Thread: Ovulation Test

Angry Ovulation Test

I have been having a hard time getting a positive out of an ovulation test. Has anyone else had this problem? If I am in fact not ovulating than I would like to get some clomid but how do I know that - that is the best thing for me to do! UGH I just want to get pregnant! Been trying for so long!

I've never had that problem, but I would think you would have gotten a positive by now if you're ovulating . Definitely call your dr to talk about it...clomid may be a very good place to start for you .

Kelly,
    I have been charting my temps and it looks to me like I did ovulate - but that negative test has me totally puzzled! I am using Fertility Friend. I wish there was a way for me to "share" my chart with you! I'm just trying to get it all figured out and I do appreciate your help

Huh, if your temps are showing a shift, then that would be more indicative of ovulation than the opks . You should be able to post your chart here by copying and pasting the link .

Kelly I posted my cart above. What do you think about it? Do you think i ovulated and if you think i did when do you think i did? I appreciate any help you can give me

How many days of "low" temps should you have? I just counted and it looked like I only had 4 days of low temperatures. Is this normal? Sorry I am just so determined to figure out my "puzzle" and either get pregnant or find out why I CAN'T!

That didn't post your chart, it just takes me to the login for FF.

At fertility friend click "sharing" and then click "setup"...your link will be under "Your Charting Home Page Web Address". Copy the link and paste here .

Thanks Kelly, I couldn't recall the steps or my login for that matter.

Which ovulation tests are you using? I know the Clear Blue are very pricey but a friend just shared these with me and said htey work also! I have used the Clear Blue since my RE has said they are the most accurate but I plan to order these also!
    http://www.amazon.com/ClinicalGuard-...ovulation+test
    Me-Kelly (29) DH-Phillip (33) 2 unexplained losses. Ready for a rainbow baby!

Kelly -
    Thanks for the info on how to share my chart you rock!!
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4dd4e7
    Let me know what you think? Does my chart look normal? Do you think I ovulated? See anything of concern? Suggestions?

Your chart looks great!

It's not so much about how many low temps you have in the 1st phase, but the jump from low to high and the sustaining of the high temps in the Luteal Phase.

Just now reading this thread. I have PCOS and don't always ovulate so my doctor does cycle day 21 testing to check progesterone. Your chart does indicate ovulation tho! The cycle I got pregnant with my twins I never had a positive opk which made me crazy... But now I'm 12w6d hopefully the opks were just being weird like mine!

I would say you definitely ovulated based on your temps so far! I'm not sure why you wouldn't be getting a +opk ...I would have expected a positive on cd 14 for sure.

Are your opks even close or are they fairly light the entire time?

This is what fertility friend says about it:

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/...itive-OPK.html

So maybe your surge is just really sharp and you're missing it?

my tests are the kind that says Yes + or No - and I always get that darn No - so no way of telling light/dark etc. When do YOU think I actually ovulated according to my chart. What is your personal opinion on it. Fertility friend said friday. I had int on Wed and then not again until Sat. Sure hope that worked lol.

Are you using fmu or testing later in the day? Usually with digis they say to use fmu.

I agree with fertility friend...looks like you ovulated on Friday . If your dh has no sperm issues Wed is definitely within your fertile period, but Sat might have been too late. Everything crossed for you !!

What is fmu? I am testing around 8 p.m. every night. Well I was I stopped now Is that the wrong time to test in the evening?

No sperm issues that I am aware of at this time. We have 2 babies 2005 and 2006 girls . Unless something went bad since then we should be ok

fmu is first morning urine . With digital tests it's recommended that you use it first thing in the morning. With the dipstrips it's better to use them later in the day. I'm honestly not sure why the difference . I've used the clearblue digital ovulation tests as late as 11pm and gotten a + so I'm not really sure if it matters all that much...just know the directions say fmu is best.

Ok great to know. I will try fmu next month! I will try a different brand of test and go with that. Plus I feel so much more confident in know when I might ovulate with charting my temps now too! Sure wish I would have started charting sooner! Do you happen to know if blocked tubes have any signs? I sometimes wonder if that isn't my problem. I have had 2 normal pregnancies in 2005-2006. I fear endo is my problems also

Usually blocked tubes have no symptoms, but it can definitely be a cause of infertility in a woman who is ovulating. Have you talked with your dr about checking for endo?

Yes, I went to the doctor in March I think it was and he wanted to schedule me for a lap so that he could go in and take a peek and burn off anything that might be in there and also run dye through my tubes. I'm scared to death to do it!!! I know that it is a "minor" surgery but it is surgery! I talked with him and told him that I thought it might be best to keep trying for a few more months and see what that brings and then more forward with the surgery if I wasn't able to become pregnant within 3 months or so. He thought that I was making the right decision by doing that.