Thread: Where to start counting weight gain

Hybrid View

Default Where to start counting weight gain

Hi ladies been wondering as I stood on the scale shocked and staring at the numbers..

For those of you who lost some weight, where do u start keeping track of weight gain...

My weight is usually somewhere in the 130's The day i got pregnant i was 138...( high for me) being sick and puking i went down to around 114...this morning i weighed in at 131...have i really gained 17 lbs!?! Do i not count it as gain since its lower than i was? Am i at plus 17 or minus 7?

Im confused, slightly upset im gonna be a whale in october..usually i gain 40 lbs while preggo, with my son it was all off in three months with my daughter it took 10 months..im just afraid of ending up 188 lbs when im a tiny framed woman who doesnt hold weight well...

I dont intend on doeting, but maybe i need to rethink my veggie and junk food intake and start exercising more...

Ali (28) dh (28)love since 2006 8 angels who left us too soon

I would count weight gain from your pre-pregnancy weight. I started out 187 and I'm holding strong at 189.

I would think you wouldn't count the weight loss during pregnancy. I didn't. I lost weight after I started my GD diet with DS2 and when I calculate my pregnancy weight gain I don't factor in that loss ... it's just pre-pregnancy weight vs. weight the day I had the baby.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Quote Originally Posted by khadijavye View Post
    I would count weight gain from your pre-pregnancy weight. I started out 187 and I'm holding strong at 189.

I would think you wouldn't count the weight loss during pregnancy. I didn't. I lost weight after I started my GD diet with DS2 and when I calculate my pregnancy weight gain I don't factor in that loss ... it's just pre-pregnancy weight vs. weight the day I had the baby.

This makes me very happy hahaha

Ali (28) dh (28)love since 2006 8 angels who left us too soon

Quote Originally Posted by khadijavye View Post

Yup, me too...I count from pre-pg . I switched home scales though (big difference since my old scale was shot) so I'm going by my dr's office at this point. My last pre-pg weight was at my RE's, but my weight at my OB's last week was within what I think I've probably gained so it's close enough.

I've gained about 4lbs which I think is fine...I expect to gain about a pound per week through the 2nd and 3rd tris so I should end up somewhere between 30-35lbs . With my last 3 babies I only gained 20-25lbs, but I was exercising a lot...I don't expect to do much exercising this pg, lol, too paranoid now . I've got the rest of my life to get back in shape!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Yes count the gain from prepregnancy weight. I gain 35-45 when pregnant too. And I'm usually between 128-131. And I'm right on track to gain a lot. But that's OK. As long as baby is healthy.

Yep, certainly start from your pre-p weight and calculate up. You are -7
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(27)DH(39) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

Pretty much what everyone else said. When I was still in negative weight gain, my midwife said to shoot for PP weight by 19-20 weeks.
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

If we do from prepregnancy weight....I am down over 15 lbs and it doesn't seem to be stopping.... and trust me....I could afford to lose some weight, but my biggest concern is making sure my LO is healthy.
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

If you start out as being classified "overweight" and you think it's a legitimate classification--body comp and muscle not withstanding...less weight gain is needed and some weight loss isn't going to hurt.

Your body will take care of the baby first!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

According to the BMI index....I should technically be about 150... and my starting weight over 220....I do not look like I weight this much, but I am down to 204.5 as of this morning... My OB has stated she does not want me to gain more than 15 lbs...and I hope not to gain anymore that that.
    One of the little guys that I used to take care of when I was doing home health saw me yesterday and said (he is 8) "You don't look like you are going to have a baby, you aren't very big."....out of the mouth of babes.....
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

Its amazing how much pregnancy can change bodies. Before andafter my son at the same weight my weight distribution lets say was way different.and my boobs completely gone. Thanks extended breastfeeding. But for me anything goes as long as baby is healthy and I agree with you kelly we will both get enough exercise after the babes are born but irs still hard to watch those numbers on the scales creep up

Yeah, I had lost 20lbs in 2012 and got pregnant in January of 2013 and had a m/c in March and then spent the next several months gaining everything back due to my sadness over the m/c. I'm bummed that I let it happen and I would have enjoyed starting a pregnancy at 167, but at least I have a pregnancy. I will be able to get the weight off after Gideon is born. The most important thing is having another baby.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13