So I've been lazy but here it is! I woke up at about 1:30 am to a contraction on April 21st. I've never woken up from a bh contraction before so I was startled. I had another a little time later so I decided to start timing. I had about 3 at 7 min apart for close to a min long so I decided to wake up DH. I told him that I didn't know if I was in labor or not yet but wanted to get him up to help me time. I then went to the bathroom and after had a contraction that lasted about 2 min and was really painful. We continued to time and after only 45 min of timing I was 3 min apart, it was going fast. I called the hospital and as they were asking me questions about timing, I had a contraction that I couldn't talk through so they had me come ASAP. We live close so we got there fast and got to triage. She checked me and said I was 5 cm with a bulging bag. I was at 2-3 cm at my appt on the Thursday before. She got me to a suite right away. I labored for about another hour and then gave in and got the epi. Worst epi experience ever. I have scoliosis so he was having a hard time getting it in correctly. I was screaming and dinning every time he tried the epidural shot so he had to keep putting more locals. Finally maybe 10 min later he got it in. I got checked again after that and I was now 7 cm with bulging bag but she said she was still pretty high. By then the parents and in-laws had arrived and the epi was working. My doc cane in about an hour later and I was now 9 1/2 cm but she hadn't come down. The doc decided to break my water. 2 hours later, she still hadn't come down and I was getting worried. They had me lay on my side and put a blown up bean looking thing between my legs to open my hips. An hour later she had dropped to -1. The doc told my nurse to have me start trying to push as I was now 10 cm and 100% effaced. I pushed for about an hour and she wasn't dropping enough. The dr came in and checked me. He told me she was sunny side up and that's why she wasn't passing by my pelvic bone. He manually turned her during a contraction to be face down. Thank god I had the epi! Now she had to have her head pretty much remolded for my canal so the whole last hour was for nothing. :/ I was 3 hours I to pushing and she was lower but still not crowning. I felt so tired and weak, I hasn't are anything since the dinner before and it was now about 3:15 pm. I had thrown up twice from the pushing and was starting to dry heave. The nurse reached out to my dr who said that I had one more hour and if no success, we may do a c section. The head nurse also was saying she may put me on pitocin since my contractions were now longer in between because my uterus was getting tired. I didn't want either so I gave it my all with every push. I finally got her crowning about half an hour later so they called my dr right away. He got in the suite and got himself ready. Even with the epi I could feel the burn with crowning so I wanted to push so bad, it was hard to wait for him. I finally was able to start pushing again ur he said she wasn't going to be able to get her head through. He let me try for a few contractions but then her hr starting going down and the dr was getting nervous. My DH was trunk to motivate me as much as he could when holding my leg, he was an amazing coach the whole time, sweet when I needed him to be and tough when he needed to be. Finally the dr said we couldn't wait and said he was going to give me an episiotomy. I started crying from that, not cuz I could feel it but I really didnt want stitches. A friend of mine didn't heal well from one she got. But as soon as he cut me, She started to come out. I had to keep pushing without contractions as well because they were so spaced apart. Before I knew it she was on my chest. I started sobbing uncontrollably and it was amazing. She was 8 lbs 3 oz and 21 in long. Harley Rose was born at 4:06 pm.
We've had our challenges since. I am healing well, sometimes I leak but ok. Can't wait for there to no longer be bleeding! Breastfeeding was a real challenge. I was on fluids the whole time I was in the hospital, about 13 hours, and that blocked all milk in my right breast when it came in I the Thursday morning after. She was losing too much weight and I was in so much pain from the engorgment. I went to a lac consultant that Friday and she said I was to worst case she has seen. I was using a nipple shield because my nipples are flatter but she was already down about a pound by then! )
( I personally believe she weighed less at birth though). I rented a pump and took a long shower she I got home to massage and make myself let down. Finally milk was starting to at least drip from my right breast. She is now feeding really well and the lac consultant helped to get her to latch on with kith the shield in a follow up appt. she was also up 2 oz. that was over 3 days so the consultant said it was better than average.
I'm loving being a mom to this incredibly beautiful little girl!!!