Thread: So very excited! :-) EDD 1/10!

Default So very excited! :-) EDD 1/10!

I used to be *Christina* (can't remember password & I've moved) and had my first daughter, Evelia, Feb 26, 2009 -- I was part of the Mar 2009 group, but Evelia came early! Then, fast-forward to Oct 2011 and I found out that I was pregnant again -- with mono mono twins! But, from the very beginning, the timing was very, very off (when I should have been 7 weeks, I was only showing as 5...), and I continually felt just ill. Not morning sickness ill, but icky-ucky-yucky ill. I knew deep down that my body knew that the pregnancy was just wrong. Dec 5, I miscarried. During my healing, it hit me how fragile life is and while we had long-term planned to move to NC to live closer to my Oma (grandmother) and family, I knew that I had to do it right then. 3 months later, we had moved from Chicago to Raleigh, NC. A year later, we had bought a house, I'd transferred from one school to another and back to my first, and my daughter was in her second, great daycare. Now, 2 full years after moving, we decided to try again...and voila! I'm now 5ish weeks...! And this pregnancy feels awfully similar to my daughter's -- not at all like the m/c pregnancy. My first tell-tale symptom was the constant desire to massage my breasts as if I was prepping to nurse -- which hadn't in 4 years! A few days later, positive test. Wow.

The other weird part of this all is that I had gone to the ob/gyn to talk about getting pregnant again in Feb. DH & I had on/off tried since Oct, but the timing was really awkward (his brother died right when I was ovulating & there was no way we were in the mood or even in a good place to make that happen!) and then I wasn't sure if I was ovulating or not...so the dr, because of my age (37), prescribed Clomid for me. I tried it in Mar...and totally didn't ovulate. Nothing. Finally, the week that I should have gotten my period...I just got a lot of mess, but no period. A week later, I wonder why I'm getting so much cm...I test, and I was ovulating! Two weeks later, pregnant. Wow.

I have my first appt on 5/28 for what they call a nurse talk that includes an u/s. Hoping for the best!

Me, 37; DH, 43; DD, 5; m/c, twins -- 12/11
    Wishing all lots of and !

Congrats! I have a Feb 09 baby as well. Hoping to join this room in the next month or two!

Sara (35), wife to Nick (34), mom to Ainsley (2/22/09) and Raegan (1/15/12)
    Friend me on Facebook

Congrats!! I'm due in January as well!

Congrats!!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Congratulations and sticky dust!!!
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

Congrats!!
    Laura (33) DH (37) x 4

Exciting to see this room come to life! H&H9!!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Yay.......go glad to see you in here. Hoping for a sticky baby and a happy healthy 9 months.

Congrats

Me - Jess DH - Matt
    September 2013

woohoo!! the first January momma!! Congrats.

Awesome! Congrats!
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(27)DH(39) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

Congrats I am due on Jan 18th!! Still hasn't sunk in yet. Though the baby will be born the first week of Jan due to complications from my son.

Thank you all, ladies! I'm very excited and the reality hasn't quite sunk in yet. My daughter insists that Baby will be a brother because as she explains it, she'll already be the sister so she doesn't need a sister, so she's sure she's getting a brother. And he'll be named Sweet Sassafras. (Yes, she loves her My Little Pony!) I was 2 weeks early with my daughter, and I'm hoping for Baby to arrive by the end of Dec -- just so that I don't have to renew my short-term disability (which I'd most likely do anyway!). Ha! But the timing will work out nicely because I teach at a year-round school, and there will be 6 weeks after returning in Jan that I'd teach (covered by short-term disability at 50%), plus then my 3 week break, plus whatever sick/vacation leave I'll have...I'd love to have at least 3 full months with Baby, but I already have a wonderful baby-sitter lined up, so I'm ok with however it works out. :-) The only downside? Pumping again. But at least I have some experience on my side! ;)

Huge congrats !!!!!!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Quote Originally Posted by kellyowens View Post

Huge congrats !!!!!!
    Congratulations to you, as well!!! Many thanks!

Hello to everyone! Christina, I can't believe you're in here... I don't know if you remember me, but I sure remember you. I had my son Mason on March 10, 2009, only a few weeks past you! It took us a year to get pregnant with Mason and we conceived him naturally after 3 failed IUI's in a row, on what was supposed to be our month "off". Having him kicked my cycle in a regular gear, but nothing for 5 years...it was called "unexplained infertility". DH and I tried for a couple years and in 2012 we had 3 failed IUI's and decided to let nature take it's course. By 2013, I really was at peace with only one, if that was the plan, then I had a beautiful son and got to go through a wonderful pregnancy. I didn't even pay attention to the calendar anymore (you all probably know what I mean, I obsessed over dates). A couple months ago I realized I was late and I took a test. A faint pink line showed up, but I threw it in the garbage - I thought it was supposed to be the same color as the test line! oops! I re-read the directions and went to the store to get another test that actually said "pregnant". What??? 5 years and it just happened out of nowhere. I'm due around January 3 and 8 weeks along. **Sticky** We saw a heartbeat at 5 1/2 weeks and have an appt. on Tuesday again. Hoping to share this journey with some of you!

Wow... I'm rude... CONGRATS to you too Christina!

Oh, please! Yes, of course I remember you!!! You're from WI! Teacher, too, right? Congratulations to you, as well! Can't believe that this is all happening yet, but wow! I had an appt today with the nurse & then an ultrasound and the part that stung was when the nurse said, I know that you've done all this already, but since it's been awhile... Really?! Whatever! I was paranoid with my first pregnancy, miserable with the second/miscarriage, so I plan to enjoy this time! We also got to see the heartbeat today and I won't find out how far along I am technically until next week at my full physical appt with my ob/gyn. But hearing the heartbeat and seeing everything looking good made all of this feel all the more real. I do not know how women even 20 years ago did without ultrasounds like we do now!

But yes! Keep in touch! I'm glad that I know someone here already, too!