Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 284

Thread: swalt01/Sarah individual updates

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    phoenix, az
    Posts
    666

    Default swalt01/Sarah individual updates

    Here we go. It has been a busy year for us. We renovated our home,got married in March and moved into our home in May. We decided to start trying right away after we got married. I went off bc in April and it took a few months for my cycle to get regular again. I decided to start using the ovulation test strips and good thing I did because I found out I ovulate on day 11 instead of around the normal. We were successfull the first month we used the ovulation test strips and I got my postive on August 18th! We found out we were having a boy and we re both thrilled. So far it has been a pretty smooth pregnancy. I had some ms that hit late in the afternoon but I was able to control it with Zofran. I have just been exhausted, and still don't have my normal amount of energy back, but it was better than it was before. This will be the first grandchild on both sides so our families are thrilled. My mom passed away last year and I know she would have been thrilled that we are having a boy. She had all girls and always wanted a boy. I am estranged from my dad due to his actions after my mom passed so he hasn't been involved with the pregnancy, nor does he seem to care. My dh family has been great. My sister in law is pregnant with her 2nd and is due in March so it has been fun going thru this with her. Time seems to be moving so slow, but so fast at the same time. I will be 20 weeks on Saturday and I can't believe I am almost to the halfway point. I have my big us on the 21st of the month and I can't wait. We want to double check and make sure he doesn't have spina bifida due to my dh husband's brother passed away from that when we were younger. It has been a concern for us, even though I was taking prenatal vitamins while we were ttc so I should be ok. I never thought I would get married and have a family so I had almost given up and then I reconnected with my dh and my life has changed forever (for the better). I am so thankful that he is back in my life again,even on the days when he annoys the crap out of me LOL. We have only been together about about 2.5 years and we have been thru so much together that it has just made our relationship stronger. I know that I am with my soulmate. I am a pretty open book, so if you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask! I look forward to reading all of you individual updates

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    14,859

    Default

    These are going to be so nice! Good luck with your big u/s!



  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boon Docks
    Posts
    6,922

    Default

    I also feel I am with my soul mate. There is nothing in the world like being with "the one". Congrats! Did you always know he was the one?
    Dayna (37) DH (38) DD (6) DS1 (3) DS2 3-31-14

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    phoenix, az
    Posts
    666

    Default

    I knew from our first date that it was going to be different. I knew pretty quickly that he was the one. We actually knew eachother when we were 3 yrs old. Our mom's were friends and we all lived in the same apartment complex. We moved to the other side of town and they followed shortly after. We went thr school together stating in 5th grade all the way thru high school but never had classes together. We had some mutual friends but never hung out. Then he joined facebook and he emailed me wanting to get drinks. I said yes but I was dating someone at the time and never heard back from him. Then when I ended it with my ex I emailed my dh right away and asked if he still wanted to get those drinks. We went out that same week and have been together ever since. We even have a picture when we were little that he was pulling me in for a kiss. We have it framed in out family room. It is amazing to think that in a big city like Phoenix we would have ended up together.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boon Docks
    Posts
    6,922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swalt01 View Post
    I knew from our first date that it was going to be different. I knew pretty quickly that he was the one. We actually knew eachother when we were 3 yrs old. Our mom's were friends and we all lived in the same apartment complex. We moved to the other side of town and they followed shortly after. We went thr school together stating in 5th grade all the way thru high school but never had classes together. We had some mutual friends but never hung out. Then he joined facebook and he emailed me wanting to get drinks. I said yes but I was dating someone at the time and never heard back from him. Then when I ended it with my ex I emailed my dh right away and asked if he still wanted to get those drinks. We went out that same week and have been together ever since. We even have a picture when we were little that he was pulling me in for a kiss. We have it framed in out family room. It is amazing to think that in a big city like Phoenix we would have ended up together.
    Wow! That is a great story! How great to have known your DH since you were a toddler. lol I love to hear stories like yours though I think I would have killed my DH when we were kids.

    I knew from my early teens that my DH was out there (a feeling or intuition) but that I would have to wait a long time for him. When I did finally meet him and I saw his eyes I knew instantly he was "the one". I remember thinking, "He is an angel!" After our first date we had already discussed getting married! lol It just clicked.
    Dayna (37) DH (38) DD (6) DS1 (3) DS2 3-31-14

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    phoenix, az
    Posts
    666

    Default

    That is awesome! It is amazing how you just know when it is right.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    14,859

    Default

    Aww I love love stories! My DH and I knew right away that we were going to get married also. Infact we only dated 2 months before he proposed and I kept thinking what is taking this man so long lol.



  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    phoenix, az
    Posts
    666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrandiB View Post
    Aww I love love stories! My DH and I knew right away that we were going to get married also. Infact we only dated 2 months before he proposed and I kept thinking what is taking this man so long lol.
    That is so cute. We got engaged after 4 months, but I kept wondering the same thing, What is taking so long?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    14,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swalt01 View Post
    That is so cute. We got engaged after 4 months, but I kept wondering the same thing, What is taking so long?
    We were engaged much longer though. He proposed in Oct and we were married in May. We had to wait for him to finish being a resident assistant at school.



  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    12,629

    Default

    What a beautiful love story! It took my dh and I 7 years to realize we are meant for each other nd after meeting after 7 years again he proposed to me right away and I accepted!
    Looking forward to more of your updates !
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    phoenix, az
    Posts
    666

    Default

    I have my monthly appointment today and then next week my big u/s. I am glad that I am going today so I can have my dr check for an ear infection and see what meds I can take for this cold.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    12,629

    Default

    Looking forward to hearing your appointment update!
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    14,859

    Default

    How did your appt go?



  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    928

    Default

    What a beautiful story Sarah! We met at a young age, but went from dating to moving in together within just a few months. But it was quite some time until we got engaged! I knew DH would be with me forever when we first met, it was just an instant connection

    Looking forward to hearing your updates! And I hope you are feeling better soon - I'm also getting over a cold and it's no fun during pregnancy.

    Mel (39) DH (37) Finally, a baby boy after 12 months of TTC!
    April 2013 http://www.saferpills.org/

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    phoenix, az
    Posts
    666

    Default

    Appointment went well. HB was 147. I talked to the dr about my cold and she said I can take Mucinex or Robitussin as long as it isn't the DM kind. If I start to run a fever over 100.4 I need to call so they can put me on antibiotics. She said it is probably just viral and not much they can do. I hate being sick and being sick while pregnant is even worse. I am more exhasuted than normal. I went to be at 7:30 last night and had a hard time waking up when my alarm went off at 6:15. I just tossed and turned because I couldn't breathe. And she said that things tend to linger longer when pregnant because my immune system is already weak. Great, hope it goes away by Christmas.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boon Docks
    Posts
    6,922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swalt01 View Post
    Appointment went well. HB was 147. I talked to the dr about my cold and she said I can take Mucinex or Robitussin as long as it isn't the DM kind. If I start to run a fever over 100.4 I need to call so they can put me on antibiotics. She said it is probably just viral and not much they can do. I hate being sick and being sick while pregnant is even worse. I am more exhasuted than normal. I went to be at 7:30 last night and had a hard time waking up when my alarm went off at 6:15. I just tossed and turned because I couldn't breathe. And she said that things tend to linger longer when pregnant because my immune system is already weak. Great, hope it goes away by Christmas.
    I am so sorry you are sick. I was in your shoes in October. Did you ask your doctor if you could use nasal spray? The plain old over-the-counter kind? I was given the go ahead to use it but only once a day for a max of three days. What I ended up doing while I had the cold was using it in only one nostril for three days and then in the other for another three days so I could get 6 days of at least partial breathing. It was better than no breathing, which was the alternative. I also use Flonase but it was not helping. The other thing that helped my breathing was falling asleep with a menthol cough drop in my mouth but some would worry about choking. I never choke on them but sometimes I spit them out in my sleep. lol
    Dayna (37) DH (38) DD (6) DS1 (3) DS2 3-31-14

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    phoenix, az
    Posts
    666

    Default

    She did say I could use the over the counter saline nose spray, so I am going to give that a try. I have been falling asleep with a cough drop in my mouth too LOL DH is worried that I will choke. I have been sleeping sitting up to help with coughing and drainage so I am no to worried about choking. It is just one side of my nose that is congested so at least I can breath out of one side LOL Of course we have a busy weekend so I don't see any rest in my future

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boon Docks
    Posts
    6,922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swalt01 View Post
    She did say I could use the over the counter saline nose spray, so I am going to give that a try. I have been falling asleep with a cough drop in my mouth too LOL DH is worried that I will choke. I have been sleeping sitting up to help with coughing and drainage so I am no to worried about choking. It is just one side of my nose that is congested so at least I can breath out of one side LOL Of course we have a busy weekend so I don't see any rest in my future
    You are doing pretty much everything I did. It WILL get better, although slowly. I think the worst of it lasted a week for me and then after that it was just the coughing that lingered. I had to sleep sitting up through it all. I am actually still sleeping propped up on pillows.
    Dayna (37) DH (38) DD (6) DS1 (3) DS2 3-31-14

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    14,859

    Default

    UGH so sorry you are sick. I hate being sick and being sick while pregnant totally sucks! Funny that we know your having a boy but the heart beat totally is a boy HB lol.



  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    phoenix, az
    Posts
    666

    Default

    I guess there is some truth to it that you can guess the gender by the hb

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    1,082

    Default

    Congrats on your first baby! And that it's a boy!! The story of how you and your husband ended up together is so sweet! It's amazing that you knew each other from such a young age! Your kids are going to LOVE seeing that picture of the two of you when they are older. Very special to have that. Thanks for sharing your story it was fun to read! I love knowing more about all the ladies in here.
    Also sorry to hear about you being sick! I hope you're feeling better.

    Chelsea Deven (5 years)
    DS- Dean(4 years), Dean's twin 8 weeks DS-Logan(3 years), DD-Hannah(1 year), DD- Abigail(1 month), We're a big family and loving every minute of it

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    phoenix, az
    Posts
    666

    Default

    Thank you. Welcome and we can't wait to leanr more about you!

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    12,629

    Default

    Hope you start feeling better soon! It does take longer to recover during pg but just keep drinking warm liquids and take care!
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    8,612

    Default

    Congrats your baby boy! I can't wait to hear more updates.
    Mariah (35) and DH (40) BFP 8/12/13! Baby Kayla is here! Praying for all the APA girls .

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    phoenix, az
    Posts
    666

    Default

    WooHoo! I am 20 weeks! I can't believe I am at the halfway point already. I feel like I am finally starting to show a little bit. I have a lovely new symptom now. If I am standing up and I sneeze, I pee a little bit. Guess it is time to start wearing panty liners LOL. I am still really tired, but I am not having too many other issues. Dh is hoping that once Michael comes out, I will want to eat Mexican and Chinese food again. He is going thru withdrawls, especially Mexican food because that has always been one of my favorites. I feel so bad that I don't want to eat it. I can't even stand the smell of the food. I have been craving hamburgers. It was McDonalds now it is Wendys hamburgers. I guess I need the iron from the red meat. I have always been one to eat chicken in stead of red meat. Dh is liking that I want hamburgers now LOL

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    14,859

    Default

    Woohooo for 20 weeks!! Half way there is awesome! I don't want Chinese food when pregnant either and my DH loves it lol. I did go through a Mexican food stage though. Oh and a Hamburger sounds good!! I had 2 last week. One we ate out the other we made at home lol.



  27. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Mid-Missouri
    Posts
    1,218

    Default

    Are you feeling better?!

    I've also been eating way more red meat than usual -- and it's so funny you mentioned about peeing a little when you sneeze -- that happened to me this morning!

    I've actually been LOVING Chinese or any other Asian food while PG. Mexican is more hit or miss.
    Sara: 31, DH: 33. After 19 months of STC, we caught an eggie! #1 is on its way!

    Make a pregnancy ticker

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    phoenix, az
    Posts
    666

    Default

    I am starting to feel better. The Mucinex has helped alot. Ya, peeing when you sneeze is not fun at all. I told my dh about it last night and he just looked at me like I was crazy.

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    14,859

    Default

    Imagine your peeing deal not ever leaving!
    I have been dealing with it since I had my ds almost 5 years ago. I sneeze I pee, I cough I pee, I puke I pee. I wear a pad 24/7. Sorry that you are already dealing with and hopefully there will be no issues after baby is here.



  30. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    12,629

    Default

    I also eat more red meat and I crave quesadillas! Sneezing and peeing - happens a lot since I have ongoing allergies lol
    Yay to 20 weeks!!!!!
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •