Thread: roadside delivery

Blog Entries

Default roadside delivery

This just happened in my town.
    http://www.cinewsnow.com/news/local/...257759751.html

Funny thing, I have a friend who went through the same thing a few years ago!

~ Cassie, mama to Madison (8), Ali (4) & Wesley (new dude!)

Aww, so glad everything worked out fine for them ...had to be a scary few minutes though!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

my friend had her last baby, #2 on her bathroom floor with only her mom in attendance, dad with her other child. She had felt some contractions but they petered out. she took a nap and woke up an hour or so later with one strong contraction. she called her husband to come home from work, but after a couple more really strong contractions decided to call her mom who was closer. She and her dad were already in the car going somewhere and swung by. 45mins from waking up with the strong contraction she was delivering.

She's due on the 10th with her 3rd, and afraid of a repeat. she has been running in with every contraction. she's already dilated to 4cm, but they wont break her water or induce until she's past 39wks, despite both other girls being born 7 and 8 days early. Her biggest fear is going into labor at home with the girls, with DH at work. i live 10mins away, so im her emergency person, but im out of town until tomorrow.

Glad everything is okay! That would be very scary for both parents I think more for the person driving.
    *** Lindsay ***

I had a friend give birth in the car on the way to the hospital. Her hospital midwife actually met her at the car and once baby and mom were settled and OK drove with them to the hospital.

My births are planned home birth for that reason. I'm scared this one will be born too fast to make it to hospital.

Oh goodness! I'm glad everything turned out ok!
    Jennifer

Every time I read a story like this, I feel like it could have so easily been me with DS2! I drove myself to the OB, found out I was dilated 8cm and in transition, and had the baby 8 minutes after I arrived at the hospital via ambulance.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LaurainFL View Post
    Every time I read a story like this, I feel like it could have so easily been me with DS2! I drove myself to the OB, found out I was dilated 8cm and in transition, and had the baby 8 minutes after I arrived at the hospital via ambulance.
    Yikes! I'll bet that was a bit scary!

I'm glad everything turned out ok, too. What a birth story to share!

~ Cassie, mama to Madison (8), Ali (4) & Wesley (new dude!)

These quick labor stories kind of make me hope for the same, in a way. DD was 13 hours on pitocin with no painkillers and I'm certainly not planning to repeat that again!