Thread: First Tri screening results :)

Default First Tri screening results :)

All of my b/w came back in the expected range and my NT scan was normal so my risk is low . I wasn't worried, but I'm glad I have the info . Had we gotten abnormal results we would have done the MT21 testing so not only are normal results good news, we also saved $200 out-of-pocket .

So that's it until the 18-20wk anatomy scan...expecting good news there too !
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

woohoo!! Great news.

Did your tech say anything to you while they were doing the NT scan? I remember the last time I went the Tech made it clear she couldn't say too much to us regarding "how it was going". She was pretty quiet the whole time and I think that's crazy. I can understand it, but still....

This hospital does things a lot differently than anywhere else I've been before. Prior to the u/s I had my appt with the fetal diagnostics genetic counselor who explained everything about the first tri screening. During the u/s, the tech talked with me the entire time and explained everything he was doing as he did it and why he was doing it. I even asked him to check on the sch for me and he was happy to do it. He showed me all of baby's body parts...arms, legs, and we were even able to count fingers and toes fairly well . He said everything looked normal for that point in pg. Immediately after the u/s the genetic counselor AND an MFM ob talked with me about the results again and gave me the paperwork for the lab to do the b/w.

Honestly, I rarely have questions because they answer them all before I can even ask!

The hospital I went to with my last 2 babies was like that...tech wasn't able to say anything and it was sooooo frustrating .
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Glad to hear Kelly!!!! Wishing you a healthy pregnancy as you go along!!!
    Kim-26 DH-26 Figuring out how to be a SAHM!

Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Great news!

Sara (35), wife to Nick (34), mom to Ainsley (2/22/09) and Raegan (1/15/12)
    Friend me on Facebook

Awesome!!

I've had both experiences where the tech couldn't say anything and in time around where she sowed me everything and talked me through it. I wonder if it has to do more with the experience level of the tech what the practice/hospital will allow them to say. You don't want someone freaking out a mom because they maybe misinterpreted something...
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

great news

Brenda

Awesome! So happy for you!!
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

Woohoo! Fantastic!

Ali (28) dh (28)love since 2006 8 angels who left us too soon

Great news Kelly!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Geneari View Post
    I've had both experiences where the tech couldn't say anything and in time around where she sowed me everything and talked me through it. I wonder if it has to do more with the experience level of the tech what the practice/hospital will allow them to say. You don't want someone freaking out a mom because they maybe misinterpreted something...
    I think it is probably a mixture of that, personality of the tech and the freedom that they are given in the facility. I had a lady do my ultrasounds who had been doing it for almost 40 years-since the very first ultrasound machines were being used in the 70s, and she was still very tight-lipped about it.

Meg (30), DH (40) & the 4 J's (Almost 7, 5, 3.5, 21 months)