Thread: Happy May Ladies!

Default Happy May Ladies!

We have made it a step closer! So what does everyone have going on this month with their pregnancy or family life? Anything special for Mother's Day?

For me, I have an intake and genetic counseling appointment on May 14 @ 3pm. It will probably take about an hour. I will opt in for our state recommended genetic testing. Consists of first tri blood work, nt scan before 14w2d, and 2nd tri blood work. It Is called sequential integrated screening.

Don't really know if we are doing anything specific for Mother's Day yet.
    Mainly we are hoping to break ground on building our house this month. The fire department said they signed off and will be writing it up for the city building and planning dept. we've been going through planning since Dec. 30th, so kinda over it at this point.
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(27)DH(39) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

May appointments!!!

Pants (Brenda): Cinco de Mayo, 2nd Tri. Apt!
    Elizabeth8503 (lizzy): May 13th, OB appointment
    Brittany_dawn (Britt): May 14th, intake/counseling
    Kellyowens (Kelly): May 19th, OB appointment
    Jessiebee (Jess): May 27th, ob apt
    Khadijavye (Dorcas): May 28th, the big one!!!
    Last edited by Brittany_Dawn; 05-01-2014 at 07:19 PM.
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(27)DH(39) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

My anatomy scan is on May 28th! Although it won't have the usual level of excitement attached, since we already know the gender, I am looking forward to seeing Gideon's face and fingers and toes!

We have a wedding to attend this month, which I'm not too keen on but I'll get over it.
    The last day of the month we have a reunion with a group of DH's friends from back when we started dating. That should be fun.
    DS1 also has his gymnastics exhibition and I am looking forward to that.

I don't have any plans for Mother's Day. I'm about $100 away from meeting my insurance deductible, so there's not a lot of free money at the moment. I hope my Mom has the boys make something for me. I've waited my whole life to get handmade cards and macaroni art. ;) I just gifted my mother a massage for Friday ... so maybe that counts as HER mother's day gift? ;)
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Not much for me... My weekly appts / ultrasounds have stopped for now so next appt is May 27th... I'll be 15w4d! I'm hoping to have Mother's Day off work to hang out with my mom. I was scheduled off but my asst manager is leaving to be a store manager at another store so now everything is crazy!

Me - Jess DH - Matt
    September 2013

I meet with the hospital ob/midwife group on monday for my 2nd trimester appointment (I have to meet once a trimester). Probably just the routine stuff. They didn't do a pap in my first trimeser. So probably do a pap this appointment. I need that for the state mandated Gonorrhea testing. Then we'll schedule my 20 week anatomy scan. (Probably sometime late june)

I have my first homebirth midwife appointment next thursday. She does all of her prenatal at my house. YAY. Dont have to drive and the kids have their toys to play with. She lives close to me. I'll see her monthly like a regular doc. Until time gets closer then every two weeks then weekly.

Nothing big for mothers day. Probably just go out to dinner or something. My birthday was this week and DH got me a spa package at my FAV local spa. So I may use that this month or next. My DS #2 turns 3 May 25th. Goodness does time fly. My in-laws have a beautiful pool. So we may just stick to a small pool party. Not sure if i'll do anything big. I don't do big parties every year for the kids.

Brenda

Quote Originally Posted by pants View Post
    My DS #2 turns 3 May 25th. Goodness does time fly. My in-laws have a beautiful pool. So we may just stick to a small pool party. Not sure if i'll do anything big. I don't do big parties every year for the kids.
    Aww! My DS2 turns 3 May 18th! Were we in the same DD room with them?? We don't do big parties every year, either. I did a big party for DS1's 5th birthday last year, and I don't intend on anything of that magnitude again for him until maybe 10. Otherwise it's family parties and maybe some friends at the house once he starts school. ;)
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

My next appointment is the 13th...no scan as far as I know (unfortunately) but we should go over my blood sugar results that I started obtaining today.
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

Quote Originally Posted by khadijavye View Post
    Aww! My DS2 turns 3 May 18th! Were we in the same DD room with them?? We don't do big parties every year, either. I did a big party for DS1's 5th birthday last year, and I don't intend on anything of that magnitude again for him until maybe 10. Otherwise it's family parties and maybe some friends at the house once he starts school. ;)
    I was in June 2011 dd room. My official due date was June 1st. But he came early May 25th. I did keep up with some of the may pregnancies since I had a feeling he would come early though. I kinda took a break from ap once he was born for a while.

We have 3 May bdays: dd turned 7 today, ds will be 13 on the 24th, and dd will be 18 on the 28th .

Usually we buy our annuals for the landscaping Mother's Day weekend and have hot dogs/hamburgers, just dh, the kids and I. We used to go dh's Aunt's for lunch and my mom's for dinner but since moving 2yrs ago we don't go up north anymore, but we do send flowers to our moms .

My next appt is May 19th . Eesh, it's coming up fast, it's only 2wks from Monday already! We'll be scheduling our 18-20wk scan at that time, woot ! We won't be finding out the gender, but I love love love seeing my mocha baby !
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Quote Originally Posted by JessieBee1027 View Post
    Not much for me... My weekly appts / ultrasounds have stopped for now so next appt is May 27th... I'll be 15w4d! I'm hoping to have Mother's Day off work to hang out with my mom. I was scheduled off but my asst manager is leaving to be a store manager at another store so now everything is crazy!
    Wow, time has just flown by! 12w around the corner!

Sounds awesome ladies! Nice and busy spring ahead of us!

Kelly! 3 bdays in May!?!!!??! Sounds like a busy momma!

Hoping you all have great days tomorrow! Even if this is your first, it's still your day!!!