Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Admitted...non-pg related

Default Admitted...non-pg related

My oxygen levels are dropping when I stand up and they are ruling out other things before assuming it's my asthma.

CT scan was good...no clots .

Getting fluids...dr feels I'm dehydrated.

Had 2 breathing tx back-to-back, IV steroid, and still on oxygen. More breathing tx to come, blah, but thankful they help. Pain is minimal with just tylenol.

They're doing heart tests, a tilt-table test, and eventually sending in a pulmonologist.

They haven't checked on baby, but she has been encouraging me with lots of wiggles

Honestly, I feel like crud...just hoping it all resolves quickly...I already miss my kids !!!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

I hope ya start to feel better and soon!
    Hopefully all ya need is to stay overnight!
    Keep us posted!
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

Thinking of you Kelly! Get better soon!

Me - Jess DH - Matt
    September 2013

Hope u feel better!!

Oh goodness. I hope they get you feeling better very soon, so you can get back home. Praying for you.

Well that's no fun, but it sounds like we're glad your OB sent you into the ER now ... as it does seem there is cause to worry if your O2 is dropping.

I'm glad you're in a place where they can figure things out and take care of you in the meantime.

I also hope your stay is short and sweet!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Hope they find the cause soon, everything is ok, and you get to go home soon!
    STC Since 5/2012
    1/20/13 7/7/13

Thinking of you!

Kelly I really hope that they can figure out what's going on. Kup

Thanks ladies !

Apparently I have small areas in my lower lungs that are collapsed so they've been having me use a manual device I inhale from to help reinflate those areas...PT for my lungs .

I'm feeling world's better this morning after regular breathing treatments...off oxygen, but still on fluid.

I have an OB consult and a pulmonologist consult later today. After those, if my O2 levels stay up while walking around they'll likely discharge me. The dr said they'll be sending me home with steroids for the inflammation and the pulm dr would likely add another daily, maintenance med.

I had a rough night with almost no sleep b/c of pain, shortness of breath, and coughing...it's good to feel so much better this morning, but I'm looking forward to going home and getting some real sleep!!

I hope you get to feeling yourself soon!
    Dada (27) Mama-Jessie (26) Orion (4) Kadence (2) Osiris (Uterus)

That's great news that you're on the mend!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Do they know what would cause a partial lung collapse?

Oh my goodness! What an ordeal! That just sounds like no fun and pretty painful.....partial lung collapse! Ouch for breathing. sorry, how rough.

I'm thankful mocha is giving you lots of snuggles!
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

Quote Originally Posted by pants View Post
    Do they know what would cause a partial lung collapse?
    Apparently, not breathing deeply enough due to the asthma so the air sacs in the lower lobes don't get enough pressure to inflate so they collapse.

Saw the pulmonologist...it sounds like I may be here until tomorrow since he wants to continue breathing tx today with the neb and switch me to a different inhaler tomorrow to see how I do. He also wants me to get in a couple doses of prednisone before sending me home. I'm still getting some symptoms around the time my next breathing tx is due.

Haven't seen the ob yet...hopefully soon...missing the reassurance of my doppler.

Ugh! We're all waiting for the OB to show up!

I know you're ready to get home, but I am glad that they are keeping you around to make sure you're completely stabilized before they send you home.

Stop leaving your windows and doors open!! K?
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

I hope all the tx and treatments work so you can feel better and get home soon!!

Could a nurse bring you a doppler??

Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Quote Originally Posted by khadijavye View Post
    Ugh! We're all waiting for the OB to show up!

I know you're ready to get home, but I am glad that they are keeping you around to make sure you're completely stabilized before they send you home.

Stop leaving your windows and doors open!! K?
    LOL, it's A/C all the way for me from now on !

Quote Originally Posted by Geneari View Post
    I hope all the tx and treatments work so you can feel better and get home soon!!

Could a nurse bring you a doppler??

I just requested that...told my nurse it would offer a lot of peace of mind to know baby is handling things okay (they know I've had a lot of losses). I told her I don't really need the OB, just would like someone to bring a doppler. So she's calling the OB nurses !!!

I feel you on the fresh air and no a/c thing, though. I was trying to go that route for a bit this spring (I think it's already summer here!!) and my allergies flared up and I just couldn't take it anymore. Money savings is great, but being pain-free is better!

So glad they're going to bring a doppler!! Good thinking Natalie!!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

baby sounds perfect !!!!!!

eta...they let me do it myself and said to feel free to use it anytime, eep !
    Last edited by kellyowens; 05-14-2014 at 02:14 PM.

Yay!!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Awesome!!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Glad that mocha sounds good!!!

Me - Jess DH - Matt
    September 2013

What an ordeal, I'm so sorry you've gone through that Kelly. Hope you can get home soon.

Yikes kelly so glad you are feeling better! What an ordeal praying you are all fixed and ready to go home soon

Ali (28) dh (28)love since 2006 8 angels who left us too soon

Hope you are doing better and feel better today. So glad that you got to hear your little mocha.

Sorry you had to stay another night! Hoping you get to go home today and sleep in your own bed!

Well bummer, here another night . My heartrate is 110 at rest and 150 while walking around (crazy to think it's as fast as the baby's!).

They are hooking me back up to fluids in case it's from dehydration. They are stopping my breathing treatments too since the meds can cause a high heartrate, but the pulmonologist said my heartrate is much higher than he'd expect if it was from the meds, especially while walking. My Tsh was 0.5 which is still in range but on the low end...I don't feel hyperT at all and my BP is good so I doubt that's it, but they're not dropping my dose much so it's worth a shot I guess.

I have an echocardiogram scheduled for later today. Heart issues are the least likely cause, but again, with a baby on board I'm glad they're covering all bases .

My breathing is a lot better...feeling much better overall other than my chest pounding.

Anyway, that's the update...set-backs are frustrating, but again, better to be safe than sorry and end up back in here because we missed something important.

You are definitely right where you need to be! Hope all is good by the end of the day so you can go home tomorrow. Glad they are checking everything though!
    ~Andrea~

You have the right attitude about the whole thing Kelly!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13