Thread: TTC after a second trimester miscarriage?

Default TTC after a second trimester miscarriage?

So...

On April 17th we had our big u/s at 18 weeks and were told all was good and that our baby was a girl. I had been having cramps and red blood on/off since 6 weeks. On April 18th I went to ER because I had cramps and blood together. The u/s showed that baby had died. I delivered her naturally on April 19th (my birthday) at home. She was perfect except that her hand and arm were growing inside her chest with her hand reaching up towards her heart.

I have seen my OB a couple of times. Last time was April 25th. He told me all was ok and that we should prevent for 3 months. My bleeding has stopped and DH and I have bd'ed 2 times-with no protection. My next appointment is May 23rd. So if I get pregnant will my Dr be able to tell or is it too early?

DH has changed his mind about wanting a fourth. But he is not wearing condoms and we have them.
    I do not want to mention anything as if I do he will actively prevent and I still want a fourth.

I am 38 and have had kids in '08, '10, '12 my DH just turned 40.

Any suggestions?

Misty, I am so sorry you had to go through all of this. Did they ever explain why this happened at 18 weeks? I knwo with my two losses there was never any explanation. My OB also told me to wait 2 months to get my cycles back and ovulation back to normal, are you sure you ovulated since the m/c? It took me a while to ovulate after my losses and to get a steady period. Are they testing your HCG to make sure it is down below 5? I ask that because they say you will get false O days if you dont wait for your HCG to drop below to its normal levels.
    Me-Kelly (29) DH-Phillip (33) 2 unexplained losses. Ready for a rainbow baby!

I am thinking that if I do have AF that hubby will start using condoms to prevent so I am hoping to get pregnant before then...

Thinking of you Misty and praying for a bfp and hh9m for you very very soon !!!

Oh Misty, I'm so sorry for the loss of your little one.

Missing my thoraco-omphalopagus conjoined twin boys born on 9/18/12 at 33 weeks.
    Dh (teacher, 33) and I (SAHM, 32) have been married 8 years since May

Misty...just realized I never answered your question . I ovulated 3wks after my 2nd tri loss which is when I usually ovulate so it didn't seem to affect my cycle at all. We didn't follow my hcg levels so I have no idea if they had dropped to normal or not. My dr told me to wait until after my next period to ttc again, but said it was only to accurately date the pregnancy and there was no medical reason to do so.

I think if you usually have a 28 day cycle then it's possible to have elevated betas by your next appt if you are pg again, but you'll have repeat betas to make sure they're going up and it's not just residual hcg from your loss. The day of my mva in January my beta was 24,000+ and I was 9wks with a blighted ovum...it took 5wks for my beta to drop to normal so we could start another medicated cycle...I ovulated when I normally would despite an elevated beta.

One thing you could do is take cheapie hpts every few days and if they're getting lighter or are neg then you know your levels are dropping/have dropped. If they start to get darker again, then you can assume you may be pg again.

Anyway, hope that helps !

So sorry misty...some people say to wait to make sure your body has fully recovered some say your body will o when its ready, either way seems you and hubby are ready and i wish you a quick ttc journey and a beautiful bouncing baby soon!

Ali (28) dh (28)love since 2006 8 angels who left us too soon

I'm so sorry for your loss . I have no experience with 2nd tri loss, all of mine were 1st tri. But I wanted to offer my support anyway!

I am so sorry I think Kelly gave you some great advice. HUGS.

~*~Katrina~*~ Momma to Xander, Hayden & Lily (6) and Jericho (3 1/2)

Thanks everyone! I will be getting some cheapies...

I hope it's a very quick TTC journey
    Please stay with me LOBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks