Thread: What is your children's favorite dinner?

Default What is your children's favorite dinner?

I am looking for ideas

Unanimously, home-made cheese, pepperoni pizza
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

It's a tie between homemade pizza and Mexican Doritos casserole here. They can't get enough of either!
    ~Andrea~

Blog Entries

Homemade pizza here, too.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart , My blog about MCAD

Pizza is always a favorite Sophia will try different toppings but, Cody usually wants plain cheese.
    *** Lindsay ***

Blog Entries

I am trying to think of anything else both kids like (besides mac and cheese) and can't think of anything.

Tacos are usually good in that each child will eat some of the offerings, but not all (DD meat, beans, cheese, olives, shell; DS1 beans, cheese, peppers, shell, olives).

Homemade spaghetti sauce usually is a hit, especially with elbow macaroni.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart , My blog about MCAD

I don't know if mine have a favorite. They seem to just love everything lol. When I ask them what they want for their birthday dinners both my older 2 have picked shrimp with pasta or rice. They also LOVE steak and corn. They also always eat pasta + broccoli (with garlic & olive oil) when I make it. Oh and fritattas too....and spaghetti and meatballs

ETA: OMG I can't believe I forgot....lentil soup. That may be the #1 because DD3 devours that too.
    Thing 1 (8), Thing 2 (5), Thing 3 (2)

homemade chicken nuggets and fries
    grilled marinated pork chops with mac-n-cheese
    grilled bacon cheeseburgers
    chicken alfredo
    chicken tacos, burritos or quesadillas (sp)
    just to name a few things the kids request here.

Noe has a funny palate. She doesn't much care for chicken nuggets, hot dogs or other typical kid food, although she will sometimes eat pizza or pasta. Here are a few of the meals she will always eat:

-- Tofu, either in miso soup or plain with a bit of miso or even just lightly salted, or fried with teriyaki sauce -- usually served with sticky rice, which she loves, and some sauteed or steamed veggie like broccoli, green beans, etc
    -- Chow mein, rice and/or potstickers; egg drop soup (I have a simple, very quick recipe if you want it)
    -- Grilled or bbq chicken or ribs, corn on the cob, watermelon
    -- Quiche
    -- Cold soba noodle salad. We make it kind of like a taco bar, so that we have the dressed noodles, and then the other items in bowls so people can add the ingredients they prefer. Noe usually just has the noodles with some carrots, and chicken or tofu. This is the recipe:
    8 oz soba noodles, cooked, drained, cool

Dressing:
    2 tbs rice wine vinegar
    1 tsp sesame oil
    3 tbs salad oil (can use olive, grapeseed, canola, veg, any mild oil - can also sub 1 tbs for flaxseed oil)
    1 tbs soy sauce
    1-2 tbs sweet chili sauce
    1 tbs honey
    1 tbs stir-fry, oyster or hoisin sauce
    1/2 tsp hot chili oil, optional (we leave it out bc the kids don't like heat)

For the bowls:
    green onions, chopped
    toasted sesame seeds
    fresh or dried cilantro
    chopped peanuts or almonds
    julienned carrot
    chopped celery
    bok choy, napa cabbage, green cabbage, kale, bean sprouts, snap peas, or other greens as desired
    shredded or sliced cooked chicken (we often have this meal when we have leftover grilled or roasted chicken, but it can be left out for a veggie dish)

I dress the noodles with about 2/3 of the dressing, and leave the rest so people can drizzle it over if they've added lots of greens or cabbage.

Some of her other favorite foods are beans (especially pintos or black beans cooked in the crockpot), fresh peas, ham, cheese omelets, mashed potatoes or latkes, crepes, falafel, edamame, bread, and various fruits and veg.
    -- mom to DD1 1/98 and DD2 10/09

Katie's favorite thing is spaghetti and Nathan's is pasta -- spaghetti or anything pasta. A close second is tacos.
    Lynne, Grandma to three beautiful girls and one handsome little man!

Harrison will eat almost anything. Olivia is really picky but her current favorite is pesto pasta. We call it green spaghetti.

Mine won't eat anything but then later on he'll go on about how I'm the best cook ever. And I'll ask him, what exactly do you like that I make? And he says, I don't remember exactly but everything you make is so good. It's like he realizes I'm a good cook, but he just doesn't like any of it. LOL.

Usually he likes noodles, sometimes chicken fingers, sometimes fish and chips, plain steak, plain chicken, turkey, or ham. Sometimes tacos or quesadillas (cheese or chicken). If I give him some fruit, cheese and some kind of plain meat he's pretty happy. Recently he likes mashed potatoes. Surprisingly he doesn't really love pizza or mac and cheese, typical kid favorites.

I forgot he likes Chinese food which is healthier if you make it yourself.
    Last edited by daylilies; 05-12-2014 at 07:31 PM.

Homemade chicken noodle soup, with lots of veggies. My son is a fruit and veggie lover, so anything with lots of those, lol.
    Jennifer

Thanks, everyone. I have three dishes that they like and I am trying to introduce more things into our rotation.

Pizza, hands down.