeah I'm old enough to become a woman by nature's standards but, by society's standards I have to sit in this booster".
    Last edited by mom2CodySophia0811; 05-20-2014 at 05:11 AM.

Its not about complying with society's standards, its about safety. Its not just a fad that is only important because some famous people did it so now everyone else is doing it. Its about looking at research and seeing what technology is available now to keep us safe that wasn't available before.
    I don't know how long I would keep my kids in a 5 point harness, I'm not there yet, and the resources for safety will probably have changed a lot 7-8 years from now. But since car wrecks are the leading cause of death, I think its more important to be safe than not be embarrassed.
    Last edited by KC's wifey; 05-20-2014 at 07:10 AM.

I switched from a five point harness to HBB when my oldest started taking the bus to school. I got pressure fromDH to change him. He fit all the criteria at four but I wanted to keep him longer. So I think we set the family standard with that. We switch to ff at random times since the Reccommendation changed between the kids. But my 20 month old is still RFing.

Jeanne, mom to Dev0n (6) Isabe11e (5) and C0rbin (3.5) Vio1et (almost 2)

I also think there is a tendency to look at "extremes" and use that to justify non-extremes. Ex: "Its ridiculous to keep a child in a 5 point harness until they are 13, therefore its just fine to change them to a booster at 4."
    A better way is just to evaluate your child *now* (rather than thinking of extremes of the future) and see what is best for them. What is their age, weight, height, developmental ability? What best matches them for keeping them the safest possible?

I just bought the Graco Nautilus for my 7yr old dd and 6.5yr old ds. I'll be using the harness until they completely outgrow it .

DD is 47"/43lbs and ds is 45"/48lbs. The backless boosters we were using were fine in the car, but the seats are shorter in the van so their heads were above the seat . The trip north to visit family is 5hrs round trip in the van and I was so nervous having them in those previous boosters. We also have to get on the expressway to head into town even though it's only a few miles, but there are SO many accidents since it's a major junction. I finally feel like I can breathe a bit easier in this area.

I'm not a car seat nazi or anything, lol, and I know, sadly, there are many ways parents lose their children, but I feel much better knowing I'm doing what I can to keep them safe. I feel like there's a reason the manufacturer set those recommendations for their product so I will follow them to the best of my understanding and will be stopping in at our local car-seat check point to make sure my understanding is accurate .
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

3andMe is online now Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Quote Originally Posted by KC's wifey View Post
    I also think there is a tendency to look at "extremes" and use that to justify non-extremes. Ex: "Its ridiculous to keep a child in a 5 point harness until they are 13, therefore its just fine to change them to a booster at 4."
    A better way is just to evaluate your child *now* (rather than thinking of extremes of the future) and see what is best for them. What is their age, weight, height, developmental ability? What best matches them for keeping them the safest possible?
    This is a very good point.

I have to say, though, to answer the original question, I think I am the only one out of the entire class of our first-grade students that still uses 5-point restraints on my kids. Everyone else is still either in high-back or backless boosters, and my daughter is one of the tallest girls in the class. I say this as one of the parents who drives multiple children to events up to 15 miles away on freeways, and one of the reasons I always try to take the day off if there is a field trip is because I don't want one of the other parents being responsible for trying to figure out how to buckle my car seats into their car, or to deal with my kids discovering what it's like to ride with a booster seat for the first time.

I have seen friends from school drive their children without car seats or boosters at all.

My daughter gets rides by another parent in a booster seat, and she loves it, but I let my son try it once and he unbuckled the seat belt and leaned over. We go on long drives a lot, with speeds at 70+ mph and sudden stops. Kids slump and occasionally sleep or lean over. Recently a 4-year-old died in a car accident near here, in a booster, when nobody else was injured. Things happen. Mine ask about going to boosters sometimes, but they haven't fussed about it too much, and I just remind them that every family does things differently and their car seats help them stay upright and in the correct position for safety when they won't be able to remember to do it all the time themselves.

I don't know when I would switch. We have a long, multi-leg plane/car trip coming up this summer and it would be great to not have to lug around giant seats. Still, it's going to involve at least 2 solid days of driving, on interstates and winding country roads with bored kids. I don't feel like I can leave the car seats behind.

Quote Originally Posted by KC's wifey View Post
    I do look at his age now I don't think I said I would ditch the carseat I was saying I just can't imagine anyone older than 12 needing a booster but, Cody has a booster at age 5 almost 6. He is 42 pounds and 44'' tall we had a Honda Civic when we made the switch from a 5 pointer to a booster within this past 2-3 months.
    He also sits still with a toy. We are going with recommendations and laws though I don't like them I am still going by them. He will be almost 6 and though the weight limit on our old seat was 100 pounds but, it seemed really short. I just hope that both kids will reach the 4'9'' and 80 status by 12 or so I don't even have
    to have these "what ifs". Heck by the time they are 12 the regulations could have done a flip, dip, and side kick. Who knows? So I guess right not I shouldn't worry about it because now he's in a seat that fits him. Sophia is also in a good seat right now too.
    Last edited by mom2CodySophia0811; 05-20-2014 at 10:02 PM.

i found this interesting...while i understand why some choose to use 5 point harnesses on kids over the age of 4 to the age of 8....i feel confident that my choice to have my children in boosters is also safe. I guess to each their own...regardless i don't feel as though I am harming my children. the issue, to me from what I am reading is more kids, little ones not even in carseats or boosters at all...and unbuckled...that's the bigger issue.

http://www.cdc.gov/motorvehiclesafet...factsheet.html

Jenny~ Mama to Katelyn(7), Ben(my angel in Heaven, 6), Megan(5), Allie(2years), Nora(8m)