Thread: Slow heart beat

Default Slow heart beat

Good evening ladies,

in 2012 I had a DC because my fetus never developed (blighted); there was never a fetal pole. It was difficult for my husband and I.

I'm currently pregnant and I had a vaginal ultrasound yesterday. LMP was 26 jan; they said the fetal age was 6 week 1 day, with HB of 90. I was told that this could be an early sign of a miscarriage and that there was nothing they could do for me and I should get some rest. Has anyone ever experience this.

Blog Entries

I am pretty sure that around that same gestation my third baby's heartbeat was around 100. I thought that as the heart just starts to beat it can be slow. I only had an ultrasound at that point because I was in the care of a reproductive endocrinologist.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart , My blog about MCAD

I agree!! I had a ultrasound around 6 weeks and we could barely detect a HB and it was 100. It speeds up over the next 3 weeks. Hopefully all is well.

My gestational age is 8 weeks

Blog Entries

Are you quite sure of when you ovulated? How long were your normal cycles? I know that several ladies here have ended up not being as pregnant as they thought they were due to a later than normal ovulation.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.

This did happen to me unfortunately... I was very sure of my dates and was measuring two weeks behind with a low hrt rate. I hope this is not the case for you. My next pregnancy they gave me progesterone supplements right away and she is now 20 months old. Good luck...hope you get some answers soon.
    Melissa(35)+DH(36) DD1, DD2, DD3, and DS born March 25, 2014 love my angel babies

I just know that my husband and I was intimate on the 3 & 7 of Feb. He is currently deployed so it had to happen during that time. I was on my cycle prior to those dates. I'm 44 and he's 45

Thank you for taking time to respond. I just know that my husband and I was intimate on the 3 & 7 of Feb. He is currently deployed so it had to happen during that time. I was on my cycle prior to those dates. I'm 44 and he's 45

I'm so confused. When he said that the fetus was 6 wk 1 day, does that mean that I'm still 8 weeks gestational date or that I'm 2 weeks behind. Here's the deal, I just moved to this city and I have to register to see a regular OBGYN. This was done at a triage. I will hopefully get an appointment this week. I guess I should've asked these questions to the doctor but I guess I wasn't thinking.

Double M, my condolence to your previous lost but CONGRATS for your 20 month old blessing

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tigger View Post
    I'm so confused. When he said that the fetus was 6 wk 1 day, does that mean that I'm still 8 weeks gestational date or that I'm 2 weeks behind. Here's the deal, I just moved to this city and I have to register to see a regular OBGYN. This was done at a triage. I will hopefully get an appointment this week. I guess I should've asked these questions to the doctor but I guess I wasn't thinking.
    With a two week difference, your OB would go with the ultrasound dating. It is likely that when you do get in to the regular OBGYN they will want to do another ultrasound a week after your last one. That ultrasound will tell you much more since they can compare it with this one (they would want to see a larger measuring baby with a higher heartbeat).

With one of my pregnancies, I had an ultrasound at about six weeks and while there was a heartbeat it was very slow. It was assumed the baby had just started having a heartbeat and I was to come back a week later. Unfortunately, the baby never developed and after 3 weeks the HB stopped and I miscarried. I hope that is not the case for you. Hugs.
    i should add I had some bleeding along side that entire pregnancy. So that was also a sign there was an issue.

Jeanne, mom to Dev0n (6) Isabe11e (5) and C0rbin (3.5) Vio1et (almost 2)

Ladies,

I had a follow up today. The HR increased; it was 115. Remember it was 90 on Saturday. I asked the doc about my HCG and she said that it had dropped a little but they arent worried about that because there is a HB. The gestational days and everything isnt really adding up but I'm just going to take it a day at a time.

Yeah, keep in mind these examines were done at 2 different facilities. I will be calling to get on schedule for routine check ups tomorrow.