Seriously, i am at the end of my rope. DS went from being the sweetest, most adorable little guy on earth to a defiant, tantrum throwing, maniac. He screams and kicks and hits when he doesn't get his way. We are all walking on eggshells (DD included - and she has so much patience with him, I feel so bad when he's mean to her) at house to try to avoid the inevitable melt downs without giving in to his every whim (candy at breakfast! stuff he totally knows is unacceptable). Everything is a battle - cleaning up toys, brushing teeth, getting out the door for school, going to bed. I am just so drained. At school we have access to an amazing child psychologist who practices positive discipline. She has given me lots of good suggestions, and really put it all in perspective for me. I am just worried that I lost my sweet, sweet boy and break down in tears (generally not in front of him, though sometimes it happens) several times a day because I just don't know how to get through this phase.

Anyone go through something similar? Did your LO come out of this stage unscathed?