Thread: Michael's birth story

Default Michael's birth story

I finally have some time to write this. Friday morning I had a feeling that he was going to come the next day, which was his due date. That Friday I had a girls day. We went to lunch, got manicures and pedicures and went to the mall. When we were at the last store and I had a weird spasm in my entire back. I didn't think anything of it. We got home about 4 and my friend left about 5. I was sitting on the couch with my dh and at about 6 I started having contractions in my lower back. They weren't going away after an hour so I started timing them. They were about 15 min apart. DH was tired so we went to bed about 8:30. Dh fell asleep aboiut 10 but my contractions were getting stronger. I managed to fall asleep at about 11:30 and wooke up a little before midnight from a contraction. I knew then that it was the real thing since I have never been woken up from one before. I started timing them and they were about 10 min apart. Over the next few hours they got stronger and closer together. The pain was getting bad and I started crying. DH woke up to me crying at about 3 and I told him it was time to go. They were about 5 min apart.

We got to L & D and I was hooked up to the monitors. LO heart rate wasn't showing the accelerations like they wanted so they gave me some cold water to drink and that helped. I was checked and was dialted to 3 and 90% effaced. They had me walk for an hour and I had to stop every time I had a contraction to go pee, so we didn't get very far LOL. I got back to my room and was checked and there was no change so they sent me home. Once the nurse left I started to cry. I though for sure since it was my due date they would have admitted me.

We got home about 6:30 and I tried to sleep but my contractions were really strong and coming every 10 min. I toughed it out till about 9:15 and it was to the point I couldn't talk. All I could do was lie in bed and cry from the pain. It was all in my lower back and was the worst pain I have ever felt. Dh called L & D and they said for me to come in since they were about 3-5 min apart and so bad I could hardly move. I was afraid that they were going to send me home again. We got to the hospital and DH dropped me off out front while he went to park the car. As he was helping me in to the hospital I had such a bad contraction I couldn't walk. He had to get me a wheelchair. They took me right back to a room. Once again I was hooked up and checked. I was dialted to 4.5 and 100% effaced! I thought, they would be stupid to send me home at this point, but with my luck they would. About 30 min later they came in said they were going to admit me! We were going to have our baby!!!

We got to my delivery room and they asked when I wanted my epi and I told them ASAP. By noon I had my epidural and felt no pain. I was checked again at about 4 and I was at a 6 so they broke my water since my contractions were still irregualr. They put in an internal monitor to see how strong the contractions were and if they were strong enough to dialte me more. At about 5 they came in and since no progress they started me on pitocin. They came back at 5:30 to change my cathater and asked if I was feeling any pressure. I said yes and they checked me and I was at a 10! They said they would come back in an hour to check me to make sure he has dropped more and then it would be time to push. They started setting the room up and DH came back in after going to get a drink and I told him I was at a 10 and started to cry. He asked what was wrong and I told him I am excited, and scared, tired and a bunch of other feelings. I toired to sleep but I couldn't. The nurse came in at 6:30 and it was time to push.

I pushed for about an hour and little Michael decided to make his arrival sunny side up at 7:41 pm on his due date. Becaue he was sunny side up the dr had to cut me and I also ended up with a 3rd degree tear. That part has not been fun, but it is getting better. He came out screaming and they placed him on my chest. We have a healthy 6 lb 13 oz baby boy!

He latched on for a feeding right away but since then was having alot of latching issues. I supplemented with formula and once my milk came in I started pumping and saving it. We went to the pedi on Tuesday and now that he has exceeded his birth weight they gave me the go ahead to give him my pumped milk so no he is only on breast milk.

It has been an amazing experience and I never thought I could love someone as much as I love him. DH is so good with him. He can't wait to get home from work so he can see him. Our little family is complete!
    first family picture.jpgfirst picture.jpgMicahel.jpghappy baby.jpg

He's gorgeous!!! Sounds like you were super tough and endured a lot of pain to bring Michael into the world safely. Congratulations, Mama!
    Sara: 31, DH: 33. After 19 months of STC, we caught an eggie! #1 is on its way!

Make a pregnancy ticker

Oh how I love ready birth stories! So happy for you and he's just precious!!

Congrats and way to rock it out!! He's so precious!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

What a precious baby! Hope you heal soon!!
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

What a precious little guy!
    Dayna (37) DH (38) DD (6) DS1 (3) DS2 3-31-14

Congratulations! He's adorable!
    Jennifer

He so adorable , congratulations! It sounds like a tough labor, but you powered through - nice job momma!

Mel (39) DH (37) Finally, a baby boy after 12 months of TTC!
    April 2013 http://www.saferpills.org/

Congrats! He's really cute.

Elizabeth - 4/30/14