Thread: 37 weeks and Lower BS #'s

Default 37 weeks and Lower BS #'s

So I've noticed over the last couple of days my BS levels are lower than I would expect. Fasting and post meal. I tested that theory this morning with a meal that has previously given me slightly elevated 2 hour numbers (like normally 121-125) and my 2 hour levels were 81!?!?

I can't figure out the right set of search words to get any good information online. I thought I'd look into it, like maybe it's normal at this point in gestation, before emailing my doctor's office.

Anyone have any experience with this?

No experience but I hope you get some answers. Like you said, maybe its the gestation age. 37 weeks!!

Stepping in to say I had GD with my daughter and I experience lower blood sugars but mine was typically too low at the end so I had to follow the rules for correcting it. The nutritionist told me something that does happen but, its not always a bad thing.
    *** Lindsay ***

Thanks for chiming in Lindsay! What did you do to correct it? Just add more carbs back in?
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

Quote Originally Posted by khadijavye View Post
    Thanks for chiming in Lindsay! What did you do to correct it? Just add more carbs back in?
    Yes I usually drank 1/4 of a cup of juice. I had some 50's in the morning they didn't want it be below either 60 so juice would usually perk me back up without going over. They had a list of different things like juice, soda, fruit, candy that's not chocolate. Apparently chocolate would screw it up which I don't no why. GL PM me anytime if you have more questions I remember most of it though its almost been 3 full years.
    Last edited by mom2CodySophia0811; 09-30-2014 at 12:47 PM.
    *** Lindsay ***

Thanks!
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

Happy 37wks!!!

Kup on what your dr says about your bs #s!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

I had a little extra biscuit with my lunch today and my 2 hour number was 129, so maybe I shouldn't be too freaked out yet.

I did have a growth u/s yesterday and the OB said my placenta looked good. I think I'll wait to see what my fasting numbers are tomorrow.
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13