Thread: Progesterone...ugh.

Default Progesterone...ugh.

So I start these things today, twice a day. I hate them. I wish my hate for them was due to the "mess" but it is not.
    When I used them with Jericho (didn't use them with the trio) I did find it messy, with lots coming back out.
    However the last couple of times I was on them I found nothing coming back out...and got very crampy and achy in my ute area. Then of course when those two tries did not work...despite everything else going perfectly, I started blaming the irritation and pain caused by the progesterone for screwing up things.

I have taken my first dose this morning, here we are 3 hours later and I have nothing coming back out again. I am freaking out. This may be gross but I was reading around online and saw some people were taking their prog. anally instead of vaginally. Did anyone here do that? I think it would make me feel a lot better that it wasn't getting gunked up in there and causing trouble with my uterus. Thoughts???

~*~Katrina~*~ Momma to Xander, Hayden & Lily (6) and Jericho (3 1/2)

Can you request to take progesterone orally? Mine has always been vaginal supps, and yes it always leaks back out, strange that it didn't /hasn't for you

Another option that I will have to do if I get pg again is injections. Research says there is better absorbency with this form.... It's weekly, maybe this can be an option also? It's better to try and get things done the way you feel comfortable.... Mommy instinct you know.
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

With my IVF, my RE ordered my progesterone rectally. It does sound gross at first, but it is so much better. Way less messy, just as effective. Some REs are very particular though, so run it by your RE before you change how you administer it. Tons of for this cycle!

Erica 33, DH 34, STC for 4+ years, Diagnosed DOR 4/2011, mom to 4 , Barbados IVF March 2013!!!

I had my progesterone IM...never had to deal with the vaginal or the oral....my only complaint of the IM was the sore rump for months!!!
    Good luck!!!
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

I did IM and vaginally- my vaginal ones were in an oil compound so they turned to liquid pretty quickly and made a big oily mess. I never tried the crinone one that most people take. So far I like the injections the best- avoiding the mess is worth the pain for me. Have you tried checking to see if there is anything left up there? Maybe is is just a new formula and your body is absorbing more of it?
    STC Since 5/2012
    1/20/13 7/7/13

Thanks guys!
    Well after about 5 hours the first one started leaking out...thank goodness!! I hope this keeps up, I really was not a fan of the build up and crampy painful irritated uterus that it created.

Oh good! Is it a cream or pill form? I've had it in 3 forms (well, kinda 2 forms) for 2 pregnancies it was a cream in a casement type (like a bullet shape) that had to be refrigerated ( that didn't leak out for a long while) then I had a regular cream type in a tube that I would fill a syringe thingy to the amount ( that leaked out so quickly ) and this last pg I had those pill forms ( took the longest to break down and leak, over 16 hours).
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

So funny, just goes to show how different we all are.
    This is pill form, it takes a few hours but is discharging back out.
    The last one was a gel, in a prefilled tube...never came back out.
    The one with Jericho was the bullet type, and that stuff came back out quickly.

So far so good on these pills!

I, by far, preferred oral. I had the bullet type with DS1 and did oral meds with DS2 and DS3. It's a celebration the day you can stop progesterone, whatever from you're using! ;)
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

If this try doesn't work I will be asking for oral form the next time. I think it should be fine for me since prog. levels have never been an issue for me, heck I didn't use any at all with the triplets.