Thread: Energy Levels & Sleeping

Default Energy Levels & Sleeping

Hiya!

Just wondering how everyone is doing energy-wise? I thought my levels were slightly starting to pick up but now I am back to being drop dead tired again! To the point that I was in tears at work and left early the other day! I'm not really over doing anything or sleeping too much either. But when I am sleeping, I am knocked out cold! DROOL and all! It's crazy, because thats not typical for me at all. Just wondering how you ladies are doing?

Also... I recently was given a pregnancy pillow... OMG! The-best-thing-in-the-world to me right now! It's as if my bed is hugging me every night! And what I love is how bendable it is and I can use it as like a nursing pillow later.
    Me: Heather {28}, DH: Tahee {30}, & Baby Boy: Carter {born July 2, 2014}... makes three

The pregnancy pillow is the only reason I can sleep LOL.

I was super tired but I found since taking my B-12 everyday, I can get through the day alright, but I am of course super tired at night. Buuut I'm not a great sleeper so it takes a long time to get to sleep, arg!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

I think perhaps I should start supplementing my prenatal vitamin with something additional. I think I am in need of potassium also. I had gotten a charlie horse the other night and my leg is still feeling cramped. I tried to have it massaged out and although it felt good, I was nearly in tears. (in case you can't tell, I'm quite emotional this preg! lol)

Have you heard of these neuro drinks? It seems like a flavored smart water meets gatorade...? I saw them in the store last night but they had names like "sweet dreams" and "energy refresher" and one for like immunity. Despite if they actually provide those things, the flavors looked yummy for some of them. I was thinking of trying the energy one, pending what's actually in the drink.
    Me: Heather {28}, DH: Tahee {30}, & Baby Boy: Carter {born July 2, 2014}... makes three

I can't help you with the neuro drinks, but I can reassure you that beeing tired is totally normal. I sometimes feel super tired after lunch and fall asleep as soon as I get to bed in the evening since about one week.
    Sabrina [33], DH [33] and our precious shaka-girl

I'm back to horrible insomnia (not that I ever got much of a break from it) and the little sleep I get is broken up with wacky dreams I can't remember. Energy levels are very low. I feel bad because it's summer and I should be getting out doing more with my girls but I'm too worn out.

Energy here has spikes but mostly low and sometimes after lunch when I put dd2 to nap I pass out too lol. I co-sleep with both girls as we have a moldy mattress that landlord won't take away and won't allow us to throw away so since dd1 is allergic to mold and so am I, dh sleeps in that room as it doesn't bother him and 3 of us are in our king size bed. It is OK but dd2 keeps snuggling close to me in her sleep and that combined with the need to pee ever so much doesn't give me long consecutive hours of sleep.
    I also feel my joints hurt as it is quite humid and not too hot as usually it should be in may. And the joint on the foot I sprained 2 weeks ago gets slightly swollen from time to time.
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

My joints have been hurting me more too. I have rheumatoid arthritis, so I've actually gotten a break from joint pain with this pg but lately they have been hurting. I think it has to do with the weather also, we've been in the 80s with lots of humidity, so that's not fun.

As soon as I get home I have a snack and then I am napping for a few hours. I wake up to spend a little time with DH but then usually right back to bed, for the whole night. It's driving me crazy. I live in FL and the weather is just beautiful right now (albeit a little hot) but I don't even have the energy to go to the pool and just lay out (and I sooo need a tan! I was wearing white shorts the other day and I swear from a distance you would think I had on leggings!)

I've gotten pretty used to the freq bathroom trips (about 2-3 a night, not too bad) but I literally have to ROLL out of bed. lol.

I'm thankful there's not much swelling (some in my hands on hotter days) and no joint pain. I don't know that I could take that at this point. I could definitely benefit from some regular stretching though. I feel like if I could just motivate myself enough, once a day to be more active (extra walk, or some stretching) then maybe my body would accept it and the boost of energy would come! But I feel like I am just giving in to the tired. :-/

Stretching is the only thing I've been able to do consistently. I honestly don't know that I could stand the calorie deficit of more strenuous exercise. But I have been doing it at least 3x a week since about 10 weeks so I've made a habit of it.

I normally go for a walk in the afternoon or evening. My energy is not up to more. I sometimes have some swelling in my ankles and feet since one week but the temperature here on Maui is over 90 during the day so I figure this is just normal. And I'm getting more tired the longer this pregnanca goes. Anyone else feeling this too?
    Sabrina [33], DH [33] and our precious shaka-girl

I have been completely wiped out this entire pregnancy. The first trimester was awful, and then we were in Japan for a month, then we got home, and before jet lag wore off, we started the process of buying / selling / moving. So, not sure how much of my exhaustion now in the second trimester is from being pregnant, or how much is from just a crazy life!

What I wouldn't give for a nap...

I walk all the time... Thankfully no swelling of the feet, occasionally the fingers though. Otherwise, same here I've been exhausted this whole preg too. At my appointment this morning my dr gave me some iron pills (to take with pnv) that are supposed to help boost my energy... we will see how that goes though.

Im back to exhausted at night time!

Magnesium supplements are great for muscle cramps too!
    Katie~
    DD1 (7) DD2 (4) DS1 (22 months) Baby #4 EDD 7/13/14

I've been sleeping a lot. Like way early for bed. Last night I went to bed somewhere between 7:30 and 9:30 (too tired to look at the clock) and slept all the way thru the night - 9am, didn't even get up for the bathroom! not once! crazy... first time in MONTHS for that! I did however, drool all over my pillow that I just threw it on the floor! lol. So, yea... feelin' ya on the exhaustion!

I asked my dr about taking some magnesium but he said he didn't recommend it. I guess that was just for me, because I see that a lot of women take it or recommend it... Oh well..