Thread: Showers?!?

Default Showers?!?

I'm wondering who is having a baby shower and who arnt? This is my third so there isn't a whole lot we need and I still haven't decided if I was going to CD or use sposies! If you arnt having a shower are you gonna do something different??

Me(26) DH: Chris (30) Cassidee (3) Jazmine born 6/28/13 Austyn 7/10/14 MC 8/1/12

My first shower had been planned on June 7th....which was going to be a combo of gender reveal, my birthday (which is actually the 6th) and our anniversary (the 10th)....but it has been delayed because DH's grandmother will not be able to make it because she is having surgery....so we are having a little get together on the 8th for my family....which is still gonna be a combo of each. I have a feeling I will have several showers....1st grandchild on both sides....one for DH's side, one for Mom's side...one for Dad's side...(not a good idea to combined these two) and probably one for work (a coworker has insisted that she be able to do it), and a friend's shower.....but I don't know if all of those will pan out...........
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

Ever since we found out twins everyone is oooing and aaahing about throwing me a shower. I bought two pair of pajamas today and my mom yelled at me for it lol but they were on clearance! And I got one girl and one boy pair because I really feel like I have one of each in there! Its becoming a lot more common to have showers after your first child. Except they call them "sprinkles". Cute I thought.

Yeah, I really like the "sprinkle" theme because I feel that every baby needs to be celebrated. With having our 3rd boy, there's basically nothing that I need. I doubt anyone will throw me a "sprinkle" unless my BF does it, but I would basically be piggybacking off of all of her friends (she really likes to have parties and I've become friends with her other sets of friends through those times, but they aren't really "my" friends so I don't know if that would be weird or not. I have seen them all during this pregnancy and everyone is super happy for me, so who knows ... just having a party to celebrate would be nice, no gifts required.)
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Since these are my first babies I'm guessing people will throw me showers? I know my mom is for my side/friends but I'm not sure about DH side. I'm not going to suggest showers or anything just let what happens happen.

Me - Jess DH - Matt
    September 2013

No its my third too. So no shower. I may do a ladies night with some friend. My sis is expecting her first and I'm throwing a huge shower for her. I don't want to take her spotlight away.

Oh but my church may do a "diaper and gift card pounding" where people just leave diapers and gift cards for us. And I will get three weeks worth of meals from church when baby is here and usually people bring small gifts and money too.

We went to the same church for 13yrs and they gave us a shower with every baby I had while we attended there . We moved a couple years ago though, so I'm not expecting one .

I have some gender neutral newborn-size clothes and I'm all set for a boy, but if we have a girl I'll have to do some shopping within a few weeks after she's born, depending on her size. I'll likely purchase a few baby girl clothes from Kohl's to have on hand, but keep the tags on so I can take them back if we have a boy (Kohl's has no time limit on their return policy).
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

If someone throws one for me, I'll do it. If not, I'll be okay. We got rid of everything with the first two because we have a small house and just didn't have anywhere to store it. My first one, none of my friends showed up. It was still wonderful, but I was upset that it wasn't the big "party" to celebrate.
    Dada (27) Mama-Jessie (26) Orion (4) Kadence (2) Osiris (Uterus)

Chiming in (not PG) if you don't mind with my 2nd child I didn't have a shower because I get anxious at parties for me but, I feel like a baby is a celebration no matter what and if I would have done over again I would have allowed for my step mom or MIL to do a small shower for me but, make it causal and not register anywhere. I would just enjoyed some cake, games, and friends gathering to celebrate the pregnancy and soon to be baby. So I vote yes, go for it.
    *** Lindsay ***

I have never heard of a "sprinkle" but I love it! I would love some practical things like diapers, wipes, pacis, bottles, etc. at a sprinkle, but we still have so much stuff from DD1 and since we know its DD2 I think we are looking pretty good for clothing.

Agree with Elle, I just really want diapers from the shower! Maybe my Mom can put that on the invitation or something. Diapers and a few other must haves. I saved everything from DD, so if there is a boy in there I guess I will need some clothes though....

Ive always wanted a baby shower and never got one, spent months hinting and nada, since this is likely the last baby for me and weve had a rough go..i want a shower, i want to bake cakes and make a little lunch buffet and have people play games, i dont care much about gift receiving, i want to celebrate the little life im carrying..so today i decided i will throw my own shower, praying someone comes or i will likely be a sobbing mess and i just ordered invitations from tiny prints for late august ...fingers crossed i can throw myself the shower baby deserves

Ali (28) dh (28)love since 2006 8 angels who left us too soon

There you go, take matters into your own hands! It'll be great :-)