Thread: Finally

Default Finally

Ive been really nauseous and crampy this week, ive been trying to ignore it and then this morning i started spotting...i panicked and called my hubby at work and he called the dr who said to go to the er and get checked..well got there, waited two hours for nothing, didnt check baby heart beat, no ultrasound, the dr said "you dont look ill, youve lost before you know what to look for, if its not clotting then you are probabily fine, take tylenol for the cramps and come back if it gets worse"...biggest dum dum dr ever! I was so frustrated, i got home went online and found a woman in the next town selling her doppler, so i bought it....heartbeat 146.. Finally! Best sound ever, and the very first time ive heard it.. praying everything is ok and the spotting stops

Ali (28) dh (28)love since 2006 8 angels who left us too soon

Oh wow. I would have beyond pissed if that happened to me. If I were you I would make a formal complaint about that!
    Glad you were able to hear the heartbeat!
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

That's crazy! I can't believe you hadn't heard a heartbeat yet!

Me - Jess DH - Matt
    September 2013

Oh my word Ali, how scary ...I seriously can't believe they treated you like that !!!

Soooo thankful you were able to get a doppler and hear your LO !

Why haven't you heard the hb until now...especially with all you've been through??
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

That is awful. Doctors can be so callous. I'm glad you have your own now and can ease your mind. Hope the spotting stops soon for you.

Um, I do not think so

What is that doctors problem! It is not hard to grab a freakin Doppler! Especially at your gestation! You need to complain..... Imagine the next terrified women who goes there. So wrong.
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

Sorry, lol. So happy you heard baby's heartbeat! So amazing!
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

Quote Originally Posted by kellyowens View Post
    Oh my word Ali, how scary ...I seriously can't believe they treated you like that !!!

Soooo thankful you were able to get a doppler and hear your LO !

Why haven't you heard the hb until now...especially with all you've been through??
    I know strange huh? The docs never used a doppler and on the ultrasounds they never showed me heartbeat or heart...and im to timid to demand.....
    As for drs being butts well..i pray for them to be reminded of what it means to be a dr and hope they realize they have an impact on peoples lives,to them im just another preggo lady bleeding, doesnt affect their lives, but to me and. Myfamily this is our joy, the thing we struggled for, the worry, the fear of losing, the brother or sister who my children wait for, the happiness i carry this is a little life cherished.. oh well calming down.....

Something wonderful happened this morning!! Baby kicks! I guess it is babys way of saying sorry for the stress and letting me know he/she is alright....

Quote Originally Posted by MissAlexandra View Post
    Something wonderful happened this morning!! Baby kicks! I guess it is babys way of saying sorry for the stress and letting me know he/she is alright....
    Aww... precious! Such a reassuring thing to feel, especially after such a scare. I'm glad you are able to hear the hb now anytime you like. That's awesome!

I hate hearing a dr be so insensitive like that, especially to a woman in your situation. It's so scary and like you said that's YOUR FAMILY.
    Me: Heather {28}, DH: Tahee {30}, & Baby Boy: Carter {born July 2, 2014}... makes three

I'm so glad you had a happy resolution, but very sorry you were treated that way. I agree that something should be said but it's up to you how you want to handle it.
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Wow how careless! Spotting at 16 weeks is not normal! Glad baby sounds fine. Can you change practice?
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

So glad everything is ok! And that you can feel baby kicking!!! Must be so reassuring
    STC Since 5/2012
    1/20/13 7/7/13

Quote Originally Posted by cheeksy View Post
    Wow how careless! Spotting at 16 weeks is not normal! Glad baby sounds fine. Can you change practice?

Im in the midst of switching practices anyway, but it was an ER doc who was so jerkish, i guess working in that setting makes them more callus..

How's it going Ali? No more spotting?
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Quote Originally Posted by khadijavye View Post
    How's it going Ali? No more spotting?
    No more spotting but still lots of cramping,and the more active i am the worse it gets.. im so eager for the ultrasound monday, hoping everything is ok..until then trying my best to not do everything it is im dying to do, like mow the lawn, dig up my garden so i can plant my seedlings , scrub the deck...

Glad all is better. Working in ER setting does not justify the attitude. They chose to be doctors and work in ER. They should know it is stressful. We have a friend who is an ER male nurse. He has such patience despite actually sometimes being in absolutely stressful and unbearable situations.
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by MissAlexandra View Post
    No more spotting but still lots of cramping,and the more active i am the worse it gets.. im so eager for the ultrasound monday, hoping everything is ok..until then trying my best to not do everything it is im dying to do, like mow the lawn, dig up my garden so i can plant my seedlings , scrub the deck...
    I am super glad that you are fighting your urges to do loads of crazy manual labor!! ;)

Cramping isn't always a bad thing, especially since you're not bleeding!!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Do you feel like you're getting enough fluids in? That can really cause a lot of cramping...I'd even try gatorade for a few days to see if it helps .

I totally understand wanting to get things done but feeling like you can't ...it's frustrating for sure! Praying it eases up though and you can get back to normal life soon!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels