Thread: Too early for round ligament pain?

Default Too early for round ligament pain?

Ok so. After looking up what round ligament pain is, that sounds like exactly what I have going on. I never had it with my first...so your thoughts would be much appreciated!!

It's been going on for at least two weeks. Its like a sharp pain in my lower abdomen/crotch area after sudden movements or coughing or sneezing. Like when I am rolling my fat butt out of bed in the morning, it hurts for a few seconds. Or if I hold my pee too long it starts to feel achey down there. But overall it feels nothing like having cramps. Just quick sharp pains, and then afterwards an achiness that goes away soon after. And we have a couch with two recliners on it. It's not exactly easy to put down the recliner, so when i have to wiggle out of the couch I definitely feel the pain.

Of course it worries me a little to be feeling all this stuff. Anything I feel going on down there is always worrisome.

But then part of me is wondering if its a second pregnancy thing, a twin thing, my body is definitely changing rapidly!!!
    Last edited by RedDonahue; 05-14-2014 at 07:46 AM.

You may feel a lot more discomfort after the second one. I felt the same way with mine! All that new stretching and swelling, it probably is that and round ligament pain!
    Dada (27) Mama-Jessie (26) Orion (4) Kadence (2) Osiris (Uterus)

I had round ligament pain with all of my pregnancies; I guess you were just lucky with your first!

Your descriptions are spot on with how I have experienced it. I think you can turn off the worry tape for this particular feeling.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

I have been having that for a LONG time....lol
    I would guess that is what it is....that is pretty much how I describe my pains now.
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

Thanks ladies! Very reassuring to hear all of this.