Thread: When would the DPO day be?

Default When would the DPO day be?

I've seen a lot of people talking about DPO in reference to when they test. Assuming most of you on here take ovulation tests, how do you determine this?

For instance, I started my AF at April 2nd. Then, received a positive for LH surge (ovulation test) on the 17th and again on the 18th. We BD'ed the 17th, 18th, 19th, & 20th. I've tested this morning at it's negative. When should it show up positive?

I think I read somewhere that it should 11-13 DPO? What would my DPO day be from? The day I got my first positive or 1, 2, 3? days after that? I'm so confused!

TIA. I'm kinda obsessing over here. ;)

Nikki, what ovulation tests do you use? I have always heard the best days to test and not get false positives would be days 14-16 after your Peak ovulation day
    Me-Kelly (29) DH-Phillip (33) 2 unexplained losses. Ready for a rainbow baby!

I use Babi.

Are you temping? Using a BBT is a good way to track if/when you are ovulating. I believe you can ovulated up to 36 hours after a positive OPK.
    Laura (33) DH (37) x 4

No, I haven't. I'll do that next cycle if I'm not pregnant this one *crossing fingers* that I won't need to.

So, should a test show positive by now do you think?

Well, I guess really you could be anywhere from 9dpo, so maybe give it 2 more days. Implantation occurs 6-10 days after conception so you need to wait for that hormone to begin releasing.

Good luck though!
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

If you ovulated 4/18 (the day after your 1st + OPK) you would start counting your DPO's on the 19th...19th being 1 DPO. Today would put you at 13DPO...I would expect a + in the next day or two if it is coming. Fingers crossed!

~*~Katrina~*~ Momma to Xander, Hayden & Lily (6) and Jericho (3 1/2)

Ok so now I'm really confused. I just had some brown spotting. I've never experienced that before. Could that be a sign of implantation and maybe why it's not showing up yet on a test? Thank you for all the input.

You would have had implant bleeding quite a while back...if you ovulated when your OPKs were +. I am guessing this is the start of AF...I'm sorry I know I usually start about 2 weeks after I ovulate. I could be wrong, and I hope I am, just my guess. HUGS.

Yep, you were right. AF came. I'm so bummed right now.

Do you have anymore suggestions? I feel like I'm doing everything right and still nothing?

It does sound like you are doing everything right at this point.
    How long have you been trying, ages, any fertility testing done yet on either of you?