Thread: OT sort of... interview at the house help

Question OT sort of... interview at the house help

Tomorrow I am meeting a mom that I think she just needs a sitter for the summer and even if its long term I am cool with that. She'll drop off and pick up her daughter and I will provide 1 meal and 1 snack. I am going to type out an agreement such as payment and sick days. I am wondering what to wear. It will be at my my house but, I don't know how dressed up I should be because I don't want to appear to "stern" looking but, I don't want to be too casual. WWYD?
    *** Lindsay ***

I would wear jeans or khakis and a fitted, comfortable top. good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by i.<3.cheesysmiles View Post
    I would wear jeans or khakis and a fitted, comfortable top. good luck!
    Thanks! This is what I had in mind.
    *** Lindsay ***

yes, i'd wear nicer stay at home clothes. no sweat pants or stained over sized t-shirts ;)

Quote Originally Posted by runningmomofmany View Post
    yes, i'd wear nicer stay at home clothes. no sweat pants or stained over sized t-shirts ;)
    All shucks I was planning on wearing my Leopard sweater and hot pink neon leggings with with my red fluffy wig while smoking a cig and eating bon-bons. Shoot.
    Sorry... I couldn't resist. If you get my joke there.
    *** Lindsay ***

I agree, jeans or khakis and a nice shirt. Good luck!
    Jennifer

Quote Originally Posted by mom2CodySophia0811 View Post
    All shucks I was planning on wearing my Leopard sweater and hot pink neon leggings with with my red fluffy wig while smoking a cig and eating bon-bons. Shoot.
    Sorry... I couldn't resist. If you get my joke there.
    In some circles neon pink leggings and leopard sweater might be nicer stay at home clothes I question the wig

Quote Originally Posted by runningmomofmany View Post
    In some circles neon pink leggings and leopard sweater might be nicer stay at home clothes I question the wig
    She'll be here in an hour 15 mins I am wearing jeans with a printed top that's not too flashy.
    *** Lindsay ***

So how did it go?

Sorry for the long awaited update... everything went great. The mom and daughter were super laid back. The mom was totally cool with the rate of pay, my sick rules, she has back up if we would go out of town because I asked about that we plan on seeing my family up north in June-Julyish for 2 days and a family trip for 2 days so a total of 4 days she'd need a back up and she has back up in general. She is thinking 3 days a week because her daughter likes to spend time with her aunt. She was totally cool and really liked my rules at home I was worried she'd would think I am overprotective about things but, she was happy I was on the protective side. Her kid was shy but, a friendly girl. I feel really good about everything. She met Cody, Sophia, and James and we all got along well. For now its a summer arrangement but, she has a boyfriend so its possible in the fall date night sitter. The daughter enjoys some quiet time and asked if I am OK with her sitting in a different room reading a book because she can get overwhelmed at times which I totally understand. She is also going to bring over some summer school sort of work so I can help her with that if she needs it. I actually had the same idea for Cody because they sell these learning books at the Dollar Tree per grade. Cody and Sophia really like her too. I am so excited. After the interview James, Cody, and I ate dinner and then went to visit my dad and stepmom at their house. It was fun. I haven't been to their house since Easter so in general it was a good day.
    Last edited by mom2CodySophia0811; 05-09-2014 at 09:04 PM.
    *** Lindsay ***

So glad to hear it went so well! Sounds like a great match for you. Best of luck!
    Jennifer

Quote Originally Posted by Adhafera View Post
    So glad to hear it went so well! Sounds like a great match for you. Best of luck!
    Thanks! Yeah I think it will all work out.
    *** Lindsay ***

Glad to hear it went well!

Quote Originally Posted by i.<3.cheesysmiles View Post
    Glad to hear it went well!
    Thanks! I think our kids are going to have a blast this summer with their new friend.
    *** Lindsay ***

Sounds exciting!