Thread: Elizabeth's birth story

Default Elizabeth's birth story

This has been quite the week. I went into work and left to go to my regular appointment with the intent to go back to work after. I honestly wasn't expecting any changes. The assistant took my bp and mentioned it was elevated. When my Dr came in, she told me no more work and wanted me to be monitored due to pre e. If everything was okay then I would go home and report on the 4th for an induction on the 5th. My labs were good, but my bp was high so they decided to keep me then to be induced.

That night, they gave me a pill vaginaly to start contractions. I was 1cm and 50% effaced went I went in. When they checked me again, there was no change so they gave me another of the pill. When they checked me again, I was at 1.5cm and had softened, so they decided to do the Pitocin around 10pm. The contractions had started to get rough, so they gave me some drugs to knock me out. During the early morning, I remember the nurse putting an oxygen mask on me and mentioning it being good on the baby and it did help with breathing through contractions. When they checked me again, I was 3 cm, but Liz's heart rate suddenly went from 140 to 50. I was still pretty out of it from the drugs and it didn't register immediately. I remember moving sluggishly while they yelled at me to hurry onto my side and onto another bed. They rushed me down the hallway and into surgery. Since I didn't have an epi, I was knocked out and she was delivered 8 min later at 6:47 am, 7lbs, 7 oz and 20 in.

I woke up in recovery 45 min later with my husband there and a healthy daughter. I'm still at the hospital and the recovery will be longer, but I am just glad she is okay!

Elizabeth - 4/30/14

So glad she's here and healthy!

Congratulations! Seems like our babies so far are having a but of a rough start! Glad she is fine and you will be home in no time!
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

So glad that she ok.

Last edited by melis; 05-02-2014 at 10:45 AM.

Elizabeth - 4/30/14

Wow! So glad you and Liz are okay. Congratulations, Mama.
    Sara: 31, DH: 33. After 19 months of STC, we caught an eggie! #1 is on its way!

Make a pregnancy ticker

So good to hear you and baby are doing well. Here's to a quick and low pain recovery! Some advice - you can take it or leave it - take the pain meds they offer you and get up and stand or walk as soon as you can. Oh and of course, rest, rest, rest!
    Dayna (37) DH (38) DD (6) DS1 (3) DS2 3-31-14

Congrats on your baby girl! Such great news that you are both healthy and safe

Chelsea Deven (5 years)
    DS- Dean(4 years), Dean's twin 8 weeks DS-Logan(3 years), DD-Hannah(1 year), DD- Abigail(1 month), We're a big family and loving every minute of it

What a whirlwind! So glad that you and baby are both ok! Congratulations mama!
    Jennifer

Quote Originally Posted by daynasrose View Post
    So good to hear you and baby are doing well. Here's to a quick and low pain recovery! Some advice - you can take it or leave it - take the pain meds they offer you and get up and stand or walk as soon as you can. Oh and of course, rest, rest, rest!
    I've been taking the Motrin when offered. It has been so nice and I have been surprised at how nice the showers feel on my stitches. I took a nice walk on the floor today too.

It looks like my pic didn't work. I'll post one when I get home tomorrow. My little family has been doing well. Liz is having some latching issues, but we are working on getting her what she needs until my milk is in. It looks like I am getting more with each pump I do.

Elizabeth - 4/30/14

So glad you're both ok and can't wait to see the pic, congrats!!!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Quote Originally Posted by melis View Post
    I've been taking the Motrin when offered. It has been so nice and I have been surprised at how nice the showers feel on my stitches. I took a nice walk on the floor today too.

It looks like my pic didn't work. I'll post one when I get home tomorrow. My little family has been doing well. Liz is having some latching issues, but we are working on getting her what she needs until my milk is in. It looks like I am getting more with each pump I do.
    Good to hear you are not in too much pain and walking around! The walking makes recovery that much faster. ;)

Can't wait to see a pic of little Liz!
    Dayna (37) DH (38) DD (6) DS1 (3) DS2 3-31-14

Awww, so thankful you are both doing well ! Praying your milk comes in soon and your sweetie has her latch all figured out by then !!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

We are home! She is enjoying the swing quite a bit and she slept on the entire ride home.

Elizabeth - 4/30/14

Congratulations again, she is beautiful!
    Jennifer

Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

Thank you. She had an appointment yesterday to have her weight checked out and it looks like she gained! We were getting concerned because the day after her birth she was 8% weight loss and then on Friday, she was at 9%. She also was fighting with latching, so I was having to pump and supplement. But my milk just came in and she has decided that breastfeeding isn't so bad. As for me, I'm not having any difficulties getting around due to the surgery site at all. My blood pressure is still high, but it was lower today then what it was when I was in the hospital.

Elizabeth - 4/30/14

Liz looks so peaceful! You must be thrilled to be home!
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(27)DH(39) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks