Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pants/Brenda Update Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pants View Post
    Hugs. We paid out of pocket for our homebirths to. But for me it has been worth it. I highly suggest you having a doula that has experience with vbac if you are doing a hospital birth. The best thing you can do is labor at home for as long as you can. And a doula can help you with that. I will be stalking your pregnancy when it happens. . We go for my ultrasound in a week and as long as the placenta is not covering my scar and baby is healthy r we are OK for another hone birth. So many factors in pregnancy to consider as a vbac. Its so frustrating.
    It's very frustrating! I agree! We won't be TTC until Summer of 2016 even though I want one now!! I have to finish my clinicals first. I can't wait to hear how your US goes! and for another home birth story!
    Hollie(32) & DH- Ken(33)DD1- Autumn DD2- Raegan

Thanks Hollie for the support. It helps to have a few cheerleaders. <3

ULTRASOUND UPDATE

Hey guys. I updated this under my "pants" thread too. My ultrasound was today. Everything looked fantastic!!
    I am so thankful. My placenta is in the front but up high. Just like my last baby. Baby is measuring perfect and right at 20 weeks. Everything looks normal and healthy and the hospital OB said that she does not see any reason for me to need to go back for another ultrasound. In fact she said I was just about as text book normal and perfect as they get. And she didn't want to have to even put AMA in my chart. But she had to because I JUST turned 35. UGG...though the OB kinda rolled her eyes at the idea that I am AMA. The hospital that is my backup is so supper crunchy and very pro-woman/natural friendly. It was a breath of fresh air to just be told I'm normal..who cares that I am 35. I just loved seeing him or her move, kick, wave. IT was soooo sweet. I am actually leaning on this one being another BOY. Just a feeling I have. Though allllll of the gender prediction calculators have girl over boy like 80-20%..I am still leaning on this one being another boy. But that's ok with me. So at this point I am cleared for another home birth unless any other late complications come up. My midwife is coming over tomorrow for my checkup and we will go over the results. My next appointment will probably be in a month and I'll need to get rhogam shot again at 28 weeks because i'm A- and DH is O+. I have declined glucose testing. and everyone seems pretty cool with that. Unless something comes up later. I can't believe I am 20 weeks already!!! Crazy!!!

Here are a few pics.

web pic 1.jpgweb feed pic.jpgweb pic 2.jpg

Brenda

20 week midwife appt went great. Baby heartbeat was between 139-143. All other vitals checked out and fund us was at 20 weeks exact. Set next appt for 24 weeks.

great news!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

So happy that everything is lining up so well for you!
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

Thanks guys. Yes me too. I was worried for a while but looks good so far. I'm excited that I've started to plan my sisters shower. She finds out gender next weeks ultrasound. Yay...I'm SOOOOOOOO excited. Her shower will be in sept. But were just starting to think over some ideas.

APPT UPDATE: 28 week update! I can't believe I am at 28 weeks!! It's going quickly. Midwife came over today. Everything looked great. BP 128/78, urine looked great and no concerns. No swelling. Baby's heart rate was 140-145. Baby has generally been in the same position. Head down facing to my right. Got Rhogam shot since I'm A- blood type. We discussed ordering birth kit after next appointment and arrangements with pedi for newborn screenings after birth. My midwife carries both injection and oral Vit K. With Micah we gave Oral but with this one we will give the injection Vit. K. I remember that it was a hassle to try to remember to give three doses are just the right amount of time for Oral Vit K.. Both of my boys had slight jaundice so we just have to keep an eye on that after the vit K shot.But If this is a boy we will be circing a few weeks after birth and I need to make sure that baby has good levels of Vit K. So looking good. I've gained 27lbs total so far. Which is pretty much consistent with my pregnancies. I started at 130 so i'm at 157. I usually gain about 35-45 lbs per pregnancy. But don't have trouble loosing it all after birth.

OTHER STUFF: Other then that I'm feeling ok. Having lots and lots of acid reflux. I still occasionally vomit stomach acid. It doesn't matter what I do to help it still around. I am having off and on BH cramps. But that's normal. Usually just rest or water will help. But with each pregnancy I felt BH earlier and earlier. I'm starting to nest! I am 95% finished with the bunkbed/map room for the older boys. I promise to post a few pics when that is done. Also this month i'm trying to organize and set up the nursery. FOr now we are just reusing the baby bedding I had. It's gender neutral enough to work if this is a girl. But here is the bedding I had with my previous son. It's the first one titled "willow organic bedding" http://www.unique-baby-gear-ideas.com/deer-bedding.html
    ......My friends are throwing a sprinkle/brunch at a restaurant this weekend. So sweet! I wasn't expecting anything since it is my 3rd.

We started homeschooling for the year already. were taking the month of nov and dec off. So I had to start early to make sure he stays on track to finish middle of May. My dh and I are officially self-employeed. I'm freaking out a bit because the money is coming in spurts and slowly!! So the work he did beginning of last month is just now getting paid on. But I know we'll be ok. Oh and I'm right in the middle of planning my sisters baby shower. It's next month. I can't wait...it's a vintage toy themed shower. My mom is making a patchwork quilt for the nursery bedding so we'll use that as decoration too. So exciting...

Hope everyone else is doing well. I usually read everyones posts and keep up but don't always get a chance to post myself.

Brenda

Glad everything is working out well for you!
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

Great update! Glad to hear all is going well with you!
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

Thanks ladies!!!!...oh and I found out my sister is having a boy....yay I get to have a nephew...my very first nephew...I can't wait to spoil him. .my sis is excited just nervous about the single umbilical artery situation and the large cyst still..

Awesome update. WOW, 28 weeks and ordering birth kits! AHH! You've been so quiet that I lost track of how far along you are. Sounds like everything is gonig so well for you, looking forward to more updates.

Do you have any names picked out yet?
    Last edited by RedDonahue; 08-13-2014 at 05:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedDonahue View Post
    Awesome update. WOW, 28 weeks and ordering birth kits! AHH! You've been so quiet that I lost track of how far along you are. Sounds like everything is gonig so well for you, looking forward to more updates.

Do you have any names picked out yet?
    Thanks. Names...well for a girl we know for sure it will be Olivia, faith or Chloe. Were leaning on Olivia...

For boys were still tossed up. I want James john after our grandpas...dh wants Joseph... We need to talk that one over more....

Quote Originally Posted by pants View Post
    Thanks. Names...well for a girl we know for sure it will be Olivia, faith or Chloe. Were leaning on Olivia...

For boys were still tossed up. I want James john after our grandpas...dh wants Joseph... We need to talk that one over more....
    Ooooo I love your girl names, all three of them. I loved Olivia when I was pregnant with DD and it ended up being in the top 10 names that year! Do you have a feeling its a little girl this time???

Quote Originally Posted by RedDonahue View Post
    Ooooo I love your girl names, all three of them. I loved Olivia when I was pregnant with DD and it ended up being in the top 10 names that year! Do you have a feeling its a little girl this time???
    In the beginning I thought maybe this one is a girl, since I had bad morning sickness and I didn't have that with either boy. But after the ultrasound and as the pregnancy is progressing i'm pretty certain it's another boy. I am thinking about posting a "Take a guess" thread here at the end of the pregnancy with all of my funny wives tale things and having everyone guess. I think most of the wives tales are pointing to a girl. But I still think it's a boy. I had my one day of crying over the idea of having all boys and not a girl. Since this is likely our last. But after that cry i'm fine and kinda excited about having three of a kind. I'm so use to raising boys anyway. I keep having vivid dreams of having a boy with really dark hair like my DH. Both of my boys are blond and light brown with blue eyes like me. But my DH has dark hair and eyes. As a side note my mother in law is driving me crazy. Every time I see her she complains that she wants to know the gender and that it's bothering her she can't go ahead and go shopping for clothing. UGGG....I keep telling her she only has maybe 11-12 weeks max...But i told her not to get her hopes up on a girl. She only had two sons and no daughters. My BIL is not married and not likely to have children anytime soon (those are his words). So it's just up to me and DH to give her a girl for now. I'd hate to disappoint her but I kinda don't have any control over it.

Brenda

Gender disappointment is a hard one to grapple with ... especially OTHER people's gender disappointment about YOUR baby.

I, of course, continually get asked if we're going to try for a girl. While I did mourn the loss of purchasing pink things, I'm pretty happy with my little 3 of a kind and I honestly don't know if I could handle a girl. I don't know what the future holds, though I believe Gideon is likely to be our last baby, but I certainly tell people that we aren't "trying" for anything. ;)
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

Great update !!!

Thinking of you and praying for all the changes/challenges with dh's self-employment...so exciting, and super unnerving I'm sure, but it sure sounds like a fantastic opportunity for all of you !!

Happy 30wks!!!!

Thanks Kelly...if this baby follows my last I have exactly 9 weeks left....yay and ahhhhhhhh at the same time..

31 week appt update!!

I can't believe were in the third trimester home stretch!!!! Today was pretty routine. We discussed writing out a very basic birth plan. It's actually more of a birth plan for the hospital in case of transfer. Its a birth plan that includes my desired hospital and my backup ob office (especially good if we have to call EMS). It also includes some of the routine hospital stuff that I would like not to happen after birth. Like I do not want the hospital to circ, we usually wait a few weeks. I do not want the hospital giving pacifier. And unless an emergency I do not want hospital giving formula. I desire rooming in. I am declining the Heb b vaccination for baby but do want the Vit K injection. things like that. But if all goes well I wont need a birth plan for homebirth. My midwife will homebirth at 37 weeks for the earliest.. We set the last month-two worth of appointments. I'm measuring right on 31 weeks. My blood pressure was 110/78 and I was surprised with all the labor day picnic food that I wasn't more swollen. Baby is still head down and LOA!! Seems to be liking that position. For that I am thankful. I didn't want to have to worry about a breech baby. My midwife thinks this baby will continue to stay head down. It's dropped just a little. Not much but just enough that it maybe hard to flip back over. Baby heartbeat was 142 and he/she was sleeping or very very quiet. I'm curious what his/her active heart rate is.

The next appt at 33/34 weeks my midwife and birth assistant (another midwife) will be coming over. This birth assistant is not the same one I had with Micah. That birth attendant works the birth center in VA now. But the birth assistant I will have with this one has worked with my midwife for 20 something years too. My boys love being a part of the midwife visits. My youngest gets to squeeze the jell for the Doppler on me and he thinks that is the coolest thing.

I'm working on the nursery and got the crib up and bedding washed and put on the bed. I have a lot of my gender neutral clothing washed and put away. I need to decorate, hang curtains, wash the carseat stuff and wash the bottles and breastpump stuff.

I'm very thankful for a healthy baby and pregnancy!

Brenda

Yay for an excellent update!
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

Great update !!

I loved my kids being part of my midwife visits too .

Oh and...

Happy 31wks!!!!

Thanks y'all...

Yay! Great update

I tried to post pics of the finished bunk bed room..but APA was acting up and it wouldn't post any. I will try to do that against soon. Babies room is almost ready too.

But my braxton hicks have really picked up this week. They are short but some can be intense. I'm 35 weeks today and really hoping I can go another two weeks before baby is here. Man I do not remember them being so intense and frequent with either boy. My second born did have a round of diarrhea this weekend and I'm wondering if my body is showing signs of fighting a virus and maybe that's why the BH. Plus we DTD on sat and after that my BH picked up. Anyone else getting them??

My midwife comes Friday for gbs test ...praying for a negative...and its onto weekly visits now.

BH contractions here too. Yesterday I overdid it at my sprinkle and had them bad last night. They don't come and go for me they are constant, my whole belly just tightens right up and I have to lay down to get them to go away. They spread across my back too. I also try to pound water when they happen too. IDK what it all means, but hopefully baby will come a bit sooner than my due date.

Fingers crossed for GBS negative for you!

Elle thanks...yes they ease up if I lay down. But yes they are all over belly. From middle top all the way down to lower area. And some do effect my back. I'll mention to my midwife too. I just don't remember getting them with the boys this bad. but yeah I'd love an Oct baby. So hoping its a sign I go early too but not just yet.....I better finish the nursery in next two weeks just to be safe.

Praying for a negative gbs and that baby keeps cooking for a few more weeks !!

Some of my bh have been intense and I've had some suspicious looking cm which makes me wonder if I'm losing some of my plug, but early effacement/dilation is common for me (I've only had one preemie and that was 15yrs ago so not too worried at this point) . Staying well hydrated does seem to reduce their frequency/intensity, but it's difficult at this point because of the heartburn/reflux. Also, rrl tea seems to increase them for me, so if you're doing rrl that might be part of it .

Oh my goodness. I don't know ladies, you all are getting so close! I keep thinking your BHs are a sign of things to come, especially if they are that uncomfortable!! Good luck with your GBS Brenda!!